Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz can still get the ball out in under 1.5 seconds and complete the pass to a receiver in under 3 seconds. The problem is ....no receiver is open anymore, they can't make any separation from opposing DB's. Teams now know how to defend against Fitz by jamming the receivers at the line to disrupt the timing. Plus the Bills don't have a Brandon Marshall type who can bull his way off the line to make plays and make the catches. Fitz needs more then 3 seconds now to wait for his receiver to get open, sadly that makeshift O line can't even give him 2 at times.

Do the Bills miss Lee Evans? With his deep speed that opponents were forced to respect, and were forced to cover the guy when he went deep. The fact is that this opened things up for Stevie Johnson to make plays while making Evans look bad because he was getting doubled and Johnson was making the catches.So what now, now that Johnson is the #1 receiver and he is seeing that double coverage, do the Bills trade him for a 4th?

That O line is so much worse off without Eric Wood. They never could hold a block for more then 3 seconds even with the line completely healthy, now they can't run block at all without Wood. Eric Wood was playing some great football and although Levitre played decently at LT he should have stayed at LT or moved back to guard. The lack of depth on this line is killing this team. Cutting the hangman is sure looking like the stupidest move

Where is the running game to help take pressure off the QB ...Fred Jackson 7 for 17 yards a 2.4 ypc avg, Johnny White 2 for 6 yards, Spiller 3 for 2 yards. No where, that's where

Its a team game and the QB needs a decent team around him, one that can hold a block, one that can make a hole. I'm already sick of this "finesse" offense crap

P S not sure who the GB Packers have on their staff who is the one the evaluating talent, the Bills need to hire him.

His inaccuracy is a BIG problem. But there are many issues right now compounding like injuries.

What do you make of the opening drive and Fitz completely missing a wide open Stevie Johnson on that quick slant? That was a game changer right of the bat. Should have been a touchdown. That's one example of it being on "him". But sure there is a plethora of problems including the LB's, cornerbacks, Wr's, return game etc.

A sure TD pass that he had to toss maybe 6 yards through the air - and he chucked it 5 feet over the receiver's head. That s*** is on Fitz, no one else.

The WRs' stonehands and lack of pass protection are problems, sure. But let's not manufacture excuses for Fitz - he always has been, and probably always will be woefully inaccurate.

I just wish we had done his deal over the summer or waited to negotiate his deal. We ended up doing his deal at the absolute worst time for the Bills as an organization. We are paying him a whole lot of money. I hope he plays up to and and above his contract.

I just wish we had done his deal over the summer or waited to negotiate his deal. We ended up doing his deal at the absolute worst time for the Bills as an organization. We are paying him a whole lot of money. I hope he plays up to and and above his contract.

They are millions under the cap...who cares how much they pay Fitz...

His inaccuracy is a BIG problem. But there are many issues right now compounding like injuries.

What do you make of the opening drive and Fitz completely missing a wide open Stevie Johnson on that quick slant? That was a game changer right of the bat. Should have been a touchdown. That's one example of it being on "him". But sure there is a plethora of problems including the LB's, cornerbacks, Wr's, return game etc.

Yea, he over threw Johnson on that one play. It was on a 3rd down and 2 play. If you go back and watch it, Fitz looks right and then spins around to throw quickly to Johnson, it didn't work...stuff happens. I'm not going to fault the QB for losing the game because of that one errant pass.

Spiller had a clear hole, he stuttered and it closed fast.... this is the NFL, everyone is fast.

Fitz is still a remarkable QB that is lacking a decent surrounding cast, he needs a stud WR that can get open off the line, an O line that can block so that his TE can be free to catch the ball more often. a RB behind FJ that can block in protections, find holes and run thru them, and make big plays.

If it were all in an up front bonus, you would be correct.

I had even posted that they should use this year's cap space to give bonuses to Fitz, Fred, and Stevie so that money would be freed up (proportionally) in future years to spend on others. As far as I know, Fitz's contract is not front loaded like that.

They are millions under the cap...who cares how much they pay Fitz...

Yea, he over threw Johnson on that one play. It was on a 3rd down and 2 play. If you go back and watch it, Fitz looks right and then spins around to throw quickly to Johnson, it didn't work...stuff happens. I'm not going to fault the QB for losing the game because of that one errant pass.

Spiller had a clear hole, he stuttered and it closed fast.... this is the NFL, everyone is fast.

Fitz is still a remarkable QB that is lacking a decent surrounding cast, he needs a stud WR that can get open off the line, an O line that can block so that his TE can be free to catch the ball more often. a RB behind FJ that can block in protections, find holes and run thru them, and make big plays.

Still remarkable? Pass the Kool Aid please.

Remarkable QB's are accurate. Fitz's downfall is that he is not accurate especially throwing the ball past 15 yards. You take away the short game, basically you have handicapped Fitz to make a lot of throws he can't make. They don't even attempt to try it with the personnel they are running right now, but when they have took shots Fitz has missed. Read the Giants game.

He is a serviceable quarterback though. Better than Losman, Edwards etc.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Fitz has not played well the last few weeks. Earlier in the year, he was playing better. It is not just the loss of other players, in several cases today he had sufficient time and an open receiver, and misfired on the pass. In many of these cases he looked like he was rushing the throw even though the pressure was not there yet. However - I am willing to cut him significant slack for today's game, because I believe the constant flow of bad snaps REALLY threw off his timing and poise. I cannot remember seeing such a bad performance by a center in my life. If Levitre was actually a center, I would call for him to be cut. Since he was never meant to be a center, I think he should be returned to play LG or at worst LT.

Tom Brady is a remarkable QB. Aaron Rodgers is remarkable. Even Cam Newton is more remarkable than the thoroughly ordinary Ryan Fitzpatrick.

So those first 5 games were an anomaly? The real Fitz has shown himself in the last 3 games? You guys think Rodgers or Brady could do better behind that PoS line? That Bills pocket is totally collapsed after 3 seconds, there is no where to run to wait for the receiver to break open like Rodgers does, no pocket to step up into like Brady has.

What the heck happened to the running game after that first series?

Do I need to remind everyone....

QB

""The team that takes the shortest amount of time to throw is the Buffalo Bills. Fitzpatrick, also a top-10 quarterback according to Total QBR, has to get the ball out so quickly because Buffalo's offensive line is the second-worst in the league at allowing pass pressure within three seconds in the pocket.""

And that was before Eric Wood went on IR...

http://articles.nyda...cks-chris-canty

The NY Giants changed their style of defensive play just for Fitz.

""The Giants' pass rush won't necessarily surrender Sunday, but it will change tactics. Big Blue has piled up 11 sacks since Umenyiora's Week 4 return, but isn't likely to get many against Buffalo. On average, Fitzpatrick fires the ball just 1.5 seconds after taking the snap, Umenyiora said.

"On set plays," Umenyiora said, "nobody can get to him."

Yea Fitz has had a bad time the last 3 games, perhaps he is trying to hard since his big payday. I still believe he is the best QB the Bills have had since Jim Kelly

the real problem on this team has been the defense all year. they looked ok when they were getting turnovers, but when the turnovers stopped they look like their stats show, a complete sieve.That Bills defense made Phins QB Matt Moore look like a Brady-Rodgers... they were so pathetic 14-20 160 yards 3 TD's.

So those first 5 games were an anomaly? The real Fitz has shown himself in the last 3 games? You guys think Rodgers or Brady could do better behind that PoS line? That Bills pocket is totally collapsed after 3 seconds, there is no where to run to wait for the receiver to break open like Rodgers does, no pocket to step up into like Brady has.

What the heck happened to the running game after that first series?

Do I need to remind everyone....

QB

""The team that takes the shortest amount of time to throw is the Buffalo Bills. Fitzpatrick, also a top-10 quarterback according to Total QBR, has to get the ball out so quickly because Buffalo's offensive line is the second-worst in the league at allowing pass pressure within three seconds in the pocket.""

And that was before Eric Wood went on IR...

http://articles.nyda...cks-chris-canty

The NY Giants changed their style of defensive play just for Fitz.

""The Giants' pass rush won't necessarily surrender Sunday, but it will change tactics. Big Blue has piled up 11 sacks since Umenyiora's Week 4 return, but isn't likely to get many against Buffalo. On average, Fitzpatrick fires the ball just 1.5 seconds after taking the snap, Umenyiora said.

"On set plays," Umenyiora said, "nobody can get to him."

Yea Fitz has had a bad time the last 3 games, perhaps he is trying to hard since his big payday. I still believe he is the best QB the Bills have had since Jim Kelly

the real problem on this team has been the defense all year. they looked ok when they were getting turnovers, but when the turnovers stopped they look like their stats show, a complete sieve.That Bills defense made Phins QB Matt Moore look like a Brady-Rodgers... they were so pathetic 14-20 160 yards 3 TD's.

Really...come on man..get off the crack pipe ....fitz has a noodle arm no accuracy and no emotions..but hey he is smart....he did figure out how to get a few million for growing a beard. a backup qb at best ..fastest release in the nfl..ppplllleeeaaassseeeeee..come back to earth your judgement is clouded from lack of o2

Over the last three games Fitz has a QB rating around 47. This is really bad! It is not fair to blame him completely. After all, he is hampered by an inferior coaching staff and an inferior offensive line. BTW, does anyone know why the Bills' defensive coordinator has a job in the NFL? His track record is abysmal. Look at his record in Buffalo and he has to be the worst DC in the league and yet he still gets a paycheck. For what?

I agree that Fitz is hampered by injuries on the OL and at WR. I also agree that there are serious flaws in the Bills' coaching staff--notably on defense. But I don't feel those coaching flaws have significantly hampered Fitz's performance. The Bills' offensive coaching staff is the best it's been in a long time. If you look around the league, you'd be hard-pressed to find an offensive coordinator who'd design an offense that was a better fit for Fitz's strengths than the one Gailey has employed.

Gailey has had success at making mediocre QBs look better than they really are. Look at what he's done with guys like Thigpen in KC, Fiedler in Miami, Kordell Stewart in Pittsburgh. Fitzpatrick had spent a number of years as a career backup/stopgap starter before coming to Buffalo. He began as a backup with the Bills, and became a stopgap starter after it became clear Edwards wasn't getting the job done. Not until he started receiving Gailey's coaching did he start looking like more than a stopgap starter. He's returned to Earth over the last few weeks, but I don't see that as Gailey's fault.

Really...come on man..get off the crack pipe ....fitz has a noodle arm no accuracy and no emotions..but hey he is smart....he did figure out how to get a few million for growing a beard. a backup qb at best ..fastest release in the nfl..ppplllleeeaaassseeeeee..come back to earth your judgement is clouded from lack of o2

Ohh a 3 TIME POSTER...learn some reading comprehension noob, Osi said it, not me!

I think I'll take the opinion of the NY Giants 2x all pro player over yours

In case you missed the link http://articles.nyda...cks-chris-canty