Torell Troup is Horrible

papazoid

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Hindsight, is that you?

Might be hindsight for both you and Mr. Modrak. :)

For the rest of us – draftniks, personnel experts and casual fans alike – it was as obvious then as it is today: a standout player at a program like Texas (Lamarr Houston) is a superior pick to that of a small-school player like Torrell Troup.

The irony of it is, even Troup himself was shocked at being picked that high, fully expecting to go in the 3rd round. Leave it to the Bills' brass to "follow their board" logic-be-damned! :lol:

Edited by Dawgg

Might be hindsight for both you and Mr. Modrak. :)

For the rest of us – draftniks, personnel experts and casual fans alike – it was as obvious then as it is today: a standout player at a program like Texas (Lamarr Houston) is a superior pick to that of a small-school player like Torrell Troup.

The irony of it is, even Troup himself was shocked at being picked that high, fully expecting to go in the 3rd round. Leave it to the Bills' brass to "follow their board" logic-be-damned! :lol:

Couldn't agree with you more--and that seems to be the prevailing trend of the 2011 draft, as opposed to 2010. If we're going to accept that 2011 was the FIRST year that didn't have Modrak's finger prints on it, perhaps this will be the trend moving forward (one can only hope).

The hit to miss ratio if you draft only well vetted players from big name, competitive schools in the country's best conferences has to be much much higher. Right?

Couldn't agree with you more--and that seems to be the prevailing trend of the 2011 draft, as opposed to 2010. If we're going to accept that 2011 was the FIRST year that didn't have Modrak's finger prints on it, perhaps this will be the trend moving forward (one can only hope).

The hit to miss ratio if you draft only well vetted players from big name, competitive schools in the country's best conferences has to be much much higher. Right?

Most definitely.

Why over think this and take the undersized (Donte), inexperienced (Maybin), overrated (McCargo), poor-program player (McKelvin, Troup, Hardy, Easley) when you can take a big & dominant (Ngata), experienced (Mangold), fairly-valued (Aaron Hernandez) big-program player (Gronkowski, Lamarr Houston)?

Perhaps you're right about this being the prevailing theme of the Modrak regime. One can only hope!

Most definitely.

Why over think this and take the undersized (Donte), inexperienced (Maybin), overrated (McCargo), poor-program player (McKelvin, Troup, Hardy, Easley) when you can take a big & dominant (Ngata), experienced (Mangold), fairly-valued (Aaron Hernandez) big-program player (Gronkowski, Lamarr Houston)?

Perhaps you're right about this being the prevailing theme of the Modrak regime. One can only hope!

Well, just look at the Alma Maters of the players we drafted in 2010 vs 2011:

Clemson (ACC)

Central Florida (CUSA)

Arkansas State (Sun Belt)

UCONN (Big East)

VA Tech (ACC)

James Madison (Colonial)

South Dakota State (Summit League (I think?))

Troy University (Sun Belt)

vs.

Alabama (SEC)

Texas (Big-12)

LSU (SEC)

UNC (ACC)

Clemson (ACC)

UNC (ACC)

Miss St. (SEC)

Richmond (Atlantic 10)

Bethel (Who cares?)

Well, just look at the Alma Maters of the players we drafted in 2010 vs 2011:

Clemson (ACC)

Central Florida (CUSA)

Arkansas State (Sun Belt)

UCONN (Big East)

VA Tech (ACC)

James Madison (Colonial)

South Dakota State (Summit League (I think?))

Troy University (Sun Belt)

vs.

Alabama (SEC)

Texas (Big-12)

LSU (SEC)

UNC (ACC)

Clemson (ACC)

UNC (ACC)

Miss St. (SEC)

Richmond (Atlantic 10)

Bethel (Who cares?)

I was wondering, is my quote in your signature a tribute at this point?

I was wondering, is my quote in your signature a tribute at this point?

Hahahaha, you know, I quite literally JUST read it and thought to myself, "Boy, I might be owing Bill from NYC a public 'I was right you were wrong' pretty soon!"

I made it clear when I put it there, that one day it may give credence to your incessant hatred for the Spiller pick -OR- it'd serve as a warning to anyone with a knee-jerk reaction to a draft pick "we" didn't want. Quite frankly, as far as Spiller goes, the jury was still out when I put it there. Now, it's going to take some sort of 11th hour smoking gun to acquit the guy.

I'm giving him until the end of this year. With Jackson out of the lineup, it's put up or shut up time for Clemson J. Spiller.

Hahahaha, you know, I quite literally JUST read it and thought to myself, "Boy, I might be owing Bill from NYC a public 'I was right you were wrong' pretty soon!"

I made it clear when I put it there, that one day it may give credence to your incessant hatred for the Spiller pick -OR- it'd serve as a warning to anyone with a knee-jerk reaction to a draft pick "we" didn't want. Quite frankly, as far as Spiller goes, the jury was still out when I put it there. Now, it's going to take some sort of 11th hour smoking gun to acquit the guy.

I'm giving him until the end of this year. With Jackson out of the lineup, it's put up or shut up time for Clemson J. Spiller.

Let's hope that is I who gives you the credit for predicting good things from this back. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bill from NYC