Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

I will let the market determine the posts, I know I'm ill & our preparation was not there at all. I'm ashamed tonight, that's really hard to deal with.

It's what I expected. But I wanted to be wrong. Buddy and his scouts have work to do. I really thought the Bills receivers would do better than they did.

They need another vet. or a good TE pass catcher. I hope Merriman will be back soon. The Bills D is much better when he is in the line up.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was pretty rough, I just finished watching the game and I was upset with a few things. In particular, Spiller missed (2) blitz pick-up's and nearly got Fitz killed. Bell looked pretty bad in pass protection on 2-3 plays. Defensively, we got 0 penetration and pretty much got dominated up front with the 1's and 2's. One thing I noticed is that we played in base 3-4 / 4-3 all night, I don't think we blitzed at all.

On the positive, I think Thigpen played well, and was pretty accurate - without much help from his receivers. Fred Jackson is the man, all around great back, let's just hope Spiller can learn something from him.

This will be a long year, and I really hope we are headed in the right direction. We still have a lot of holes and unproven's on both sides of the ball. I remain positive.

This was pretty rough, I just finished watching the game and I was upset with a few things. In particular, Spiller missed (2) blitz pick-up's and nearly got Fitz killed. Bell looked pretty bad in pass protection on 2-3 plays. Defensively, we got 0 penetration and pretty much got dominated up front with the 1's and 2's. One thing I noticed is that we played in base 3-4 / 4-3 all night, I don't think we blitzed at all.

On the positive, I think Thigpen played well, and was pretty accurate - without much help from his receivers. Fred Jackson is the man, all around great back, let's just hope Spiller can learn something from him.

This will be a long year, and I really hope we are headed in the right direction. We still have a lot of holes and unproven's on both sides of the ball. I remain positive.

This.

I didn't watch the game yet, but listened to the first three quarters on the radio at work. What concerns me is that the starting offense hasn't scored a touchdown yet. They have a couple of good plays, and a couple of gimmicks, but stall in scoring distance. I do think the D is better than last years D. I just wish the "tinkering" was over with by now, but unfortunately when a team has been this bad for this long then it is necessary.

Hopefully whatever was going on her earlier has submided a tad and people have calmed down.....I tried to voice reason but way too many of the negative nancies controlling the board after a bad performance....anyways....

- Chan said in his press conference pretty much what I saw on the field.....the bills were playing "straight up" on both offense and defense......the broncos starting out doing that as well and the beginning of the game was even....we drove down and scored the 3 points. I would have liked for it to be 7 but you know what? The offense still has some kinks to work out.

- AFTER THE FIRST SERIES....denver seemed to change its tactics....they start blitzing on defense while our offensive linemen continued to block "straight up" meaning they did not chip pass rushers to help out Bell...they were sending secondary blitzes as well.....basically they were overloading....and we were not game planning to stop them. This was BY DESIGN....Chan basically said it in his after game press conference.....he wanted to see what the offensive line could do and they were evaluating that. We also were not doing anything other then Vanilla on defense

- WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT REPLACING PEARS......Pears wasnt the problem...for the second straight game he did a solid job. What they should have done was kept a TE or back in to chip the pass rusher on Bells side when they say he was having trouble.....but CHAN DID WANT TO DO THAT TODAY.....so this is what you saw. The real problem? Our interior OL are not getting a push in the run game......Urbik had another tough day and I have seen onough to see that he needs to be replaced.

- Fitz had an off day throwing the ball....he was not accurate.....we had too many drops by recievers......and once you get past our 1st string offense and defense we are not very good.

This team was not as good as its 9 sacks against the bears and it was not as bad as its 2 sacks today against Denver. When you dont get after the passer you leave your secondary out to try and Chan didnt want to blitz....so this is what you saw.

Calm down folks.

Cause thats what I said... thanks again for playing.

Its like even if the Bills game out and played like gang busters, you'd still be on this board saying. Well it was denver the 2nd worst team

in the league last year, so it means nothing...

Why do I even bother with some of the pessimist/chicken little's of the world?

what made me worried is when Gailey decided to leave the first team offense in the game. He was admitting by his action how bad they were. And it didn't get any better leaving them in.Yes it's preseason, but i sense Gailey is worried.

The Offensive line was horrible, the receivers couldn't get any seperation. The secondary couldn't cover. There was little pass rush. If this game is any indication of things to come, it will be a very long year. And yes, I know preseason doesn't always indicate how the year will go, but it sure looks bad. Spiller is not looking like a top ten pick either.

Looks like Fitz is still a bit rusty but he has time to correct that.

Dare I say Johnson, Roscoe and Roosevelt are the best WR's ?

Darius is a beast, best pick since Bruce Smith.

The Oline still sucks, are OT's are not very good, would not start on an playoff teams.

That said Spiller looks better running, still needs work on pass protection. I think we see his numbers go way up.

Brad Smith is Slash 2.0... I like Danny Batten , he was a good draft pick.

Next week game is the tune up so I will wait until after that game to see where we at.

Good news guys!

The Patriots looked unstoppable against the Bucs - but don't worry, that means nothing! They probably won't even make the playoffs, right Wayne? The Bills look like garbage, but hey, it doesn't matter - SUPER BOWL ALL THE WAY!!!

It just goes to show you that winning in the preseason is for chumps.

it's preseason.

i mean, honest to god - it's preseason.

the reason the pats have scored 80 points thus far, is because every year, beliceck loads up the "we're on a mission" bus, and starts the "it's us against the world" tour. then runs up the score against the tampa bays and jacksonvilles of the world. but they haven't won anything since they video taped their opponents and knew what defensive schemes they would be facing on sunday.

gailey has a brand new defense, and we haven't even cut down our roster yet!

anyone worried about these games probably watches trent edwards highlights from last pre-season to relive the glory days. remember how great we looked last year?

Problem is, everytime the Bills stink it up during the preseason, and we all get the "calm down" and "it's just preseason" posts, we absolutely stink it up during the early part of the season (and beyond, too). That said, I really hope they do well and prove me wrong.

I will let the market determine the posts, I know I'm ill & our preparation was not there at all. I'm ashamed tonight, that's really hard to deal with.

Now that Evans is gone, this is about the same talent level team as last year, with the upside that everyone got another year of experience. But experience is not the same as talent. They are building the talent level back to where it was years ago. This years draft looks like a pretty good one, and you go from there via the draft. The Wood/Levitre picks were pretty good, as well. This will take years, since no young, hot free agents will come to this particular franchise until it comes back and has a future. It just is what it is. Frankly, if you are going to suck, this is the year to do it, with a rookie salary cap in place and the best QB prospect in 15 years coming out.

Now that Evans is gone, this is about the same talent level team as last year, with the upside that everyone got another year of experience. But experience is not the same as talent. They are building the talent level back to where it was years ago. This years draft looks like a pretty good one, and you go from there via the draft. The Wood/Levitre picks were pretty good, as well. This will take years, since no young, hot free agents will come to this particular franchise until it comes back and has a future. It just is what it is. Frankly, if you are going to suck, this is the year to do it, with a rookie salary cap in place and the best QB prospect in 15 years coming out.

The Bills have taken it a step further & have a decade of suck. You folks do realize that a high draft pick equaled Maybin / Spiller right?? Failure assures nothing but failure with a centurion owner.

OK, it's preseason. Unfortunately, if yesterday is truly the best predictor of tomorrow, the Bills will continue to play like this throughout the regular season. We need NEW OWNERSHIP a la the Sabres and the Pegula influence. No amount of tinkering is going to "fix" the Bills. Post what you like, project abilities to players who shouldn't even be in the league, downplay the reality of the situation, do whatever; nothing will change until the institutional paradigm of the Bills shifts, e.g., new owner.

Ralph should sell the Bills and use the proceeds to invest in Ted's franchises in the Rochester area.

Years away from being a legitimate competitor. Hopefully things get better real quick or it looks like the Bills will get the number one overall pick next year. I am convinced that they will take another RB because Nix will state " he was the best player on the board".