Barnett vs Merriman

I really like our d this year.

Our front is very decent. Dwan Edwards, Kyle, Dareus, Spencer Johnson, etc

Even our lb core is not too shabby

Kelsay, Barnett, Merriman

Im in love with the way Barnett plays. He's fast. Always around the end of the play. Very solid tackling.

I like Merriman. He's 1 of our pass rushing lbs. But at the end of the year, I think Barnett will have a bigger impact. Plus, Im not sure Merriman will go the whole season.

What do you guys think?

i think barnett will have more of and impact just becauase he is a middle and the middle is the guy who is supposed to have the most tackles because the ends and olbs turn the play into him. i also love the bills d i have them in all of my fantassy leagues

i think barnett will have more of and impact just becauase he is a middle and the middle is the guy who is supposed to have the most tackles because the ends and olbs turn the play into him. i also love the bills d i have them in all of my fantassy leagues

i was implying more than that.

sacks, tackles behind the line, ints, forced fumbles, missed tackles, ankle tackles, batted balls, assists, etc.

If he stays healthy, Merriman will have a larger impact on the defense. He plays the run and rushes the passer with equal ability. And he's pretty decent in coverage as well. He's just an elite player and has been his entire career. When healthy.

While I like Barnett and think he's an upgrade at the position, he's just not in the same class as Merriman as a player. Teams will have to scheme for Merriman. I think we saw some of this against KC. I'm convinced Merriman was asked to stay at home and maintain containment vs. getting up field. The fact the Chiefs didn't run right at him, especially after his injury, says a lot. When Carrington spelled Merriman they wasted no time in running to that side. So just in one game I saw Merriman having a bigger impact even though his stat line didn't suggest it.

GO BILLS!!!

If he stays healthy, Merriman will have a larger impact on the defense. He plays the run and rushes the passer with equal ability. And he's pretty decent in coverage as well. He's just an elite player and has been his entire career. When healthy.

While I like Barnett and think he's an upgrade at the position, he's just not in the same class as Merriman as a player. Teams will have to scheme for Merriman. I think we saw some of this against KC. I'm convinced Merriman was asked to stay at home and maintain containment vs. getting up field. The fact the Chiefs didn't run right at him, especially after his injury, says a lot. When Carrington spelled Merriman they wasted no time in running to that side. So just in one game I saw Merriman having a bigger impact even though his stat line didn't suggest it.

GO BILLS!!!

Really? Then that's a big plus. I understand what you're saying. I had barnett over shawne this game. At a worse case, they both had a big hand in the blow out then.

Thanks K-9

by volume, barnett

by impact, merriman

Well put Big Cat.

Merriman will have a big impact just because everyone knows what he's capable of. Teams game plan for a guy like Merriman( Blocking schemes to put 2 blockers on a pass play, instead of one, etc). Or running to Kelsay's side instead.

Edited by STLBILLS15

GO BILLS!!!

Sort of like the Lee Evans story. How to Impact your team without being an impact. :flirt:

GO BILLS!!!

Watching the Shortcuts version of the game a couple times now - I can tell you Merriman was double-teamed very often on passing downs.

That plus the fact that the Bills were thinking run contain most of the game and almost never blitzed, meant it wasn't a day to expect a bunch of sacks from Merriman.

I was impressed by the ferocity of Barnett's hits. After the second one I was thinking - "what did we ever see in Poz again??". Congrats Jaguars.

Im in love with the way Barnett plays. He's fast. Always around the end of the play. Very solid tackling.

I like Merriman. He's 1 of our pass rushing lbs. But at the end of the year, I think Barnett will have a bigger impact. Plus, Im not sure Merriman will go the whole season.

What do you guys think?

I'll say Barnett, he was all over the field last week. The only time I heard Merriman's name was when he hurt his shoulder. I would love to see a flash of the old "Lights Out" Merriman though.

What do you guys think?

Does anyone miss Poz? lol

Watching the Shortcuts version of the game a couple times now - I can tell you Merriman was double-teamed very often on passing downs.

That plus the fact that the Bills were thinking run contain most of the game and almost never blitzed, meant it wasn't a day to expect a bunch of sacks from Merriman.

I was impressed by the ferocity of Barnett's hits. After the second one I was thinking - "what did we ever see in Poz again??". Congrats Jaguars.

I agree. It was obvious that the Chiefs were accounting for Merriman. I haven't seen any replays so I appreciate your feedback on what you saw as well. I'm still baffled by why the Chiefs didn't run at him more, especially after he was injured. Perhaps they've learned a thing or two from playing him twice a year?

GO BILLS!!!

poz tackled. good thing. but that's it.

Barnett is going to have the largest impact and it's not even up for debate. He basically coached all of the younger guys after every series in Kansas City. Took the overhead shots and explained what was there and what the responsibilities were.

His on field impact only tells a small part of the story. He's one of the major leaders on this team and probably the most important off season acquisition.