Message to George Edwards

Dragonborn10

Totally agree pressure should be up the middle. Dareus and Williams should be followed by Wilson, Scott or Merriman up the gut. Overload the 2 and 3 gaps. Stunt Kelsay up the gut with Edwards playing contain. Zero blitz Byrd... Rough him up...

And those that say just keep their offense off the field with our offense. Again that is old school. They can score in bunches and quickly. That will take the crowd out of it. Need turnovers and quick strikes from our offense.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

The best way to beat Brady is to get pressure with just four (not the three the Chargers are doing at the moment), and take away the middle. He is still going to put up some points, so make sure you score and run Freddie to keep him off the field as much as possible.

It is fun going in to the game as a 2-0 team with an excited home crowd. You never know in the NFL, and Brady can have an off day and we can end our losing streak to them, but it will be different. I wouldn't mind seeing some minor injuries against the Chargers and have them banged up, but I never wish a serious injury on anybody, including Marsha.

The best way to beat Brady is to get pressure with just four (not the three the Chargers are doing at the moment), and take away the middle. He is still going to put up some points, so make sure you score and run Freddie to keep him off the field as much as possible.

It is fun going in to the game as a 2-0 team with an excited home crowd. You never know in the NFL, and Brady can have an off day and we can end our losing streak to them, but it will be different. I wouldn't mind seeing some minor injuries against the Chargers and have them banged up, but I never wish a serious injury on anybody, including Marsha.

Why not think ouit of the box How did we beat the Raiders??? out scored them?? Hmmmmm.....

Run The Ball keep Brady parked on the bench That might work for a half or so I am pretty sure we can run on them.....

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of blitzing Brady excessively.

Aside from being a great decision maker and experienced vet, he usually gets the ball out so quick that blitzing him accomplshes little but weakinging your zones

I've seen enough of the Bills dropping guys back into coverage against Brady. And based on the performance today, I can't say I'm a big fan of rushing 3 or 4 and letting him sit back there all day. Bring as many as you need to hurry him, hit him (legally) and try to shake him up a bit. Sure you're vulnerable to the big play, but what does it matter if your alternative is a 14-play TD drive?

He is not unbeatable.. My hope is that guys like merriman, Burnett, Darius won't be fazed by the fact the Bills can't beat them. I hope nobody tells them that we arent suppose to win this game..

And Score early and often.. Pray your D will force a couple of punts

Edited by billsfaninvgs

Blitz Brady mercillesly...If Jason Campbell and this bunch of castoff WR's can carve up your secondary, Brady may throw for 500 yards by the end of the third quarter. The only way to stop him on defense is a pass rush. Send everyone... Send odd man overload blitz packages. Hold and tackle their TE's at the ling of scrimmage - yes that is cheating. Don't let Kelsay ever drop into coverage.

And if at all possible have Aaron Schobel wear Arrington's jersey...

Brady kills all out Blitzes we need to be smart with it and calculating but we definitely need to get more pressure than we have been.

Rubes,

How to Handle Brady, The Blueprint

Jets at Pats, 2010 playoffs

1) pressure

2) take away the stuff across the middle

Unfortunately I don't think our 2ndary or LB are up to the job the Jets did so we have to figure something else out. What that might be I can't tell ya

RUN ,RUN, RUN !!!

Send Kelsay on a suicide mission. We've gotta be paying him for something.

he looked good today.

If you can put heat on Brady, he turns into a kitten. It's not easy to do, but it's our only chance. If we give him time to throw like we did Campbell today, he'll kill us.

We need to get a 3 or 4 stops and then go balls out on offense and out score 'em from there. I think this team can do it. I don't think the Patsies defense is that good anymore. And our offense lit up a pretty darn good defense today.

Best plan I've seen so far. The "injure him" stuff results in an injured Fitz, too.

If that happened, Fitz would just part the clouds with his mind and heal himself before the next play. So the Pats know that won't work!

If you can put heat on Brady, he turns into a kitten. It's not easy to do, but it's our only chance. If we give him time to throw like we did Campbell today, he'll kill us.

We need to get a 3 or 4 stops and then go balls out on offense and out score 'em from there. I think this team can do it. I don't think the Patsies defense is that good anymore. And our offense lit up a pretty darn good defense today.

You have to get consistant pressure on Brady with your front four rushers and drop 6. It has been the only way Brady has been beat. If you rush 1 and drop 10 he finds a way to carve you up. If you rush 10 and drop 1 (not literal for all of the haters out there) he finds a way to carve you up...Should be a great test next week. I think it will be a very good game.

Our biggest problem is going to be Hernandez and Gronkowski. When's the last time we've successfully stopped 1 great TE, let alone 2? Both KC's & Oakland's backup TEs had good chances on us. And neither of them are nearly as talented or athletic as these two.

If I was the Pats*, I'd run 12 and 02 personnel all game. I can't see us being able to stop their tight ends. Does anyone really trust our LBs or Safeties to be able to cover those guys? Barnett maybe able to keep up sometimes, but I can't see our other guys being able to run with them.

I just can't see this Bills team being well enough at covering to stop a shotgun, 3 wr, 2 te set with welker, gronkowski, and hernandez inside, and ocho/branch stretching us down the field. IMO, Pats* win that one all day.

Sadly I think its ugly given the potential matchup problems.

New England is better then us. So first we need to lower the amount of possessions per team. With each increased possession variation becomes smaller and smaller. We wan't variance, randomness, whatever you wan't to call it.

Offensively that means possessing the ball as long as possible. They will dial in on the run expecting this. We need to have a full arsenal of 4-6 yard passes to mix in with the run. Sort of play New England offensive football right back at them with more emphasis on the run. Don't abandon the big play completely. But take your shots in big ways. I don't wan't to see a ton of 15-20 yard passes in the air which have high INT's/short field turn around potential. I wan't to see 5-6 yard run passes and 40+ yard passes. If you get picked off turn it into a punt interception. We can't have turnovers, we might be able to survive one, but no short field turnovers.

I would have a few new wrinkles to the Wild Bill package. Sprinkle in a ST's surprise. Either Fake punt or trick onside kick. Go for it on 4th down more then normal. Outside your own 40, less then 3 I'm going. Place a special emphasis on 4th down situations of 0-5 yards this week. Come out heavily prepared vs New England's 4th down/short yardage packages.

On defense concede the run and the deep ball, not drastically, but force NE to execute outside of the short passing game and TE's. That is what they feel most comfortable in and it's all about forcing them out of that comfort zone. I double the TE. I tell my corners to sit on short routes. Focus most my pressure over the Center and Guards.

Brady seems to only get rattled from interior pressure.

Take my shots on Brady as far as drawing personal fouls. Minimize the damage, for example 2nd and 2 on the 20, no reckless or careless shots in regards to down and distance. Play smart. The goal is to win the game, it's professional football, I don't want to injure him, but if hitting him and taking 15 yards a few times takes him from 400 yards passing to 250, we have to do anything possible to hit him. In my experience watching him he only fails when he's pressured. After losing a gazillion straight we have to hit him at all costs.

Don't let him have the ball last.

Edited by KzooMike

It's really a risk vs reward calculation. If we can rattle him early it might be the difference.

Maybe we should let Merriman do an impression of Cornelius Bennett's first few years with the Bills. Line him up all over the place and tell him to go get you 5 sacks.

My other thought revolved around whether or not Troupe is healthy. If he is I wouldn't hesistate to go with a Dareus, Troupe, Williams line and used Edwards, Heard, Johnson for relief.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

It's really a risk vs reward calculation. If we can rattle him early it might be the difference.

Maybe we should let Merriman do an impression of Cornelius Bennett's first few years with the Bills. Line him up all over the place and tell him to go get you 5 sacks.

My other thought revolved around whether or not Troupe is healthy. If he is I wouldn't hesistate to go with a Dareus, Troupe, Williams line and used Edwards, Heard, Johnson for relief.

Based on preseason play I'd give Heard snaps over Troup.