Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps gailey just wanted to run plays and see how his players performed in those plays and didn't scout or game plan to win.

Denver was the worst team in the NFL last year against the run and still have suspect DT's, if the Bills were playing to win I would think they would run the ball till Spiller's & Jackson's legs couldn't take anymore. Then let Brad Smith run it at them.

That starting O line looked very suspect against a bad Denver defense, dunno why the Bills aren't calling up every FA tackle out there

Last years Denver defense didn't have dumervil or miller

I like your style D5 & that thread you put up, your alright. :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

ON another note.. There were some bright spots on defense, and offensively, although I might get reamed, the offensive line did pretty well in run-blocking tonight, IMO. Danny Batten showed he has some heart, and a motor, which is encouraging. I am really starting to like Troup more, and Heard has some potential with another year under his belt he might imporve as well as Carrington has? As for our offense in general? It looked more like a number two offense, and if it doesn't get better and quick, we're in for a long season. Wait for the cuts, and seriously think about spending some money on a deep threat. T.O anyone? [wink] If we don't show teams that we're willing to throw it more than 20 yards, no matter how good Chan's plan is, we're in for a tough season.. Imagine being a D-Coordinator, and you're going up against a team that doesn't throw it more than 20 yards? Blitz on every play.. We can't just throw it down field once a game, we need to do it 4 - 5 times a game, and we need to be successful at it half the time, or Defenses are going to crush us this year..

Tim-

My favorite still is Two positions short of being a great team?.

PS. Its just the second a pre season game coming off a messed up off season. Things arn't as bad as they looked tonight.

Yeah, I started that thread, and I believed it, even though I should have written good instead of great. This performance tonight showed no promising things to look forward to.

Not predicting an entire season on this one scrimmage. But it's not looking good so far.

It's nonsense to say "don't worry, it's only a preseason game." If you saw the game, it's not only that the Bills played poorly, it's basic deficiencies that you don't overcome by merely flicking the switch when the season begins. The Bills cannot pass block or run block. It's frightening to see how bad your starting left tackle was tonight. Unless Fitz plays out of the 'gun, he's going to get killed. The way the secondary played is even scarier. Nobody was covered in the first half, with the starters playing. You can pass at will against that soft zone. And there was no pressure whatsoever on the Broncos' quarterback. If SM doesn't stay healthy, those sacks we had last week will remain an illusory fluke. The only thing that really looked good all night was the run defense.

Yes, we've clearly improved the run defense. But just about everything else left an odor.

Yeah, I started that thread, and I believed it, even though I should have written good instead of great. This performance tonight showed no promising things to look forward to.

Not predicting an entire season on this one scrimmage. But it's not looking good so far.

That's the great thing about the preseason all of us are undefeated and we all have the same high hopes of everything working out well and being that one team that defies the odds and becomes this years Cinderella story.

As I said tho this is just week two of the preseason don't get yourselves to worked up over a loss.

It's nonsense to say "don't worry, it's only a preseason game." If you saw the game, it's not only that the Bills played poorly, it's basic deficiencies that you don't overcome by merely flicking the switch when the season begins. The Bills cannot pass block or run block. It's frightening to see how bad your starting left tackle was tonight. Unless Fitz plays out of the 'gun, he's going to get killed. The way the secondary played is even scarier. Nobody was covered in the first half, with the starters playing. You can pass at will against that soft zone. And there was no pressure whatsoever on the Broncos' quarterback. If SM doesn't stay healthy, those sacks we had last week will remain an illusory fluke. The only thing that really looked good all night was the run defense.

Yes, we've clearly improved the run defense. But just about everything else left an odor.

Not sure how you can say our run blocking stank? I thought it was the only bright spot in offense tonight? Between the backs I think we went over a 100 yards rushing?

Tim-

So let me ask this, in all seriousness.. A team goes 4-0 in preseason. They obviously look good, since they won all their scrimmages. Then they proceed to go 0-16 when it counts. Why is that? I mean if you witnessed all those games, they looked good, they won. What happened?

I think the "nonsense" is to think that preseason games mean anything at all.

The 90s bills went 0-4 in preseason, then went on to the super bowl. Are the 2011 Bills going to go to the super bowl? No. But to think you can judge how a season is going to turn out based on the 2nd game of the preseason. To me, thats nonsense.

My thought, save all the frustration and emotions for when they count. If Sept. 11 roles around and its 4pm EST, then express how you feel.

Wayne -

The Lions played their starters longer than the Giants in week one of that preseason, then went on to beat the Bengals, Browns, and Bills. No big accomplishment there.

Anyways, it's not the final score of a preseason game that matters, it's how your starters look when they are out there.

The Bills played very badly tonight.

You keep spouting random stats, but you aren't actually making any arguments.

Do you think that it's a positive thing that the Bills looked like garbage tonight? Do you think the Bills are going to content for a playoff berth? What are you even trying to say?

I will let the market determine the posts, I know I'm ill & our preparation was not there at all. I'm ashamed tonight, that's really hard to deal with.

It's a pre-season game for a team coming off a year where they finished 4-12. Maybe a result like this will temper the unrealistically optimistic expectations.

This is not pessimism, it is reality. Sadly, the re-building will take a couple more years.

Wayne -

The Lions played their starters longer than the Giants in week one of that preseason, then went on to beat the Bengals, Browns, and Bills. No big accomplishment there.

Anyways, it's not the final score of a preseason game that matters, it's how your starters look when they are out there.

The Bills played very badly tonight.

You keep spouting random stats, but you aren't actually making any arguments.

Do you think that it's a positive thing that the Bills looked like garbage tonight? Do you think the Bills are going to content for a playoff berth? What are you even trying to say?

I think it's pretty obvious what I'm saying. Its preseason and I am saying why worry. The Bills looked like garbage. Great, I saw that too.

Its a scrimmage. Preseason. This is where you are suppose to mess up, get things wrong, try other things out.

Does it mean its time to hit the panic button?

My stats point to the fact that, you can go 0-4 or 4-0 and preseason can still mean absolutely nothing. So I wouldn't exactly call them random. Show me one preseason where it matters and I can show you one where it doesn't. They don't game plan, they don't watch film of the other team. And yes watching film can change A LOT. So whats the point of getting all worked up?

Edited by Wayne333

Good news guys!

The Patriots looked unstoppable against the Bucs - but don't worry, that means nothing! They probably won't even make the playoffs, right Wayne? The Bills look like garbage, but hey, it doesn't matter - SUPER BOWL ALL THE WAY!!!

Cause thats what I said... thanks again for playing.

Its like even if the Bills game out and played like gang busters, you'd still be on this board saying. Well it was denver the 2nd worst team

in the league last year, so it means nothing...

Why do I even bother with some of the pessimist/chicken little's of the world?

Edited by Wayne333