Buffalo Rumblings D Article

Chilly

one thing that this makes a note of a little bit is that dareus does almost nothing at the de position in anything resembling a 4-3. i noticed in pre season that whenever we lined 4 down linemen up dareus was almost always the de. i dont know how, but he to me he was exponentially less effective as a 4-3 de as he was in the 3-4. i noticed he was almost never a 4-3 end against kc, he was always lining up next williams inside. just something i picked up on, possibly a bit of trickery for preseason, or seeing how he faired ont eh outside unsure, but this article notes he is no longer lining up outside.

Can this defense confuse Tom Brady and Patriots staff?

Not a chance, sorry to say. There is nothing Brady hasn't seen in terms of reading a defense. We aren't going to confuse him. That said, if we can get pressure up the middle and at least hurry him, schematics won't matter.

If we had great man to man CBs like the Jets then yes, I think we could do some things schematically. But I don't think we have the CBs to leave alone out there.

I'll settle for just making him a little uncomfortable in the pocket.

GO BILLS!!!

If we had great man to man CBs like the Jets then yes, I think we could do some things schematically. But I don't think we have the CBs to leave alone out there.

Boy, you're not kidding. McLovin' is a disaster waiting to happen. He's still super aggressive and susceptible to double moves while occasionally showing extremely poor technique/route anticipation. He's got tremendous recovery but against the Patriots that's not a recipe for success.

Boy, you're not kidding. McLovin' is a disaster waiting to happen. He's still super aggressive and susceptible to double moves while occasionally showing extremely poor technique/route anticipation. He's got tremendous recovery but against the Patriots that's not a recipe for success.

Yep.

Playing the Patriots reminds me of playing the Dolphins back in the mid 80s. You pretty much conceded a 300 yard game to Marino but you made him earn every yard, gave up no big plays, and made sure NOBODY else beat you.

We're not going to stop Brady. But we can make sure they don't run the ball and make Brady take it in little chunks all the while trying to rattle his cage a bit by hurrying him.

I like our chances against their defense, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep.

Playing the Patriots reminds me of playing the Dolphins back in the mid 80s. You pretty much conceded a 300 yard game to Marino but you made him earn every yard, gave up no big plays, and made sure NOBODY else beat you.

We're not going to stop Brady. But we can make sure they don't run the ball and make Brady take it in little chunks all the while trying to rattle his cage a bit by hurrying him.

I like our chances against their defense, though.

GO BILLS!!!

So... the cover-2? ;)

So... the cover-2? ;)

All depends on their personnel packages and formations. Based on what I saw Monday night, I don't see us playing a lot of cover-2. Our safeties are going to have to be more involved than that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan Scott replacing Davis when they go to their two TE sets. That offense gives you a TON to think about. I'm anxious to see if Aaron Williams can flash his slot coverage skills. If we can single Welker we'll be able to slide coverages. We're going to have to mix it up, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

All depends on their personnel packages and formations. Based on what I saw Monday night, I don't see us playing a lot of cover-2. Our safeties are going to have to be more involved than that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan Scott replacing Davis when they go to their two TE sets. That offense gives you a TON to think about. I'm anxious to see if Aaron Williams can flash his slot coverage skills. If we can single Welker we'll be able to slide coverages. We're going to have to mix it up, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

Which is what makes me most weary of the no huddle. I think we have been building a D to stop them, and the fast part of Bigger Stronger Faster, is going to be very important the next 2 weeks IMO

Apparently it's not a recipe for success against the Raiders, either. Ick.