The 12th man

billsfan76

Wasn't the crowd just amazing yesterday? Loved not seeing empty sections in the upperdeck. Loved that it seemed like everyone was standing the whole time. It was just fantastic to hear the LOUD reactions to the big plays of the second half.. Fred's TD, McFaddens fumble and recovery, Stevie's TD, Scott's TD, And Finally David's TD. The last one was so awesome as it reminded me of the sounds of a playoff game. Just a unison reaction of pure elation from 69,000. Loved it!!

Wasn't the crowd just amazing yesterday? Loved not seeing empty sections in the upperdeck. Loved that it seemed like everyone was standing the whole time. It was just fantastic to hear the LOUD reactions to the big plays of the second half.. Fred's TD, McFaddens fumble and recovery, Stevie's TD, Scott's TD, And Finally David's TD. The last one was so awesome as it reminded me of the sounds of a playoff game. Just a unison reaction of pure elation from 69,000. Loved it!!

i do love hearing about that! as a former resident and season ticket holder, i cant read enough about how the 12th man helps the team. it makes my blood boil when i think of giving up that one game a year to toronto.

There were still a lot of empty seats though. Do the 200 level club folks just watch the monitors at the bars indoors? I couldn't imaging paying the money for those seats and then sitting indoors.

It was so beautiful yesterday afternoon... and the weather was nice too.

i have not felt the stadium that pumped since the glory days. the crowd was hungry for football. new unis, new field, unbelievable game...where else would you rather be...(i think i owe marv a nickel for that).

There were still a lot of empty seats though. Do the 200 level club folks just watch the monitors at the bars indoors? I couldn't imaging paying the money for those seats and then sitting indoors.

I got pretty burned yesterday actually. I can't blame them for being inside. Plus, ive been in there, its pretty awesome inside

We noticed that too, kind of pissed us off.

We noticed that too, kind of disappointed us.

The row my seats are in went from every seat used previous seasons, to 8 empty seats to my right, 4 empty to my left, out of 18 total seats. I don't know if they did not renew or moved their seats, but there were no where near the number of people normally in my section for the home opener.

I sat in the 200 level (JK club) and I can tell you, YES there are a lot of people lounging inside.

I ran inside for a well-timed potty break (I think it was during an injury timeout right up against a quarter ending) and COULD NOT BELIEVE how many people were sitting around tables, ACTING TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS to the fact that their first-place home team was playing outside just a few feet away. I could see if it was martini-sipping blue blood old women, but it wasn't. There were many prototypical male "sports fan" types sitting around.

Needless to say, as I sprinted by them trying to get back to my seat ASAP, (abandoning all dignity in the process), I could barely contain my contempt for these people.

I don't get why sitting around a table staring at TV screens (something you can do at home) is better than watching live NFL football- maybe a poster who does this can explain it to me. Of course, I only get to 2 games a year so every down "live" is precious to me!

I'm in the Van Miller Club and it looked to me like we were about 95% full, the Paul Maguire Club about 90% and the Kelly Club about 40% maybe. It was really strange especially considering it's on the sunny side of the field. I think I read they lost over 10K in seasons but I dont get the situation in the Kelly Club Sunday. The game was a sellout so those are paid tickets. Who the hell would buy or receive a ticket to the home opener and then not go on such a beautiful day? :cry: