Not holding my breath, NGU

Judging from the credible info that NGU has given several times, I can only assume that NGU is in the inner circle (I would assume some where in the scout dept, and here since 2009). I am happy he is on board both in the Bills organization and TBD. JW is a decent reporter who gets a little uppity on here sometimes but I like his writing and am happy that he is on here too.

NGU we get that you don't like that JW wrote what was in your perception, speculation and not fact: John we realize that NGU is hiding behind the internet and definitely has reason or interest in doing so, also we can see your point of being disrespected (although honestly, it can be a 2 way street IMO). But for the love of god guys, please call a truce. It is a misunderstanding, no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

I would suggest you talk in a PM as has been recommended before and just tell us you came to some kind of peace. Thank you both for your contributions :worthy: and co-operation. You both make this a better place and are appreciated for it.

Edited by bowery4

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the years NGU has posted information about forthcoming events that came true. That helps him build credibility.

Today he did nothing like that. He seemingly set out to attack the integrity of a fellow poster on the board, calling him out by his misspelled name.

The weird part is that he continues to attack jw for lack of specifics while at the same time leaving his own assertions implied instead of specific.

Hey crayonz! Think about this for a minute. An AP sportswriter publishes an article that he characterizes as shedding a "glimmer of light" on what is going on behind the curtain at the top of the Bills organization, and then makes comments here strongly implying that finances have become relatively more important to the organization - - but he doesn't actually cite specific sources for the information. Then NGU, who obviously has some sort of access to information that you would expect to be known only near the top of the Bills food chain, seems to try to deliberately provoke the sportswriter by continually, over and over, asserting that JW has absolutely no access to insider information, never has and never will.

How would you expect jw to respond to this, especially if you followed this board enough to know that jw can have a bit of a temper at times? What could NGU possibly be trying to accomplish?

And what happens next? JW, reputation predictably affronted, comes back with guarded examples of things he does know about, while leaving some of the details gray. So then NGU keeps baiting him, in a way that you think is out of character with NGU's previous posts. So why does NGU keep taunting jw about not having any inside information?

Ask yourself this question - - if you were somewhere in the mid to upper ranges of the Bills food chain, and an AP article made it obvious that somebody, somewhere was telling the press things that you would prefer to remain hidden, how would you go about finding the leak?

Can I prove this theory - - absolutely not - - but give me a different rational explanation for why NGU would choose this point in time to provoke JW by REPEATEDLY asserting, not merely that jw's story was inaccurate (indeed, NGU seems to have barely read the article), but that jw has no inside sources of information about how the Bills operate.

I hope JW kept enough details hidden to protect his source(s), and suspect that he did.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

well said Erik. NGU and people like him need other people's approval to pump up his ego and make him feel important. the best thing to do is to ignore him from now on. he isn't worth the time it took to read this post.

Man. I need to start posting more frequently. There have been long stretches between ego pumping. You can ignore my info if you want. Some people just don't want legitimate information. That is fine.

Man. I need to start posting more frequently. There have been long stretches between ego pumping. You can ignore my info if you want. Some people just don't want legitimate information. That is fine.

Yeah, john's comment was a little silly. Please disregard.

Yeah, john's comment was a little silly. Please disregard.

why is my comment silly? I have the right to find fault with someone on this board for openly slandering the name of a long time poster who has done nothing but provide us with great information, witty conversation, and who bleads Buffalo Bills football through and through. and NGU has the right to post to my comments and to defend himself if he choses to do so. thank you for monitoring this conversation.

Or I could just be right. No reason to think that.

You're right. There is no reason to think that. You are making accusations about a man's livelihood, calling him amongst other things a liar and a hack journalist. Yet, you admit you didn't even read the piece in question. You don't even know WHAT he said but you're here making a rant about it.

Why?

Oh ... that's right. You won't say why you did it. Or who you are. Or what you do. Because you "have inside information". And it's impossible that anyone else can have sources themselves. Even better ones.

The truth is, if you work for the Bills and have been feeding us information without them knowing, you're not a very good employee. If you're a friend or relative of someone at OBD, then you're a bad friend for revealing privleged info behind their back.

Or, more realistically, if you work for the Bills, as you seem to, then they know what you post on here. And clearly you have an agenda here. But yet you refuse to admit it. Which makes you even more slimey.

You're here because someone at OBD got their panties in a bunch and you're doing damage control by making baseless (and cowardly) accusations without offering anything to back them up. You're OBD's lapdog. And not a very good one at that.

NGU - thanks for the info and bringing some reality to a "reporters" interpretation. The fact this whole story grew a life of it's own (i.e. Bean Counters dictating Bills moves) shows how irresponsible and un--informed that these elitist journalists really are. To counter their words is to attack their character - even though they have complete disregard for attacking a senior bills official character or integrity. I have never read an article by JW or any reporter and thought to myself they were privy to some special, inside information that wasn't meant to mislead or mis-direct. Get real - the Bills organization (like every NFL team) doesn't share earth-shattering news with any reporter - and it sure as he'll doesn't let them know what their motives are for trading or acquiring players. hey JW, why don't you write your next story about a decision that someone tells you was made at the White House that normally is up to the President but was done so without his knowledge. I think JW has an ego the size of a Buffalo and will not be reading his stuff anymore for the way he handled himself on this board.

instead of talking about the season this crap could have been avoided if he didn't try to break some exclusive story that served absolutely no point. flame away so-called bills fans. Why not root for your team rather than against it.

You say this, but I don't get the feeling that you really believe it.

Most people only want to hear information that reinforces their pre-existing beliefs. All other information is called into question. Since there is no way for the common person to know what is true everything is treated as spin. That is the nature of the world we live in.

You're right. There is no reason to think that. You are making accusations about a man's livelihood, calling him amongst other things a liar and a hack journalist. Yet, you admit you didn't even read the piece in question. You don't even know WHAT he said but you're here making a rant about it.

Why?

Oh ... that's right. You won't say why you did it. Or who you are. Or what you do. Because you "have inside information". And it's impossible that anyone else can have sources themselves. Even better ones.

The truth is, if you work for the Bills and have been feeding us information without them knowing, you're not a very good employee. If you're a friend or relative of someone at OBD, then you're a bad friend for revealing privleged info behind their back.

Or, more realistically, if you work for the Bills, as you seem to, then they know what you post on here. And clearly you have an agenda here. But yet you refuse to admit it. Which makes you even more slimey.

You're here because someone at OBD got their panties in a bunch and you're doing damage control by making baseless (and cowardly) accusations without offering anything to back them up. You're OBD's lapdog. And not a very good one at that.

I appreciate you sticking up for jw but if you are not careful, you will find your posts deleted by SDS just like mine. Careful, not being PC will get you no where fast.

Hey crayonz! Think about this for a minute. An AP sportswriter publishes an article that he characterizes as shedding a "glimmer of light" on what is going on behind the curtain at the top of the Bills organization, and then makes comments here strongly implying that finances have become relatively more important to the organization - - but he doesn't actually cite specific sources for the information. Then NGU, who obviously has some sort of access to information that you would expect to be known only near the top of the Bills food chain, seems to try to deliberately provoke the sportswriter by continually, over and over, asserting that JW has absolutely no access to insider information, never has and never will.

How would you expect jw to respond to this, especially if you followed this board enough to know that jw can have a bit of a temper at times? What could NGU possibly be trying to accomplish?

And what happens next? JW, reputation predictably affronted, comes back with guarded examples of things he does know about, while leaving some of the details gray. So then NGU keeps baiting him, in a way that you think is out of character with NGU's previous posts. So why does NGU keep taunting jw about not having any inside information?

Ask yourself this question - - if you were somewhere in the mid to upper ranges of the Bills food chain, and an AP article made it obvious that somebody, somewhere was telling the press things that you would prefer to remain hidden, how would you go about finding the leak?

Can I prove this theory - - absolutely not - - but give me a different rational explanation for why NGU would choose this point in time to provoke JW by REPEATEDLY asserting, not merely that jw's story was inaccurate (indeed, NGU seems to have barely read the article), but that jw has no inside sources of information about how the Bills operate.

I know you don't want to believe it, but I was not trying to provoke. I was trying clear something up and went to far. Didn't realize how he and everyone else would react. I should have not continued, but the responses got the best me. Especially his. Pretty weak and never addressed the original assertion. This inside info thing is hilarious. There is nothing inside about anything I have seen of his. If I missed something let me know.

I hope JW kept enough details hidden to protect his source(s), and suspect that he did.

After reading this continuous pissing contest, all I have to say is holy ****

JW/NGU "Everybody Love Everybody"- Jackie Moon. Just coexist with each other. PM each other and hash out what you need to privately.

Crayonz, kudos for combining your intelligence and faux trollery together beautifully :thumbsup:

Never Give Up...two questions I'm dying to ask a legitimate insider...what really happened between Wilson and Polian and secondly way back when Reggie White became a free agent, why in the hell didn't Buffalo go after him!!!!???

Cheers!

why is my comment silly? I have the right to find fault with someone on this board for openly slandering the name of a long time poster who has done nothing but provide us with great information, witty conversation, and who bleads Buffalo Bills football through and through. and NGU has the right to post to my comments and to defend himself if he choses to do so. thank you for monitoring this conversation.

I hope it wasn't slander. Sounds like he never said what I thought he said. Even though he never confirmed. And if you want to believe he has inside info it is certainly your right. I just disagree. That does not take away from him being a journalist.

NGU, I said a few things in the heat of the moment that don't reflect who I am as a person and i sincerly apologize to you. I don't know you and I have no right to call you out on this board. I hope you will accept my apology and continue to provide the board with good, early information. What ever beef you have with JW has nothing to do with myself.

I do however hope you both with 'shake hands' and agree to disagree and move on. Bottom line, both of you are true fans of the game and true fans of the Bills and there is a lot to be said for that.

Anybody else think that this thread gives some real hints who NGU is, more than in comparison to who JW is getting his leaks from. Really you guys, it has gone on long enough. I personally want NGU to keep his anonymity and JW to keep his sources anonymity and both stay on board.

Edited by bowery4

slander someone who makes their living at this without offering a shred of proof or even your name. You needlessly throw a man under the bus while hiding behind shield of wanna-be-tough-guy cowards everywhere: anonymous internet posting. This isn't like flaming a bad poster. This is calling out someone's profession.

Isn't this essentially what you're doing in your post?

It's not at all what I'm doing. NGU is not a journalist. Has never claimed to be a journalist. Does not trade on his name or make a living doing so.

John does.

Attacking my post, or NGU's, or Kelly's, or yours amounts to a bunch of people having a pissing contest. It's meaningless. Happens a billion times a day on internet boards.

But NGU didn't attack a poster. He didn't attack someone's opinion. He called out a journalist. By name. And called them a fraud.

WITHOUT READING THE ARTICLE.

I don't know John. I've never met him. But wrong is wrong -- no matter HOW much information NGU has given in the past. There are lines you don't cross unless you're willing to back them up with proof. This is one of them. If you can't see the difference, then you're not really paying attention.

What is sickening about this is that this is apparently a sanctioned attack by the front office of the Bills. NGU has said his job is to give inside information about the Bills. So he's saying he's on payroll and comes on here as part of his job to give us information when THEY want us to get it. Think about what that implies. It means he was sent here today to attack JW on TBD in some effort to damage control.

If OBD wanted to refute the story, they could hold a press conference. They could grant an exclusive with any number of beat writers to clear the matter up. They could do any number of perfectly acceptable things to show the fans that JW's story was unfounded.

But instead, NGU comes on here with an incredibly hostile attitude and not only dismisses JW's story, but throws the man personally under the bus by calling his credibility into question. That's horrific and cowardly.

And if this was something that OBD sent him here to do, it should sicken every single Bills fan. If not for their methods and approach but for the simple fact that NGU basically admitted that the Bills aren't even TRYING to field a playoff team in the next 5 years.

NGU may have credibility. But he has no class.

Why?

I think he had the rant covered. Other people probably have inside sources. However I have not seen any related to the Bill except at the national level. And those instances have been rare. I really don't have an agenda but your accusation makes me think that you might. How exactly am I doing damage control genius? I have not defended this move or any other. Looks like you are doing some for the reporter. Seemed he was over the top defensive regarding a comment from a unidentified poster. Makes you wonder......

Never Give Up...two questions I'm dying to ask a legitimate insider...what really happened between Wilson and Polian and secondly way back when Reggie White became a free agent, why in the hell didn't Buffalo go after him!!!!???

Cheers!

Around that time Polian did reach an agreement with White's former teammate FA TE Keith Jackson, but the signing was nixed by Jeffrey Littman because "Mr Wilson says we have enough million dollar players on the roster already." This was just one of several "disagreements" between Polian and Littman that eventually lead to Polian's dismissal. How's that for inside info.