Bills-Broncos Official Game Thread

Lot o' whiners out here tonite...

I am old enough to remember a Bills team that went 0-4 in the preseason, then went on to play in the Superbowl.

+1

This team isn't gonna go to the super bowl this year, but people cmon. Relax. It's freaking practice. For all we know John fox could have a full on game plan going tonight to win in front of his home crowd. Whereas the Bills could still be trying out and testing different schemes... Seeing what works and what doesn't.

Breath. Save your frustration for Sept. 11.

Edited by Wayne333

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

‎"THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD THAT: I received a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. A picture is now only worth 200 words. They renamed Wall Street "Wal-Mart Street". Finally, I called the Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck!!!"

+1

This team isn't gonna go to the super bowl this year, but people cmon. Relax. It's freaking practice. For all we know John fox could have a full on game plan going tonight to win in font if his home crowd. Whereas the Bills could still be trying out and testing different schemes... Seeing what works and what doesn't.

I hope you're right

The Bills will probably be really bad this season, but it has nothing to do with how they look tonight. No matter how much everyone rants and raves like petulant children, there is almost zero correlation between preseason performance and regular season performance. If the Bills were up by 3 touchdowns right now, it wouldn't mean they would have a good season. Do yourself a favor and save your frustration for September.

That's really not true at all. Wins and losses don't matter. Play calling can be all over the place. Formations may not make sense. But how the players perform play to play does make a difference. Everyone played like crap tonight, and that means something.

+1

This team isn't gonna go to the super bowl this year, but people cmon. Relax. It's freaking practice. For all we know John fox could have a full on game plan going tonight to win in font if his home crowd. Whereas the Bills could still be trying out and testing different schemes... Seeing what works and what doesn't.

FWIW: I think they should try out the scheme where the O-line blocks the other teams guys!

:thumbsup:

What are you guys going to have to B word about when we come back and win this one

I'll B word about what matters. That the first and second teams were treated like prison bitches. That our starting offensive line is embarrassing. That our secondary is a joke that was disguised by our inability to stop the run. That we traded one of our few NFL quality players for monetary reasons while 30 million dollars under the cap.

‎"THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD THAT: I received a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. A picture is now only worth 200 words. They renamed Wall Street "Wal-Mart Street". Finally, I called the Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck!!!"

Instant classic Jerry Jabber

What are you guys going to have to B word about when we come back and win this one

No one cares about the W-L record in pre-season. But it does matter how the starters perform. They looked abjectly horrible tonight. Very reminiscent of last year, when the pre season was a great predictor of the regular season. There's no reason to think that these same players are going to start winning their individual battles once the regular season starts.

+1

This team isn't gonna go to the super bowl this year, but people cmon. Relax. It's freaking practice. For all we know John fox could have a full on game plan going tonight to win in front of his home crowd. Whereas the Bills could still be trying out and testing different schemes... Seeing what works and what doesn't.

A OL getting knocked on his can is a different scheme?

That's really not true at all. Wins and losses don't matter. Play calling can be all over the place. Formations may not make sense. But how the players perform play to play does make a difference. Everyone played like crap tonight, and that means something.

Agree to disagree. Even individual performances are wildly skewed in preseason. Vick threw 3 interceptions in part of a game vs. Pitt the other night. He threw a total of 6 all of last season.

No one cares about the W-L record in pre-season. But it does matter how the starters perform. They looked abjectly horrible tonight. Very reminiscent of last year, when the pre season was a great predictor of the regular season. There's no reason to think that these same players are going to start winning their individual battles once the regular season starts.

I am with you. Not looking for all world play just show me something. Very depressing night if you wanted to see any positives.