Fact -bills will be a lot better then last year

mc kid 78

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your optimism, but the Jets have a better quarterback with much more of an upside. Their offensive line is light years better than ours. They have 3 or 4 real good or better recievers, we have 1. Their running backs are at least as good as ours, if not better. Their tight end is much better, we haven't had a productive TE since Metzelaars. Now that I think about it, maybe that is why the Bills gave away their best receiver, to minimize the impact of the great corners that the Jets have.

Wow, you are giving Sanchez a lot of credit. I think he is awful, and would much rather have Fitz. Can you imagine how bad Sanchez would be on our team, behind our line? And Fitz STILL out played him last year.

Mason is 90, and while Plaxico did make a few plays in one of the pre-season games he has looked otherwise lost and slow.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Time will tell. I believe that tonite is the first game when we've had all the defensive starters on the field at once. Should be fun to watch for a few minutes.

The team cannot help but improve against the run. Drafting Dareus took care of that.

It's the pass rush that will make the difference this year. the key to a great pass defense is the pass rush. Hopefully Merriman and his pals will take care of this. I like having Wanny in charge of that group. This could be a fun year. That's a FACT. This could be fun.

Wow, you are giving Sanchez a lot of credit. I think he is awful, and would much rather have Fitz. Can you imagine how bad Sanchez would be on our team, behind our line? And Fitz STILL out played him last year.

Mason is 90, and while Plaxico did make a few plays in one of the pre-season games he has looked otherwise lost and slow.

As far as Sanchez, you are nuts. Is he great, of course not. He was good enough to be in two AFC Championships in two years in the league, and the Jets didn't lose either because of him. And as far as their receivers, you (intentionally or unknowledgably) left out their best receiver, Santonio Holmes, just to try to prove your crazy point.

<WARNING!> Grammer Polise

Love you're enthusiasm, Happy Meal Kid! -but stay in skool

1.) Their our know Facts about the future -accept death

2.) Names our spelt with capitol ledders

3.) You're spelling implies your younger THEN yore actual grade

3.) I agree, there thinking is way out they're.

Their eye go again..

RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines:

don't send mail or post messages solely to point out other people's errors in typing or spelling. These, more than any other behavior, mark you as an immature beginner.

Edited by bladiebla

As far as Sanchez, you are nuts. Is he great, of course not. He was good enough to be in two AFC Championships in two years in the league, and the Jets didn't lose either because of him. And as far as their receivers, you (intentionally or unknowledgably) left out their best receiver, Santonio Holmes, just to try to prove your crazy point.

You can believe whatever you want. I left out Holmes because he IS a good receiver yes, glad you picked up on that. I was only mentioning overrated ones. Sanchez is on a team that dominates in all aspects of the game...except one, QB. They have a good #1 WR, a good TE, a good line with a top caliber LT, and decent RB's...not to mention one of the best D's in the league. Even with all of that Sanchez has struggled. You are welcome to think of him however you'd like though...

Fitz vastly out performed him last year on one of the worst teams in the league. While not even playing the whole season. And just for the record, I don't consider Fitz to be anything more than an average QB.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

He wouldn't have made it to the playoffs if it wasnt for his running game and defense. True fact.

Career rating of 70, completing less than 60 percent, 29 TDs and 33 INTs? You think he would've brought them to the playoffs with a bad defense? And seeing A LOT of Jets games, those INT numbers should be A LOT more. There were A LOT Of dropped INTs.Trent Edwards completed a higher percent of passes his first 2 years...

2 year comparison:

Edwards: 23 starts, 643 attempts, 6.65 yds per attempt, 18 TDs, 18 INT, 78 rating, 4329 yds

Sanchez: 31 starts, 871 attempts, 6.6 yds per attempt, 29 TDs, 33 INT, 70 rating, 5,735 yds

His rookie year, they went to the championship with the number 3 defense and number 1 ranked rushing attack in the NFL. If you think they made it because of him, you're DEAD WRONG. Trent Edwards could've taken that team to the playoffs.

He wouldn't have made it to the playoffs if it wasnt for his running game and defense. True fact.

Career rating of 70, completing less than 60 percent, 29 TDs and 33 INTs? You think he would've brought them to the playoffs with a bad defense? And seeing A LOT of Jets games, those INT numbers should be A LOT more. There were A LOT Of dropped INTs.Trent Edwards completed a higher percent of passes his first 2 years...

2 year comparison:

Edwards: 23 starts, 643 attempts, 6.65 yds per attempt, 18 TDs, 18 INT, 78 rating, 4329 yds

Sanchez: 31 starts, 871 attempts, 6.6 yds per attempt, 29 TDs, 33 INT, 70 rating, 5,735 yds

His rookie year, they went to the championship with the number 3 defense and number 1 ranked rushing attack in the NFL. If you think they made it because of him, you're DEAD WRONG. Trent Edwards could've taken that team to the playoffs.

I completely agree.. a lot of people have a misconception about Sanchez being a good quarterback. Just because his team is good, doesn't mean he is. If he was a good quarterback, the Jets probably would have won those 2 AFC championship games and maybe a superbowl or two. Sanchez is all hype and there arent many numbers to back it up.

With the Patriots showing signs of age, Sanchez still inconsistent, and Miami throwing up their hands at QB, I think we have an opportunity this season despite the schedule

A lot of ifs, and Merriman HAS to stay healthy. But it's not impossible. If the Pats line ages and we can get to Brady, we win at least one of those games.