Police attempt to murder man, no charges filed against them

Fingon

The guy's estate will sue the cops for excessive force. But I actually think the cops will win. A vehicle is a deadly weapon. It was probably reasonable for them to use deadly force if they thought he was going to present a risk of harm to themselves or others.

Still pretty messed up...

Except the only reason the vehicle was moving was because the cops were pushing it. The officer pushing his car had a personal vendetta against the suspect, and it is clear what she was doing. She is clearly shown lying about the incident before the video came out.

How the hell aren't these officers fired and charged with attempted murder and unlawful discharge of a firearm?

Because such charges would be asinine, that's why. Where is the intent for 'attempted murder'? If they were attempting to murder him, why did they stop shooting? Why didn't they shoot him in the head from 3 feet away?

Because such charges would be asinine, that's why. Where is the intent for 'attempted murder'? If they were attempting to murder him, why did they stop shooting? Why didn't they shoot him in the head from 3 feet away?

Because they were trying to cover it up as if he was trying to kill them with his vehicle. Let's see, they push his car forward, claim he is trying to kill him, and shoot him twice... does that seem right to you? The only reason he was shot was because of the officer behind him ramming his van into the rest of the vehicles. The only reason this guy isn't facing life in jail is because there is a video that shows the complete opposite of what the police said happened.

It was obviously the officer driving the pick up's intent to have the man shot. She was investigating him for crimes against he husband, and then lied saying that it was him that drove forward.

Edited by Fingon

Because they were trying to cover it up as if he was trying to kill them with his vehicle. Let's see, they push his car forward, claim he is trying to kill him, and shoot him twice... does that seem right to you?

All KD said was that it's not attempted murder. Doesn't preclude aggravated assault or criminally negligent stupidity.

All KD said was that it's not attempted murder. Doesn't preclude aggravated assault or criminally negligent stupidity.

It's clearly attempted murder. What did the cop ramming him think was going to happen? She has a clear motive against the "suspect", and clearly lied about what happened. She knew that the man was going to be shot.

Because they were trying to cover it up as if he was trying to kill them with his vehicle. Let's see, they push his car forward, claim he is trying to kill him, and shoot him twice... does that seem right to you? The only reason he was shot was because of the officer behind him ramming his van into the rest of the vehicles. The only reason this guy isn't facing life in jail is because there is a video that shows the complete opposite of what the police said happened.

No it doesn't seem right to me at all. And neither does charging someone with attempted murder when they clearly did not attempt to murder anyone.

Attempt to cover up the female cop's shady involvement with the suspect and resulting misconduct during an arrest? Sure. But that's probably already in the works so let's just see how the investigation plays out before we get too hysterical.

p.s. I loved the Caledonia ad before the video --- one of the best courses in Myrtle Beach.

No it doesn't seem right to me at all. And neither does charging someone with attempted murder when they clearly did not attempt to murder anyone.

Attempt to cover up the female cop's shady involvement with the suspect and resulting misconduct during an arrest? Sure. But that's probably already in the works so let's just see how the investigation plays out before we get too hysterical.

p.s. I loved the Caledonia ad before the video --- one of the best courses in Myrtle Beach.

It's pretty clear that the female cop intended the suspect to at least be shot. Why else would she send his van into troopers advancing on the car on foot? The only reason he was shot was because the van was moving at the officers. Combined with the fact that the officer had personal issues with the suspect, it's plain as day that she at least desired to see him shot.

Not to mention the DA said opted not to pursue charges against the officer, and the victim is still being charged with trying to run from the police, I really don't see any justice coming from this.

Edited by Fingon

It's pretty clear that the female cop intended the suspect to at least be shot. Why else would she send his van into troopers advancing on the car on foot? The only reason he was shot was because the van was moving at the officers. Combined with the fact that the officer had personal issues with the suspect, it's plain as day that she at least desired to see him shot.

Not to mention the DA said opted not to pursue charges against the officer, and the victim is still being charged with trying to run from the police, I really don't see any justice coming from this.

Well he did accelerate and try to run from the police after being pushed. Maybe if he didn't steal credit cards for a living he wouldn't have cops following him. Did you ever think of that?

It sure doesn't seem like he was trying to kill anybody, and the cops did not exactly handle themselves well, but for you to call this attempted murder shows a clear bias against cops. Give me a break.

I think the female officer who pushed the vehicle into the other vehicles should be brought up

on both criminal and departmental charges.

As for the officers who shot the suspect.....no......They are exiting the vehicles and suddenly

there is a van flying at them striking their vehicle and nearly them.....In the split second

confusion and the angle they have they probably had no idea that the vehicle was being pushed

by the other officers car.........all they see is a van flying at them.

What the hell was she thinking ?? she endangered the lives of her fellow officers with her

stupid actions.

Its much like a situation where there are a group of officers engaging a suspect and suddenly

one of the officers starts firing either panicking or thinking the suspect is armed or is about to

fire on them.....the other officers in the heat of the moment are goin to start firing also.

The same happens on the battlefield also............all it takes is one weak link to destroy what

otherwise may have been a good chain

Well he did accelerate and try to run from the police after being pushed. Maybe if he didn't steal credit cards for a living he wouldn't have cops following him. Did you ever think of that?

It sure doesn't seem like he was trying to kill anybody, and the cops did not exactly handle themselves well, but for you to call this attempted murder shows a clear bias against cops. Give me a break.

^this

Who says crayonz doesn't have a brain?

I'm guessing by the date stamp, but it does look like it's pretty early in the process for this one. The woman driving the pickup is probably going to pay for this one. The rest will be fine.