Bengals prediction thread

Scrappy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals 24 Bills 17...see my "Beware of the Bengals" post for my reasoning. To summarize Top 5 offense (Bills) vs. Top 5 defense (Bengals) somethings got to give.

You're forgetting something...

Q: why are the Bengals a "Top 5" defense?

A: The 3 teams they have played do not have an offense ranked in the top 25 of the league. (26th, 27th, and dead last...respectively).

You're forgetting something...

Q: why are the Bengals a "Top 5" defense?

A: The 3 teams they have played do not have an offense ranked in the top 25 of the league. (26th, 27th, and dead last...respectively).

Yeah this. I made that argument as well early on & Cincy has played terrible offenses versus outplaying brilliant ones. I'll take Bills 45 / Bengals 10, I don't see them being able to do anything against us & their defense has played no one worth mentioning as an offensive juggernaut (Like the Bills).

Edited by Scrappy

Since i have been a little bored i have gone through and looked at their starters in comparison to ours.

QB's: Andy Dalton: rookie, the only win the bengals had he was knocked out of the game just before half time. They came back to win after half time. In the game against the broncos he had 332 yrds. I think Dalton is nowhere near as good as Fitz and i would be suprised if we dont get force him into a few turnovers

RB's: Cedric Benson: This guy really is their offense, he has a lot of yrds on a lot of carries because they dont trust dalton. If we can stop the run, then we force dalton to beat us. He has an appeal still up in the air, so he may not play, but i expect he will. If he doesnt play then Bernard Scott will start for them. Fred Jackson gets less carries but more yrds, so i expect us to win this.

WR's:A.J Green, Jerome Simpson and Andre Calwell: A Rookie and a couple of vets. Green has big play potential, check out the week 1 game, but the other im not worried about. A double team on Green and hes covered. Our recievers have shown they can play if they turn up ready to play they easily win this battle.

TE's: J.Gresham: a young talent, probably should watch him. After what Gronkowski did to us last week, then he will be targeted i think by Dalton. I think him and Chandler are kind of similiar. Gresham 6ft 5 Chandler 6ft 7. But i think Chandler brings more to the table in this battle. But both are good Tight Ends.

O-Line: A.Smith, C.Boling, K.Cook, N.Livings, A.Whitworth: I dont know anything about these guys, would anyone like to fill me in. I know they have let 7 sacks through this season though. I seriously think our defnsive line will kill these guys.

D-Line: R.Geathers, D.Peko, G.Atkins, M.Johnson: This line has been dominate getting to the QB and forcing fumble. Our O-line has to be good to stop these guys. I think this is the one spot they may have an edge on us in this area.

LB's: M.Lawson, R.Maualuga, T.Howard: Again the same as their line dominant, two good solid LB's, i think we draw in this area. If our o-line can stop there d-line then there LB's may not be as dominant

CB's: N.Clements, L.Hall: Lost J.Joseph, this really hurts them there CB's look weak, even with our injuries our CB's look a lot better then theirs.

Safties: C.Croker, R.Nelson: again they look weak here, our improved saftey means this is a dominant win for us.

Special Teams: They have a good kciker and punter, but they have lost shipley and this means they have no explosive return man

And i give us the win 31-10

Bills 27 - Bengals 20

:D

I made my prediction on Tuesday, but wouldn't want to miss my "big chance" :rolleyes: to do it again here.

Plus, Scrappy tells me the weather favors Buffalo's offense...

Buffalo Bills 72

Cincinnati BungHoles - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

post-2970-091544600 1317387921_thumb.jpg