Supplemental draft via email at 1 p.m. today

papazoid

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's unfortunate for Carolina - they just might want to get into the Terrelle Pryor sweepstakes...

Cam Newton struggles in his first start

In his first exhibition start, Newton threw behind and below receivers, often failed to set his feet and looked confused at times in the Panthers’ 20-10 loss to Miami. The No. 1 overall pick completed 7 of 14 passes for 66 yards. He only had one completion to a wide receiver — a 2-yard gain to Armanti Edwards on third-and-9 late in the second quarter. Panthers coach Ron Rivera would prefer to name a Week 1 starting quarterback before next week’s game at Cincinnati, and did not indicate a leader in the competition between Newton and Jimmy Clausen.

Newton=Bust.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton:

The Raiders may be down No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 next year, but they could get a No. 3 and No. 4 in compensatory picks.

how does that happen? i thought they got him for a 3rd

Edited by BillsRUs

The Raiders may be down No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 next year, but they could get a No. 3 and No. 4 in compensatory picks.

Other deals?

It's unrelated. He means they have already traded their 2nd and 4th, and gave up their 3rd for Pryor. They may get a 3rd and 4th back next year as compensation for losing FAs this year.