The first quarter of the season sets us up for split...

I'm sick of talking about the OL and the QB and Ralph and FAs. Let's talk about the quickly approaching season:

September 11: Bills at Chiefs (10-6), 1pm

September 18: Raiders(8-8) at Bills, 1pm

September 25: Patriots(14-2) at Bills, 1pm

October 2: Bills at Bengals(4-12), 1pm

I'm not too keen on starting the season at Arrowhead, but the Raiders/Bengals are beatable, and having NE early in Buffalo is our best chance(We haven't played NE in Buffalo to start the season series since 2004, every time we do play them in Buffalo, the season is already out of hand).

I think this is the best possible time to play the Chiefs in K.C. I think right now with the infighting in that locker room (not that Buffalo is much better at this point) we have a good chance of stealing this one. Cassell has looked even more miserable than Fitzpatrick so far so we will see what happens.

It might be a pipe dream but I could honestly see us at 3-1 after the first four. With a few lucky breaks maybe we beat New England. It's not that we will be the better team but it's bound to happen at some point. The numbers just don't work out that the Patriots will beat us forever.

If we can go 3-1 or even 2-2 in the first four games I will have to expect some good things from this team. I think just like last year they will get stronger as the season goes and if we can get off to a good start who knows what will happen. If we do start well I don't expect a crash and burn like a few years back however.

I think the Bills have a 60% chance of beating the Chiefs opening day (if the o-line looks more like in the Bears game than the Denver game).

I'll be there with a couple buddies doing my part to negate the home field advantage! :thumbsup:

I could see us starting 2-2 and finishing the season 3-13

Agreed. I think the Best I think they will do, is 2-2. Worst obviously is 0-4. Realistically I'm thinking 2-2. I see wins Against Oakland and Cincinnati. Gonna be hard in KC to win.

Edited by mattsox

I could see us starting 2-2 and finishing the season 3-13

I see 3-1 why so much respect for KC ? If we keep a lid on Charles win by 14-17 pts

then Eagles Giants Skins and Jets - 3-1 with an upset of the Jets

then Cowboys Dolphins Jets and Titans 2-2

then Chargers, Dolphins Broncos Pats 1-3 the one is Broncos might get the fins again-

finishing at 9-7 which is an upset away from 10-6

Edited by CardinalScotts

I'm sick of talking about the OL and the QB and Ralph and FAs. Let's talk about the quickly approaching season:

September 11: Bills at Chiefs (10-6), 1pm

September 18: Raiders(8-8) at Bills, 1pm

September 25: Patriots(14-2) at Bills, 1pm

October 2: Bills at Bengals(4-12), 1pm

I'm not too keen on starting the season at Arrowhead, but the Raiders/Bengals are beatable, and having NE early in Buffalo is our best chance(We haven't played NE in Buffalo to start the season series since 2004, every time we do play them in Buffalo, the season is already out of hand).

I know you don't want to hear the about the OL, but becasue of it I can't see the Bills beating anyone on that list but the Bengals. Raiders front 7 will destroy the Bills.

i guess for me, even though it's a rebuilding year, i would be happy going into our last 4 games with a chance at a wild card. i just want those december games to mean SOMETHING.

even if it's reading espn scenarios like

"bills need a win and a ten/ind/hou loss, or a sd tie, or a den/nyj loss and ind tie."

the mind bending mathematical wild card formulas that make december football worth while.

because as much as i like the bills, its only human nature when we've been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, to cheer losses, in hopes of earning a better draft spot. and it sucks to watch games and hope we lose :(

so yeah, just give me a fight for a wild card in december and i'm good.

remember 07? when we were playing... i think it was cleveland in cleveland... with 3 or 4 weeks to go... and we were still alive for the playoffs?

even though we finished 7-9... that was still a somewhat enjoyable season, because the majority of the games were meaningful.

4-12, eliminated by week 8? not so much...

Everything depends on the run D. We could go 3-1, but we'd have to do it by stopping the number 1 and 2 run offenses from last year (OAK and KC). If the boys up front can play their tails off and force those teams to throw the ball, then I say our offense can get the job done.

I know you don't want to hear the about the OL, but becasue of it I can't see the Bills beating anyone on that list but the Bengals. Raiders front 7 will destroy the Bills.

While I agree that the Raiders have a fairly stacked front 7, they have a meek offense, including a concussed Campbell and Trent Edwards as a back-up. They've scored 5 FGs and 1TD (thrown by Edwards), they're not exactly lighting up the board. I know that Buffalo's offense is stagnant, but they is great opportunity for our D to give the O good field position and maybe a few turnover points. Calling the OAK game an automatic loss is crazy.

I think the Bills have a 60% chance of beating the Chiefs opening day (if the o-line looks more like in the Bears game than the Denver game).

I'll be there with a couple buddies doing my part to negate the home field advantage! :thumbsup:

I like your optimism but they won 10 games last year and beat us on top of that. Add in that this is their home opener and we will have to deal with the Arrowhead crowd and I just don't see us as a favorite in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we won, not at all but I would consider it a mild upset. It sure would be nice though.

I like your optimism but they won 10 games last year and beat us on top of that. Add in that this is their home opener and we will have to deal with the Arrowhead crowd and I just don't see us as a favorite in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we won, not at all but I would consider it a mild upset. It sure would be nice though.

They beat us by 3 in KC. I think that it's a PUSH in terms of odds of winning.

Not sure why some people think Oakland is such a winnable game. They were an eight-win team last year. Even a Russell-led Raiders team nearly beat the Bills in Buffalo a few years ago. I'm thinking 1-3, since the Bengals haven't beaten the Bills in more than 20 years. 2-2 is a success.

I see 3-1 why so much respect for KC ? If we keep a lid on Charles win by 14-17 pts

then Eagles Giants Skins and Jets - 3-1 with an upset of the Jets

then Cowboys Dolphins Jets and Titans 2-2

then Chargers, Dolphins Broncos Pats 1-3 the one is Broncos might get the fins again-

finishing at 9-7 which is an upset away from 10-6

you cant be serious.

I'm not saying KC is SB bound but I'd rather open in just about any other stadium. Arrowhead will be loud and if we don't quiet them down early it'll be a hard task. Better Bills teams than our current one have had their asses handed to them by worse KC teams in the past.

I'd like to think we can beat them but I see us going 2-2 after four games.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Not sure why some people think Oakland is such a winnable game. They were an eight-win team last year. Even a Russell-led Raiders team nearly beat the Bills in Buffalo a few years ago. I'm thinking 1-3, since the Bengals haven't beaten the Bills in more than 20 years. 2-2 is a success.

West coast teams have a terrible record coming to the east coast, regardless of how good a team they are playing. Plus Oakland has no real QB to speak of. Our home opener, I'd say its at least 50-50. KC is known for their home field advantage, has a great rushing attack, made the plaoffs last year, and I expect them to come out swingning this season. Pats will stomp us by 35+, if we loose to the Bungals 0-16 here we come.

Edited by Thoner7

3-1. The Bills are better and the Chefs worse than the last time they met, and the Chefs won't have any idea what the Bills will be doing on offense with Brad Smith. Oakland sans Asomugha is a win. And the Bungles are another easy win.