Jets season on the brink

truth on hold

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been impressed with Sanchez. They are very particular what they have him doing in crunch time situations. I dont know if they are imploding but I know I want them 3rd or 4th in the division for the rest of the year. The Bills have a good chance of winning against the Jets this season.

I have never been impressed with Sanchez. They are very particular what they have him doing in crunch time situations. I dont know if they are imploding but I know I want them 3rd or 4th in the division for the rest of the year. The Bills have a good chance of winning against the Jets this season.

The problem is that in certain games he steps up and throws this insane deep pass and completes it, winning the Jets the game and does it again in the playoffs.

I associate him with Tony Romo, but while Romo finds new ways to lose games, Sanchez loses games the same way- he is incapable of being a methodical quarterback who throws to the best option, and the defense almost always wins IF you can't make them pay by completing the longer throws. That explains why he can get to the AFC Championship Game, but can't win it. The better defenses will force him to throw short, and he just can't do it for long.

The original post did not say their season is over at 2-1, it is saying if things go bad (for them) the next two weeks they could be 2-3 and things looking ugly. I completely agree.

The best part is if both Jests and NE lose this week - one of them will be 2-3 after week 5

Yah. On a board that generally loves to jump to conclusions way too soon, I'm not sure why everyone is giving OP a hard time.

All of it is true. They can't run it. Their OL isn't what it was - although they are getting Mangold back. Sanchez isn't good. Tough schedule upcoming. And Ryan is exactly the kind of coach media/fans will turn on after a few losses. Suddenly the machismo will look like hot air. Also, they had no business winning the Dallas game.

Revealing Sanchez says he will take responsibility for his mistakes in ravens beat down, but implies there were mistakes by others too saying "we all had our share". This is a change of tone where he always put it on himself in the past. I think he's tired of the "beating" as suggs described it ... ouch. Another sign this team is lurching toward the abyss.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=311002033

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I despise BOTH the Jets, and the Dolphruits. When we play these chumps, we can't tail off, like we did today. In all our wins thus far, we've used multiple receivers. Apparently, we only had TWO on the roster today. When Brad Smith was a Jet, he ran rough-shod all over the Bengals. Where was he today? In this league, there's no reward for cowardice. If you don't score, you can't win.

Our season comes down to how we play against the Jets, flat out... will we expose Sanchez again for the virtual Romo clone he is, or will our defense let him off the hook like Andy Dalton?

Time will tell... until then, the Eagles loom. GO BILLS!

They cant run the ball

Their all pro center mangold is hurting

Defenses are keying on Sanchez and he's getting roughed up, sacked 4 times in 2nd half last week and s broken nose

should he go down the backup is 40+ Brunell

They are coming off a loss to Oakland where their vaunted defense was shredded for over 200 on the ground

Next 2 games are at Baltimore and new england.

In 2 weeks they could have a 2 & 3 losing record

Ryan's bravado will look foolish and the ny media will turn on him.

Things could get ugly for this team

Going into the season, I thought the Je(s)ts an 8 and 8 team and never got on the national bandwagon. I think they may be fortunate to get there. Definitie shift in the AFC (this year at least). Gone are the Colts and Jets and in are...the Texans and Chargers and...Raiders...Sorry Bills, I think we are still one year away. Next year however, I think with one good draft and free agency period, we are ready to be a consistent playoff level team...

Our season comes down to how we play against the Jets, flat out... will we expose Sanchez again for the virtual Romo clone he is, or will our defense let him off the hook like Andy Dalton?

Time will tell... until then, the Eagles loom. GO BILLS!

Lol now Holmes is calling out Sanchez

After the game, Holmes said the problem "starts up front with the big guys," adding that Sanchez "has to do a better job of making reads and getting the ball where he needs to, so his playmakers can make plays." He said Sanchez made a late throw on Lardarius Webb's interception, which was returned 73 yards for a touchdown.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7055495

Love it!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack