Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

Really? There's only one starting caliber LB on this roster and he can't stay on the field. We also have a poor defensive backfield, as will be made very clear when our improved defensive line actually requires teams to throw the ball for a change. Oh, and they might want to replace the only deep threat they had in the organization. Maybe improve at QB, too. Fred Jackson isn't getting any younger either. The only place you can reasonably say that they improved over last year is on the defensive line. They are objectively worse at linebacker and wide receiver.

They won't be able to focus solely on the offensive line next year either.

30 million under the cap.

I can't resist. One starting caliber LB? I assume you mean Merriman, but it is funny that you completely ignore a great FA signing by Buddy in Barnett.

And for the 30 million under the cap comment, tell me who we should have signed that would have come here. I'll wait.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't resist. One starting caliber LB? I assume you mean Merriman, but it is funny that you completely ignore a great FA signing by Buddy in Barnett.

And for the 30 million under the cap comment, tell me who we should have signed that would have come here. I'll wait.

How about anyone with experience on the O-line that's been to the probowl?

Here's the source code for an app that simulates TBD the day after a bad preseason game: :)

10 PRINT "WE'RE DOOMED WE SUCK BAD PREP 0-16 OH NO WE'RE DONE NIX BLOWS GAILEY BLOWS 4TH ROUND O LINE D LINE SECONDARY FITZ HAS NO ARM SUCK SUCK [HEAD BASH SMILEY] SUCK 0-16"

20 GOTO 10

30 END

Give them time to play together in game situations for more than five minutes. They had no OTAs or any of the pre-pre-season work.

GO BILLS!!!!!

It hasnt been pretty so far.....but its still preseason.

No reason to hit the panic button since I only figured on

5-11 or 6-10 anyway........its gonna take a few good drafts

to turn this completely around.......I'll be happy this season

if we just make some strides on defense and the draft picks look

like they will pan out.........at least it will show that the bad

drafts are maybe a thing of the past and we can look to the future

with some hope.

It is one preseaon game so I try not to get too negative about it. We were difinitely not ready to play and it looks like John Fox threw a lot at us that we did not have answers for. I cannot believe the talent between the two is that far apart.

The two biggest observations from me:

1. Our OL is not any further along than last year at this time. In fact, it may be worse. (Even though Wood and Bell are healthy)

2. Our defense looks a lot worse without Merriman.

Edited by Bob in STL

Here's the source code for an app that simulates TBD the day after a bad preseason game: :)

10 PRINT "WE'RE DOOMED WE SUCK BAD PREP 0-16 OH NO WE'RE DONE NIX BLOWS GAILEY BLOWS 4TH ROUND O LINE D LINE SECONDARY FITZ HAS NO ARM SUCK SUCK [HEAD BASH SMILEY] SUCK 0-16"

20 GOTO 10

30 END

Give them time to play together in game situations for more than five minutes. They had no OTAs or any of the pre-pre-season work.

GO BILLS!!!!!

Denver didn't have OTA's or pre-pre-season work either - they are light years ahead of us - the Patriots could skip pre-season entirely and still come out more physical/hungry/aggressive than us.

In your code above, I think you meant 30 RUN

Or perhaps you were being optimistic by putting in 30 END? Unfortunately the "END" of bad Bills teams isn't in the near future.

Edited by Azucho98

-our front 7 on defense has gotten better

-in Chans interview he went on to say that they didn't call any chip blocks or help with our oline because he wanted to see where they are at....obviously it didn't work to well. Maybe thats why we didnt put an emphasis on a TE in the offseason because they're going to be helping our tackles.

- Spiller had a couple of nice runs, hopefully he continues to improve

- Chan also stated they didn't call a lot of blitzes, we sill got some pressure but a blitz here and there may have helped our pass defense.

-our front 7 on defense has gotten better

-in Chans interview he went on to say that they didn't call any chip blocks or help with our oline because he wanted to see where they are at....obviously it didn't work to well. Maybe thats why we didnt put an emphasis on a TE in the offseason because they're going to be helping our tackles.

- Spiller had a couple of nice runs, hopefully he continues to improve

- Chan also stated they didn't call a lot of blitzes, we sill got some pressure but a blitz here and there may have helped our pass defense.

Wow, weird, exactly what I said last night about not scheming at all.. But of course the negative nancies are out in force.

20 GOTO 10

30 END

GO BILLS!!!!!

10 - Fuk up first round draft choice

20 - Draft CB

20.5 - GO TO 20 unless you see high motor smaller "speedy" project where you can project that player anywhere from DE to Safety.

30 - Do nothing in FA

40 - Pull players off other teams scrap heaps

50 - If by chance we are to groom a high cliber NFL player - do not offer them market value for their talent and hard work.

60 - Use the press to say "we tried to get this one and that one.....we tried to keep this one and that one....making the player look greedy for wanting what they deserve.

70 - Use the kind hearted and loyal fans on this page (knowing they support this team no matter what)to police bad sentiment....no matter how much the truth hurts.

80 - reap profits from the rest of the league's successes while keeping your cost base low and blaming your "small market" for your horrific mismanagement

90 - Anyone stop going to games? Threaten to move to LA.

100 - Draft CB

Wow, weird, exactly what I said last night about not scheming at all.. But of course the negative nancies are out in force.

LOL! I have heard this since 2000. How much did Denver scheme for this game? How much does NE scheme in the pre-season? The Bills don't execute - they don't have the talent/hunger/killer instinct to WIN. Plain and simple.

lol @ negative nancies. seriously. it takes a lot of balls and a lot of ignorance to call Bills fans negative when all they are doing is replaying the last 10 years with every missed block and every dropped pass.

it's getting to point where if you're sitting on your own island of puppies and rainbows where "it's okay guys, we didn't scheme!" or "c'mon fellas, we need time to gel"...well frankly you sound like a !@#$ing idiot with no concept of reality. we'd have like 2 players on our roster start on the patriots.

10 - Fuk up first round draft choice

20 - Draft CB

20.5 - GO TO 20 unless you see high motor smaller "speedy" project where you can project that player anywhere from DE to Safety.

30 - Do nothing in FA

40 - Pull players off other teams scrap heaps

50 - If by chance we are to groom a high cliber NFL player - do not offer them market value for their talent and hard work.

60 - Use the press to say "we tried to get this one and that one.....we tried to keep this one and that one....making the player look greedy for wanting what they deserve.

70 - Use the kind hearted and loyal fans on this page (knowing they support this team no matter what)to police bad sentiment....no matter how much the truth hurts.

80 - reap profits from the rest of the league's successes while keeping your cost base low and blaming your "small market" for your horrific mismanagement

90 - Anyone stop going to games? Threaten to move to LA.

100 - Draft CB

110 - Go to 10, LOL.

lol @ negative nancies. seriously. it takes a lot of balls and a lot of ignorance to call Bills fans negative when all they are doing is replaying the last 10 years with every missed block and every dropped pass.

it's getting to point where if you're sitting on your own island of puppies and rainbows where "it's okay guys, we didn't scheme!" or "c'mon fellas, we need time to gel"...well frankly you sound like a !@#$ing idiot with no concept of reality. we'd have like 2 players on our roster start on the patriots.

And there you are, to of course, chime in... Cause yes lets relive everything in a freaking glorified SCRIMMAGE.

Edited by Wayne333

i'll take it a step further. if you can ACTUALLY come on this board last night/today and start calling people "negative" and ****, i have to assume you're either 14 years old and have zero concept of what the past 10 years were like, or you're heavily medicated and can get to a place of euphoria inconsistent with reality.

for 10 years we've been hyping up 3rd stringers and watching them fail, watching 1st rounders bust out, over and over and over. is there anything different about marcus easley, arthur moats, cj spiller, and leodis mckelvin??