Dear NFL ..........................................

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 1 play "decided" the game, and that was the last play of the game.

To say that the officials had no impact on the outcome is moronic, at the very least.

moronic? really? i'll defer to the numbers that mattered:

12 first downs (13 if Johnson's catch is ruled a catch) versus 25.

a season-worst 6 punts (still a season-worst 5 punts if Johnson's catch is ruled a catch)

season-low one TD on offense (still a season-low two if Johnson's catch is ruled a catch and he somehow pops up and runs into the end zone, because the officials missed the fact that he was touched down).

season-low 199 yards passing for Fitzpatrick, still would've been a season-low 202 yards if Johnson's catch was ruled a catch.

no touchdowns passing, season low.

season-low two trips into the red zone.

season-low 4-for-14 in third-down conversations, 5-14 would've matched a season-low if Johnson's catch was ruled a catch.

season-low three drives into opponents' territory. would've still been a season-low if Johnson's catch was ruled a catch.

season-worst 171 yards rushing allowed.

defense allowed 25 first downs to a team that managed 49 in its first three games combined.

458 yards allowed, second-worst total of the season.

allowed five third-down conversions to a team that converted 9 of its previous 38.

allowed seven drives into Bills territory, one fewer than season-high of eight against New England.

Andy Dalton is not Tom Brady.

jw being moronic yet again. :pirate:

a season-worst 6 punts (still a season-worst 5 punts if Johnson's catch is ruled a catch)

season-low one TD on offense (still a season-low two if Johnson's catch is ruled a catch and he somehow pops up and runs into the end zone, because the officials missed the fact that he was touched down).

season-low 199 yards passing for Fitzpatrick, still would've been a season-low 202 yards if Johnson's catch was ruled a catch.

season-low 4-for-14 in third-down conversations, 5-14 would've matched a season-low if Johnson's catch was ruled a catch.

season-low three drives into opponents' territory. would've still been a season-low if Johnson's catch was ruled a catch.

defense allowed 25 first downs to a team that managed 49 in its first three games combined.

allowed five third-down conversions to a team that converted 9 of its previous 38.

allowed seven drives into Bills territory, one fewer than season-high of eight against New England.

Yet, despite all of the bad stats, we were still driving to go up 2 scores....that is, until the "no catch" catch.

no need to read your drivel. I watched the game, and, yes, to say that the officials had NO IMPACT on the outcome of the game is moronic.

While the Bills are paid professionals, so are the referees. I guess that it's too much to expect competence and consistency from the zebras.

no need to read your drivel. I watched the game, and, yes, to say that the officials had NO IMPACT on the outcome of the game is moronic.

While the Bills are paid professionals, so are the referees. I guess that it's too much to expect competence and consistency from the zebras.

some call it drivel, others call it facts. so are you including the Bills in your equation of expecting competence and consistency, too, or is this out-and-out homerism?

jw

If Johnsons catch is ruled a catch, there is no guarantee the Bills would have scored. I can almost guarantee you that 2 minutes would have run off the clock though, and Cincinnati would have never gotten the ball with 1:48 left on the clock and gained the 50+ yards that put them over 400 total for the day.

If Johnsons catch is ruled a catch, there is no guarantee the Bills would have scored. I can almost guarantee you that 2 minutes would have run off the clock though, and Cincinnati would have never gotten the ball with 1:48 left on the clock and gained the 50+ yards that put them over 400 total for the day.

i hear ya.

and yet, they wouldn't have gotten to 458 yards, either, had the Bills managed a stop on the Bengals' final 2 possessions, no? and Buffalo's last drive wasn't all that memorable either, unless it was the official that tripped Fred up on that 2-yard loss and/or incompletion on third-and-5.

jw

Yes, I made the point that the Bills would have likely run more time off the clock with another set of downs. Your point will surely fall on deaf ears, though.

Yes, I made the point that the Bills would have likely run more time off the clock with another set of downs. Your point will surely fall on deaf ears, though.

or they could've had a fumble returned for a touchdown on the very next play. since we're dealing in hypothesis, why must yours be less or more true than mine.

jw

some call it drivel, others call it facts. so are you including the Bills in your equation of expecting competence and consistency, too, or is this out-and-out homerism?

jw

well, in my first post in this thread (which I'm sure that you ignored, in a feeble effort to "prove" your point), I mentioned how awful the Bills' defense was.

the officials botched a call in the NYG/AZ game too. It only led to the GW TD, but I'm sure that that call also had no impact on the outcome of the game. :lol:

ETA: b44

or they could've had a fumble returned for a touchdown on the very next play. since we're dealing in hypothesis, why must yours be less or more true than mine.

jw

sure, that's possible. How many fumbles have the Bills lost this year so far? You have all the stats at hand, apparently, so you should be able to tell me that without delay.

maybe the Bills score a TD on the next play.

Edited by bills44

jw

Why is it so hard for you to admit that this was one horribly officiated game? Do you think that if a few blatant holding penalties were called that the Bengals would have amassed the yardage they gained? Or had Bills receivers not been interfered with we might have gained a few more yards> First downs? Points? I question if you even watched the game.

Actually, those facts do not exclude officials' influence on the game.

Just sayin'...

well, in my first post in this thread (which I'm sure that you ignored, in a feeble effort to "prove" your point), I mentioned how awful the Bills' defense was.

the officials botched a call in the NYG/AZ game too. It only led to the GW TD, but I'm sure that that call also had no impact on the outcome of the game. :lol:

sure, that's possible. How many fumbles have the Bills lost this year so far? You have all the stats at hand, apparently, so you should be able to tell me that without delay.

maybe the Bills score a TD on the next play.

maybe. maybe they don't. funny how hypotheticals work.

jw

John...thanks for bringing some facts to the discussion, but the bottom line is that the success of the first 3 games has some people convinced that their beloved Bills cannot be at fault for this loss, therefore, blame someone/something else.

John...thanks for bringing some facts to the discussion, but the bottom line is that the success of the first 3 games has some people convinced that their beloved Bills cannot be at fault for this loss, therefore, blame someone/something else.

No one here has disputed that the Bills didn't play well on offense and defense. What is being disputed is the fact that the officiating in this game was horrible and that it had an impact on the game.