Dan Patrick discussing Vick/Bills

Booger

The Pryor discussion this past hour has been interesting. NFL suspends him for 5 games for what he did in college, as they said what if Auburn goes down this year are they going to suspend Cam Newton!

sorry, don't want to take this off topic, but... :lol: sure, they'll suspend Newton :lol:

Not laughing at you MiH, I think we're on the same side on this one.

lets say the bills do complain about this, what are they gonna get? i think it would just be a step to getting goddell out.

I think that they should get Roger's first round pick in next year's draft.

Goodell needs to respond to Vick's comments.

The DP show is the best as you say. I listen to it streamed on my computer at work every day or watch on the 101 on DirecTV if home.

...The Pryor discussion this past hour has been interesting. NFL suspends him for 5 games for what he did in college, as they said what if Auburn goes down this year are they going to suspend Cam Newton!

They didn't suspend him for what he did in college, they suspended him because he made himself ineligible to return to school after the draft, thus, circumventing the NFL rules in place for incoming players from college.

From their ruling: "Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft."

Edited by Captain Caveman

We get Dan Patrick here in SC and I wish we didn't. If he has any chance what so ever to talk about Basketball or himself he will. You'll even hear him ask other sport guys if they can dunk just so he can get back on the basketball topic. And he loves to be a name dropper and spends most of his shows bragging about himself who he's hanging out with. Lots of fluff and very little sports.

:thumbdown:

sorry, don't want to take this off topic, but... :lol: sure, they'll suspend Newton :lol:

Not laughing at you MiH, I think we're on the same side on this one.

We are on the same side, should be about 20 players from "The U" eliagable for the supplemental draft soon. 5 games for all of them! :lol:

who on the Bills coaching staff would have helped him improve like he has with the Eagles?

im not a big andy reid fan but you cant deny what he has done with QBs

i agree that the league office should not be involved in matters like this and wasnt saying i agreed with it, just signing with the eagles was the better choice for him

lol, man. this is some backwards ass logic.

let's let goodell take away all our future first round draft picks, because buffalo has proven in the past decade it can't develop talent, and it would be better for the league if those players could go to a philly, or a dallas, or a nyg, where they can truly shine! in fact, maybe we could just move dareus there now, so he has a chance to really shine.

here's the thing. anyone who watched vick come into the league knew the kid was special. i would have given an arm and a leg to have him here. he instantly would have been the best PLAYER we have had since kelly, forget qb. and that attracts free agents. look at all the movement to philly this year.

so to really get mad about this, just imagine a past where a vick led bills team finished 10-6, snagged a wild-card, cower wanted to come coach here, free agents wanted to sign here, and we were discussing a super bowl run this year.

as a bills fan, you have every right to demand rogers head on a spike. this is tampering x10000.

I didn't want Vick. I think that the Bills might have expressed mild interest, but I think it was more Dungy trying to find opportunities for Vick rather than the Bills pursuing and we seemed like a fit and there were informal talks. I think the Eagles were the only team that outright said they would sign him and the league said take the deal. That is my take on this. Who knows? I don't think Goodell would ever be dumb enough to tell players to snub a team.

Regardless of Vick as a human being, and whether or not you wanted him, the NFL told him that he should go to Philly instead of Buffalo or Cincy. And thats wrong. Now you have to ask yourself, has there been any other times the league has steered specific players or even coaches, to specific teams. Did the NFL quietly steer Shanahan and Cowher away from Buffalo? Do players on different teams get different punishments for the same offenses? Probably not, yet the shadow of a doubt creeps in. This is just bad for the credibility of the NFL.

They didn't suspend him for what he did in college, they suspended him because he made himself ineligible to return to school after the draft, thus, circumventing the NFL rules in place for incoming players from college.

From their ruling: "Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft."

If the league didn't want him to circumvent the NFL rules for incoming players they should have not let him into the supplimental draft, seems like an easy decision to me ... No mister Pryor, you are trying to "cheat the system" and we can't let you do that, but you are welcome to attend next years combine and apply for the draft at that time ... thank you very much.

The NFL is talking out of both sides of their mouth on this one, bottom line is ... Pryor can't circumvent the NFL's rules without the NFL's approval, if they approve him for the supplimental draft than he hasn't circumvented anything.

Edited by macaroni