This 1st win reminds me...

youngjebrey

This first win reminds me of the 2003 season when the Bills opened up to the Patriots at home. It shared A LOT of characteristics which scares the living S*** out of me and im not trying to be a downer but here goes.... (feel free to disprove me in anyway)..... Well we all know the 2003 opener was the last time we beat the patriots, and boy was it a ROMP. 31-0. It was almost identical to the Chiefs game. Bledsoe looked great, all the receivers were involved, and the defense roughed up Brady and the gang real good (See Sam Adams). Heres the even crazier part; that was the first game where there NEW UNIFORMS were introduced, much like the new uniforms of this season.... we all thought the Bills were destined for greatness, much like we think now, and they ended up finishing 8-8 and seemed to unravel after the first couple games. :wallbash: Now im not saying thats bound to happen this year but its just really freaky all the similarities these two buffalo bills teams share.. I hope this is just nothing and im overlooking things because I love my bills as much as you and I really think this is the year things turn around but all this was on my mind and i need to "vent" if you will. Comments?

Edited by youngjebrey

This first win reminds me of the 2003 season when the Bills opened up to the Patriots at home. It shared A LOT of characteristics which scares the living S*** out of me and im not trying to be a downer but here goes.... (feel free to disprove me in anyway)..... Well we all know the 2003 opener was the last time we beat the patriots, and boy was it a ROMP. 31-0. It was almost identical to the Chiefs game. Bledsoe looked great, all the receivers were involved, and the defense roughed up Brady and the gang real good (See Sam Adams). Heres the even crazier part; that was the first game where there NEW UNIFORMS were introduced, much like the new uniforms of this season.... we all thought the Bills were destined for greatness, much like we think now, and they ended up finishing 8-8 and seemed to unravel after the first couple games. :wallbash: Now im not saying thats bound to happen this year but its just really freaky all the similarities these two buffalo bills teams share.. I hope this is just nothing and im overlooking things because I love my bills as much as you and I really think this is the year things turn around but all this was on my mind and i need to "vent" if you will. Comments?

Coincidences all. Aside from Brian Moorman and Rian Lindell, 2003 has nothing to do with this year.

difference being, that was a team trending downward, signing aging vets, and going for glory all at once... and 8-8 was considered a failure.

this team is building from the ground up... from below the ground up, if thats possible. 8-8 would be a success story, and we look improved from last season.

Uniforms aside, Sundays game had a totally different feel for me than the opener in '03. That game had a much more emotional presence with the Milloy signing and Spikes' overall demeanor. The Bills' win in KC had a more systematical exploitation of the Chiefs weaknesses and really showcased the talent and coaching capability that we have now.

no, it does not remind me of 03 at all. That team was not rebuilding the right way, they were trying to win now with no regard for the future, and it showed. Additionally the Pats locker room was reeling from the surprise loss of a team leader that happened to come over to the Bills just in time to help the offensive coaches game plan for the defense that he knew inside and out. Oh, we also had Bledsoe in his second year with us.

Coaching is another huge difference. Gaily and his staff are so much better than Grego. Who was the OC then? And dont give me the crap about George Edwards. Stache is all i have to say.

Stop looking for things to worry about. If the Bills Play as hard and half as well as they did last week, we should beat the Raiders. This is all that matters right now.

In case you haven't guessed yet, there's been a lot of drug traffic on the beach. And I'm not talking about Robitussin and No-Doze. I'm talking about the hard stuff, and a lot of it. I've been trying to find out who's behind it. It hasn't been easy. I don't shower much.

so youre saying we will be good? 8-8 after 4-12 is pretty solid. we actually double our win percentage. so....2012....16-0.

i like where your head is at

That's what she said?

But yeah two different teams two different scenarios. After last year 8-8 would be an improvementand a good sign.

Uniforms were changed the year before, when Bledsoe showed up. The team didn't go 8-8 in '03, they went 6-10.

Those things aside, this Bills team is growing, and showed flashes of how talented they are/will be. That Bills team was just riding old talent and trying to sustain a lost legacy. If anything, the only similarity is that we thought we had offense set in '02 and only needed a defense, so coming into '03 after upgrading the defense seemed like we were going to be competitive. We had a competent offense last year and took care of the defense in the off-season, but I don't think any part of the team is declining like the offense did in '03.

Nothing like it. Veteran team in 2003, very young team now.

Home win in 2003, road win now.

Uniform statement is incorrect and not relevant.

Many fans do not believe we are destined for greatness this season, just solid improvement.

Edited by Bob in STL