Fantasy Football Question

covac23

Ok guys, I've got my fantasy draft Sunday night and I have the 5th pick in a ten team snake draft. What I'd like to hear from you guys is what running back I should take? It's a given that if AP, Arian Foster or CJ are there, I'm taking 'em, but right now I'm torn between Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice and reaching for McFadden. It's probably going to be a running back considering they're scored the best in my league. But I could use you Bills Backers input. Who should I take with the 5th pick?

GO BILLS!!!!

I was in the same situation and one of the guys in front of my took a risk on Charles, giving me Foster all the way down at 5. But if charles is there, get him. Great two way back.

Foster at 5 is a steal. He should be the consensus #1 pick. Barring injury, he's Terrelle Davis. I had him last year. Dude is special. He has a great O-line and he's perfect for the Kubiak system. One cut and go. Plus he has breakaway speed and had over 60 catches last year. My only concern is he gets the ball too much. If you draft him make sure to get the handcuff late. Derrick Ward or, more likely, Ben Tate if he's healthy. The four people who passed on Foster are idiots. Dead money.

Chris Johnson? Is he actually going to play in Tennessee? If he does how are a new head coach and his prolonged layoff going to affect him? I like letting other people find out these things....there's nothing worse that a wasted first round pick.

While McFadden could easily be the #1 fantasy player this year, his fragility is a huge concern. However, I think he's worth the 5 pick.

If Jamaal Charles is there, grab him. The guy is electric, his yards/carry is through the roof, the coaching staff knows how to keep him fresh and he catches balls.

AP seems like a safe choice and probably is, but that O-line scares me.

Ray Rice seems to be in a great situation and is definitely worth the 5 pick. However, and this is just me, I rank him lower than everyone above besides Chris Johnson and that's only because of the situation.

Edited by Thisistheyear

How do you decide what to wear in the morning? Which value menu to go with at Wendy's? I couldn't imagine if you went to a bar with like 100 microbrews on tap. That's a way better thread right there by the way. Just pick one and go with it. Everyone in the world is in fantasy football, most people on here are probably in multiple leagues. I have confidence that you'll make the right decision. Not McFadden.

I had Foster last year, but the odds of him repeating last season are not great. If he's at #5, of course, you take him. Just saying that no one should expect him to put up those monster numbers this year.

There always seems to be a new guy that bursts on the scene as the top dog. My guess is that at the end of this season, the best back will be Leshean McCoy. (But no one will, or should, take him at #5).

Ok guys, I've got my fantasy draft Sunday night and I have the 5th pick in a ten team snake draft. What I'd like to hear from you guys is what running back I should take? It's a given that if AP, Arian Foster or CJ are there, I'm taking 'em, but right now I'm torn between Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice and reaching for McFadden. It's probably going to be a running back considering they're scored the best in my league. But I could use you Bills Backers input. Who should I take with the 5th pick?

GO BILLS!!!!

Rice. He's a 3 down back who also gets a lot of passing yards.

My FF RB plan (I have #3 pick)

RD 1:

All Day

Jamall Charles

Ray Rice

Mo Jones Drew

Arian Foster

RD 2:

Mike Turner

Felix Jones

CJ Spiller

RD 3 or 4:

Fred Jackson

Tim Hightower

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Rice will prob get his tds vultured by ricky williams just like last year and charles still has thomas jones splitting carries... I would lean towards mcfadden as that is a run first team.

Couple of tips you can use or not.... c johnson is hands off to me I won't touch him even if he's there at 5 there is no team around him and he held out of tc so far which makes me question his motivation.

Someone to grab earlier than expected is hightower from wash. He's been tearing it up in preseason and shanny usually has a productive back. He's my sleeper this year - hope noone from my leagues posts here haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.