Marcus Easley

LGB

I liked Easley last year when we drafted him. I was bummed that he got hurt. I think he's going to be a solid receiver and like the fact that he seems to be very humble.....

I agree Amstel, Easley seems to be a very humble individual, the type of guy you just love to root for and I hope he continues to improve,

Skys the limits for this guy...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Amstel, Easley seems to be a very humble individual, the type of guy you just love to root for and I hope he continues to improve,

Skys the limits for this guy...

I see him as a young Jerry Rice..

(sorry, Fig N--couldn't resist!)

Easley played a good half of football, and for a young guy fighting injuries it's interesting that he did not seem to be all that impressed with himself considering the nice plays that he made. He seems like a kid that's really focused on getting better and that's it. I don't think that arrogance will ever be his problem no matter how confidant he becomes.

hehe, No, more of a Anquan Boldin or Eric Moulds type receiver I think WEO,a young Eric Moulds is a good comparison

Easley looks like someone who has all the right qualities - plus has had the benefit of being more mentally prepared (after being injured and learning in the classroom last year) and has a good chance to ramp up into the WR 2 position using his physical skills.

Did somebody just compare a guy with zero catches to Jerry rice, anquan boldin, and my favorite receiver of all time THEE number 80

No. Not at all. Those guys won't be able to hold Marcus' jock when his career is done.

I was really starting to like this Hubbard kid. He made some clean catches under pressure. "Under pressure" goes a long way with me. With big-time recievers like Holmes and Buress set to dominate the division, it wouldn't have hurt to have this kid waiting in the wings. Hopefully they'll take him back like they did with Levi.

And, Spiller, actually.

And don't forget David Nelson. But back to Easely, kind of reminds me of Stevie at the start last year. Had a couple bad drops in the first game, as I recall, then got his confidence and caught fire. Admittedly I am an optimist, but I can see the same happening for Marcus. I think Jacksonville may have been a turning point for him, and with some good plays in the book he could really emerge. Loving Stevie and Easely on the outside, a variety of options running from inside (Roscoe, Nelson, Jones) in 3, 4 and 5 wide sets.