Why does Freddie look so fast??

albany c2

Generally speaking, the peak of a male athlete's abilities comes at around age 29-30. This is almost never true for NFL players because they get beat down so hard through their twenties. Freddy managed to make it to his peak years without getting worn out.

It's called Old Man Strength, and it's for real. As an avid skier, cyclist, and swimmer I can say that the last few years (age 30-34) I have felt stronger, more balanced, and fitter than ever before with no additional effort. And that's on two rebuilt ACLs!

because he isn't getting hit behind the line like in years past...and the man's vision and instincts are out of this world....Lynch ran behind the same line and could never find the hole or subtle creases...Freddie always finds them with subtle body lean and shoulder twists and then finishes runs going forward

Freddie looks exactly the same to me as he has his entire tenure - except now there are PLENTY of holes and with the spread, and lots of little fellas on the field for him to run over/through/around.

The scheme has taken all the beef out of the middle of the field and with Levitre having a Pro Bowl season (how much does that dude look like Alan Faneca right now?), there are gaping holes to run through. The second level is no longer filled with gap stuffing 250 pound LBers - instead there are 205 pound DBs who aren't normally strong in run support.

Freddie has had more huge runs in 3 weeks than we've seen in the last decade. He could have run for 300 yesterday and there wasn't a damn thing the Patriots could do to stop it other than completely change personnel/scheme. That would have been a disaster because they can't cover anything even with their nickle/dime on the field.

The other interesting thing is how little personnel flex we see from the BILLS on early downs. That keeps defenses from changing out, meaning tired DLinemen are having to play more often. That helps the OLine a ton and gives us some serious matchup advantages, which we're obviously exploiting.

The Pats chose their poison and got beat by Fitz' arm (mostly). Their choice wasn't going to matter much because they weren't going to stop us.