Demote Edwards Now!

RyanC883

This defense is PATHETIC. Letting a rookie QB throw almost 300 yards on them and destroy them in the second half is rediculous. This defense can't even put pressure on a rookie QB when the game is on the line?!?!? Time for Wanny to take over and have some creative defensive game planning. Not this high school BS that Edwards runs. Let Edwards coach LB's like he did in Miami. He is way over his head being a DC.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing that Welker is the Patriots number one target, the Bills defensive plan allows him 17 catches and 200 plus yards. The plan in Cincinnati today is to allow a weak arm rookie to throw short crap passes instead of making him beat your team downfield. Last drive it certainly would have been better to make him throw downfield and at least give us a chance to get back on the field. But no, let him kill you slowly with 5 yard passes.

Come on wannestadt, deliver a defensive game plan that helps this team win, or beat it

Knowing that Welker is the Patriots number one target, the Bills defensive plan allows him 17 catches and 200 plus yards. The plan in Cincinnati today is to allow a weak arm rookie to throw short crap passes instead of making him beat your team downfield. Last drive it certainly would have been better to make him throw downfield and at least give us a chance to get back on the field. But no, let him kill you slowly with 5 yard passes.

Come on wannestadt, deliver a defensive game plan that helps this team win, or beat it

Weak arm? He sure did not have a weak arm today?

Nice game for the rookie, and lets not forget the aide of Tuck rule.

Tuck it ...

This defense is PATHETIC. Letting a rookie QB throw almost 300 yards on them and destroy them in the second half is rediculous. This defense can't even put pressure on a rookie QB when the game is on the line?!?!? Time for Wanny to take over and have some creative defensive game planning. Not this high school BS that Edwards runs. Let Edwards coach LB's like he did in Miami. He is way over his head being a DC.

Agreed.

don't think you'll see that at 3-1.

Agreed. :(

Shawne Merriman - did he even play? Oh yea, he got credit for a sack when Dalton ran out of bounds behind the line...

3 tackles for Shawne today - He is NOT getting it done.......

Week 1 - he had 1 tackle

Week 2 - he had 4 tackles

Week 3 - ZERO zip zilch nothing

Week 4 - he had 3 tackles

Barnett had 10 takles TODAY.... Shawne has 8 in 4 games...nice 2 per game average buddy.

Shawne Merriman - did he even play? Oh yea, he got credit for a sack when Dalton ran out of bounds behind the line...

3 tackles for Shawne today - He is NOT getting it done.......

Week 1 - he had 1 tackle

Week 2 - he had 4 tackles

Week 3 - ZERO zip zilch nothing

Week 4 - he had 3 tackles

Barnett had 10 takles TODAY.... Shawne has 8 in 4 games...nice 2 per game average buddy.

They're playing him like a 4-3 defensive end. That's not his strength. He's being misused.

They're playing him like a 4-3 defensive end. That's not his strength. He's being misused.

The guys speed is gone, he can't rush off the edge anymore. They have to find a way for him get pressure on the QB - Does our D-line run any stunts at all? He should start calling himself "light out"...

Edited by Azucho98

The guys speed is gone, he can't rush off the edge anymore. They have to find a way for him get pressure on the QB - Does our D-line run any stunts at all? He should start calling himself "light out"...

He could be the fastest LB in the history of the NFL, if the scheme calls for him to bull-rush the LT the entire game, while being run over trying to set the edge against the run, he's not going to be effective.

Play him over the shoulder of a DE, and take his hand off the ground, and his production will increase.

I would love to see the Bills run some stunts, and some overload and zone blitzes. I understand why they didn't call them the last two weeks. I don't understand what happened today.

I don't understand how the coaching staff can go any futher without giving Battan, Shepperd, and Moats an opportunity to start? Outside of Barnnet, the other three are liabilities against the rush and below average pass rushers at best, there supposed speciality. It appeared to me, ironically on Merriman's first official sack (chasing Dalton out of bounds), he has no speed left, more importantly, it looks like he is running with a limp. The guy was average against the run in his heyday, but could obvious rush the passer, now he is below average in both, time to demote him to the second team. And for a team that has spent so many high draft picks on defensive backs,it is amazing how our best ones are playing for other teams (i.e. Cincinnati and Minnesota). The "playmaker" is a hell of a lot better tackler than the two stiffs we had playing today and he was available for nothing this offseason, you would figure just the type of free agent signing the garbage picking Bills like? Buddy still has a long ways to go fix our college drafting operations as I am not happy with what I am seeing out of last year's class and outside of Darius, not much help from this year's crop. Hopefully the firing of Modrak is a big part of the answer.

Honestly wasn't all that impressed with the offense today, either. Even when the D scored or stopped the BungHoles, the O didn't get it done. Whole team looked flat - stat that sticks out is 4-14 third down efficiency, and being forced to settle for 3 twice

Not 100% positive they made the wrong call on Stevie's catch - so not really buyin' the ref argument either. Looked like just a so-so effort from the whole team, as well as Chanstache & Co.

So the shuttle has landed, we're all back on earth. Time to start another streak...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

Chris Kelsay was dropping into coverage on their last drive. Any defensive scheme or defensive call that allows that to happen should get the DC fired.

McElvin was matched often times one on one with Green. How is that possible? A can see it happening a couple of times a game if we were blitzing alot but we weren't.

A few safety blitzes were called today but they were so obvious and ineffective even against a rookie QB.

Why is Merriman taking on the LT on almost eveyr play. Why is Darreus not rushing from the DE spot with Merriman coming off his shoulder. If they want Darreus rushing from DT spot then why not Arrington at DE and Merriman outside his shoulder?

Why is Kyle Williams completely ineffective this year? With Darreus next to him he should be penetrating on almost every play.

Time for a change...

He could be the fastest LB in the history of the NFL, if the scheme calls for him to bull-rush the LT the entire game, while being run over trying to set the edge against the run, he's not going to be effective.

Play him over the shoulder of a DE, and take his hand off the ground, and his production will increase.

I would love to see the Bills run some stunts, and some overload and zone blitzes. I understand why they didn't call them the last two weeks. I don't understand what happened today.

If you think Merriman "could be" the fastest LB in the history of the league, you never saw a guy called LT play......Not even close.

Edited by Azucho98