Every damn video, every single one

So I just watched a couple of the videos over at Buffalobills.com and every video I've watched since the preseason started shows the same freakin thing. Paul Pozluzny running frantically, desperately to catch someone he should have been in position to stop. Poz might be a great guy but all this little clips and previews have made me realize just how bad he was in pass protection and how often he gets swallowed up by blockers.

Improving on that single massive weak spot should have a dramatic impact for us this offseason.

I noticed the same thing when I watched replays of last years games recently. I would add Donte this topic. Both were always in the neighborhood but rarely knocked on the door when it came to making plays. How we play against the run tomorrow will be a big indicator to how this season will go. If we can contain the run we have a chance to play with anyone, even "the team that will not be named".

So I just watched a couple of the videos over at Buffalobills.com and every video I've watched since the preseason started shows the same freakin thing. Paul Pozluzny running frantically, desperately to catch someone he should have been in position to stop. Poz might be a great guy but all this little clips and previews have made me realize just how bad he was in pass protection and how often he gets swallowed up by blockers.

Improving on that single massive weak spot should have a dramatic impact for us this offseason.

Yep. And when you watch games involving similar players (white MLBs) such as Laurinaitis, Hawk, or Ruud, they are much better than Poz covering in space.

Funny thing is Poz' 40 times from the combine were pretty good (mid 4.6s)… but stopwatch speed and football speed are not the same thing.

Yep. And when you watch games involving similar players (white MLBs) such as Laurinaitis, Hawk, or Ruud, they are much better than Poz covering in space.

Funny thing is Poz' 40 times from the combine were pretty good (mid 4.6s)… but stopwatch speed and football speed are not the same thing.

(white MLBs) . . . What?

Really, I see no need to go there, it really has nothing to do with there ability to play middle linebacker

That's funny - I was watching the KC preview one and was thinking the exact same thing - the back of his jersey is visible in almost every positive KC highlight, grabbing at air or running after RBs who have passed him on their way down the field.

There have been multiple comments from players (most recently KW) that all teams had to do last year was run slash plays to get the defense moving in one direction and cut back against the grain - the whole league knew it but based on lack of talent, intelligence, whatever - it was like the Bills personnel was powerless to stop it. The thing I'm looking forward to this year is 500lbs of Bills LB hitting the holes and stopping those plays dead in their tracks.

Poz also has the distinct pleasure to get to play for Jack Del Rio.

There was an interesting quote from former Jag DE Hugh Douglas in this mornings newspaper, "if there was ever a coach who needs to be punched in the face for not being truthful to his players, it's Jack Del Rio."