bills on jim rome today

Cool, let us know what he has to say.

If he would cut out the nonsense with the callers, the needless soundbites, repeating everything he says eight times, and eliminating the 6-7 second pauses of dead air between saying the same damn thing eight times that show would be about an hour long. That being said, he does a great interview and is never disrespectful to his guests...

If he would cut out the nonsense with the callers, the needless soundbites, repeating everything he says eight times, and eliminating the 6-7 second pauses of dead air between saying the same damn thing eight times that show would be about an hour long. That being said, he does a great interview and is never disrespectful to his guests...

Jim Everett disagrees :flirt:

So glad someone else feels this way. I honestly don't know a single person that likes his show bc of this. The nonstop repetition and dead air annoy me to no end. His tv show is much better imo and he is an excellent interviewer but I still prefer dan patrick and jon ditulio over him.

So glad someone else feels this way. I honestly don't know a single person that likes his show bc of this. The nonstop repetition and dead air annoy me to no end. His tv show is much better imo and he is an excellent interviewer but I still prefer dan patrick and jon ditulio over him.

It's just his thing. When I first heard Rome, i thought it was the worst show i've ever heard. It's definitely grown on me though. He even says you need to give him about 2 weeks before you start to like his show.

here comes all this love from the media everyone was dying to have. now when the first loss comes because of the hype it's all going to go back down the sh*tter!

first PTi, then Cowherd, now Jim Rome

DOOMED i tell ya! DOOMED!

I believe Edwards was interviewed by Jim Rome when he was on a four game winning streak to start the 2008 season. The bills were becoming media darlings then too. The next game was Arizona, which started a four game losing streak and Edward's post-concussion play.

Let's hope the new uniforms shield them from the Jim Rome curse...

I believe Edwards was interviewed by Jim Rome when he was on a four game winning streak to start the 2008 season. The bills were becoming media darlings then too. The next game was Arizona, which started a four game losing streak and Edward's post-concussion play.

I don't ever recall Trent throwing 7TDs in two games, running the spread effectively, or any game winning drives with 3 minutes left. Not saying Fitz couldn't fall off, but it just seems he's a much more confident player than Trent.

Edit: Correction, he is a much more confident player than Trent.

Edited by opfball91

well, the bills beat the chargers the week after the arizona loss. the losing streak came later.

You had to do it! Just had to say it! That's like calling a shutout in Hockey! Somethings should not be said and this was one of them. Now we have someone to blame. Thanks a lot.......

The Bills did not have a 4 game losing streak after Arizona tha year. they came back to BFLO in the next game and defeated a very good Chargers team. It was after they extended Jauron (Secretly) that the team fell apart....

Edited by BuffaloWest

The Bills did not have a 4 game losing streak after Arizona tha year. they came back to BFLO in the next game and defeated a very good Chargers team. It was after they extended Jauron (Secretly) that the team fell apart....

I never understood what that was all aboot? Why extend your coach and keep ir a secret?

Nutty.

:unsure:

Stevie was awesome. Gave love to B-lo, said it's where he wants to be for his entire career. Was measured in his responses about the hot start and their chances against NE. Free style rapped.

As for rome, he is an acquired taste. I don't love him, but I like him. And he has been giving Buffalo love forever, had a Bill or 2 on in preseason and will have Stevie as a corespondent for his TV show. The tv show was set up before the season so...he is not a johnny come lately.

Rome is just doing his job but he was digging for a little controversy, first asking about the Eric Berry hit and then abut Stevie's contract. Good answers to both, SJ did not take the bait. But I wish one time when a national media guy does the "WTF, you're in BUFFALO??" question, our guys would just say "Yeah, Buffalo! Nothing wrong with this city...great city to live in...you guys who talk schitt never been here so STFU!"

PTR

I feel the EXACT same way.

The same thing happened when Merriman was on Glazer's show that was linked on BB.com last week.

If these guys showed the same kind of love to the community that some former Bills and many Sabres/former Sabres have, the people in Buffalo would return the feeling multiple times.

Rome is just doing his job but he was digging for a little controversy, first asking about the Eric Berry hit and then abut Stevie's contract. Good answers to both, SJ did not take the bait. But I wish one time when a national media guy does the "WTF, you're in BUFFALO??" question, our guys would just say "Yeah, Buffalo! Nothing wrong with this city...great city to live in...you guys who talk schitt never been here so STFU!"

PTR

well, the bills beat the chargers the week after the arizona loss. the losing streak came later.

My mistake. We were spectacular for one game after and -THEN- we sucked until two weekends ago. But, damn it felt good to watch that game. Bills were on the Red Zone for probably a third of the time. Still feels good.

I don't ever recall Trent throwing 7TDs in two games, running the spread effectively, or any game winning drives with 3 minutes left. Not saying Fitz couldn't fall off, but it just seems he's a much more confident player than Trent.

Edit: Correction, he is a much more confident player than Trent.

Trust me, I'm not comparing the two quarterbacks. I am comparing the results after the media hype in '08. I don't think we'll see the same results this year, but I allowed myself to believe in the hype and was woefully dissapointed. Trying not to read too much into the media for now. Just hoping we keep playing some great football!!