Perseverance reveals character

Pilsner

This was a tough loss for sure. Most of us expected the Bills to either win or blow out the bungles. But those bungles fought hard and the refs had some questionable calls against us and non calls against the bungles. Overall the game should have been won but it wasn't. So from now on it's a learning experience and this game will be used as a jumping board for the rest of the season as it should be.

I saw and am still seeing so many fans going into panic mode for just this one game. Our players have character and perseverance. It's what this team is being molded into. And overall we'll be glad for this. But it's astonishing to me how many fans throw in the towel so quickly. If you fanatics can't handle one loss in one NFL game (when our team is 3-1 now) then how do you handle adversity in real life?

This was a tough loss for sure. Most of us expected the Bills to either win or blow out the bungles. But those bungles fought hard and the refs had some questionable calls against us and non calls against the bungles. Overall the game should have been won but it wasn't. So from now on it's a learning experience and this game will be used as a jumping board for the rest of the season as it should be.

I saw and am still seeing so many fans going into panic mode for just this one game. Our players have character and perseverance. It's what this team is being molded into. And overall we'll be glad for this. But it's astonishing to me how many fans throw in the towel so quickly. If you fanatics can't handle one loss in one NFL game (when our team is 3-1 now) then how do you handle adversity in real life?

Answer: they probably don't. I'll bet most of them are living in Mom's basement, collecting disability from the state of NY for excessive ...

They probably don't.

Joe and Slack, you can prolly handle it. But the others who can't... ughies...

I'm trying to look at it realistically and we're facing two defenses that have played horrible in the past few weeks...we can get our offense back on track than we're coming off a bye.

Am I the only one who's happy with any progress this team makes this year with the understanding that this is year 2 of the rebuild? This team is building to be an every-year contender. The perseverance they are showing this early is a great sign for the future.

Am I the only one who's happy with any progress this team makes this year with the understanding that this is year 2 of the rebuild? This team is building to be an every-year contender. The perseverance they are showing this early is a great sign for the future.

Great point. This team is still not a Super Bowl contender, whether they won today or not. We're hoping for playoffs here. Next year, with another draft and free agency period, we're hoping for a playoff WIN.

The year after, if all that pans out, is when you can start looking to be REAL contenders. Maybe a little faster than that in this fast paced NFL world, but seriously...anyone who had dreams of the Super Bowl in New York this season (seriously? did I just say Super Bowl and New York in the same sentence?) was not being realistic.

3-1 is just fine for me right now.

Good post.

We were not going to go 16-0. This loss could be good medicine for the tough stretch of games ahead.

One thing I want our players to stop doing is to stop pleading with the officials for a call. Now they know they have to take care of business themselves.

I agree with your Post, and aside from a few pseudo-fans on here, I don't think most of us are throwing in the towel, just disappointed that this team didn't play as well as they could. If i felt that this game was their best, then i would be closer to throwing in the towel for this season (never as a Bills Fan). Still hopeful here in Eagles country...just disappointed.

Good post.

We were not going to go 16-0. This loss could be good medicine for the tough stretch of games ahead.

One thing I want our players to stop doing is to stop pleading with the officials for a call. Now they know they have to take care of business themselves.

I hearken back to a game in 1995, Bills vs. 49ers. The Bills lost that game on an eventual (Darrick Holmes?) fumble at the goal line that (Gary Plummer?) returned all the way for a touchdown. The 49ers were the Super Bowl champs at that time, and the Bills played them to the wire on their turf. I thought that was a game that sorta made the Bills believe who they were and was a GOOD loss, if ever there was such a thing.

I know this isn't the '95 49ers, but there was SO MUCH hype about the Bills after last week's win, I almost wonder if a good knockdown game isn't some good medicine for this young team. Again, no loss is a "good" thing, but they can be learning experiences. Perhaps this can be one.

quote name='Pilsner' timestamp='1317599038' post='2270589']

Critiquing is fine but anyone who bitches n moans needs to grow a set.

and ya a shameful bump

It's OK to be upset right after a loss. And this was a game on paper that you'd mark down as a win. But the Bills were only slight favorites, and many teams lose to inferior teams every week, the Bills/Pats game being an example just last week.

The Bills are better than last year. Does that mean 6-10, 8-8, 10-6-- who knows. But three wins out of the box and 3-1 tells you little about how things will turn out. People were too low before the season started, and too high after last week. The truth likely is in the middle.

But I have to agree that people who come out of the woodwork to exhult in the Bills sucking is odd for supposed fans of the team. Must be truly unhappy people to get all revved up that they are now sure the team will be .500 or worse because they got nipped today 23-20 on the road. Truly bizarre folks. But to each their own I guess. CD

I hearken back to a game in 1995, Bills vs. 49ers. The Bills lost that game on an eventual (Darrick Holmes?) fumble at the goal line that (Gary Plummer?) returned all the way for a touchdown. The 49ers were the Super Bowl champs at that time, and the Bills played them to the wire on their turf. I thought that was a game that sorta made the Bills believe who they were and was a GOOD loss, if ever there was such a thing.

I know this isn't the '95 49ers, but there was SO MUCH hype about the Bills after last week's win, I almost wonder if a good knockdown game isn't some good medicine for this young team. Again, no loss is a "good" thing, but they can be learning experiences. Perhaps this can be one.

I tend to agree. There may have been too many distractions after a huge win. If you are right, we should see renewed focus next week-- if they learn from today's loss.