The real reason why the Bills are under the cap

Jerry Jabber

No it's not. Building through the draft is what teams that win consistently do. The Bills of the 90's were built through the draft. An organization cannot constantly sign FA's and expect to win consistently because most times those FA's don't pan out. What makes Buffalo an unattractive destination is losing. If they were winning they would get FA's willing to go there. Most teams are trying to build through the draft it's not just a Buddy Nix philosophy.

If they had an owner like Terry Pegula they would attract free agents.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had an owner like Terry Pegula they would attract free agents.

I agree - I don't think you have to have a huge city with a lot of cultural attractions. You just need a solid organization where players think they will be rewarded and not waste their short careers.

I'm not one of the negative nancies, however I don't think they are saving THAT much cap space just to resign players. That's way more than needed.

What I don't understand is why the Bills don't seem to use all resources available to address the offensive line on this team. Stupid.

The problem is that there is really no one out there that can come in and be a starter. Both Gaither and McKinney have big question marks over them. Please tell me which other OT you have in mind that you can replace. It is one thing to keep crying that the Bills need to do something, but not provide any concrete solutions...As I posted earlier today, almost every team in the AFC have issues with OL or OL depth. No team is going to give away even a decent tackle.

I agree - I don't think you have to have a huge city with a lot of cultural attractions. You just need a solid organization where players think they will be rewarded and not waste their short careers.

And good bars and night clubs. I don't think players give a squat to what cultural organizations are around town.

The Bills are saving up to sign their premium players to long term contract, oh please.

Bills proven talent, Jackson, Williams, Johnson. Merriman is great, but can he stay healthy? Williams already resigned. Wake up and smell the coffee. Just to check I looked at league player ratings in various places. A lot of valuable high ranked players on the Bills to keep from the lustful clutches of the other teams of the rest of the league,lol,lol. There is little top level talent on this team to protect in the next few years. Fritz is passable, not desirable. As with the majority of the team. Most of the team is highly questionable.

To think it is a great plan by the FO to save the money for signings is a joke. It is about saving money and putting it in the bottom line, not about building a competitive team.

Drink another glass of Koolaide foolish fanboys. I hear there are some nice bridges for sale right now and some oceanfront property in Nevada that will be a great investment for smart people like you.

The Bills are saving up to sign their premium players to long term contract, oh please.

Bills proven talent, Jackson, Williams, Johnson. Merriman is great, but can he stay healthy? Williams already resigned. Wake up and smell the coffee. Just to check I looked at league player ratings in various places. A lot of valuable high ranked players on the Bills to keep from the lustful clutches of the other teams of the rest of the league,lol,lol. There is little top level talent on this team to protect in the next few years. Fritz is passable, not desirable. As with the majority of the team. Most of the team is highly questionable.

To think it is a great plan by the FO to save the money for signings is a joke. It is about saving money and putting it in the bottom line, not about building a competitive team.

Drink another glass of Koolaide foolish fanboys. I hear there are some nice bridges for sale right now and some oceanfront property in Nevada that will be a great investment for smart people like you.

If that's the case, then why are you on here? Why even bother supporting the team if you feel "It is about saving money and putting it in the bottom line, not about building a competitive team." Sounds like you're the one who is foolish.