" 'They' put me in the right situation"

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did put Vick in the right situation...as this town (and I suspect Cincy as well) would have blown a gasket if that POS had signed here.

I think you got it right about us Nanker for the most part. But Cinci does have a bit of fondness for questionable characters.

He was never going to end up in Buffalo, anyways.

Ralph, nor many of the fans here, would ever stand for a black starting quarterback or a black head coach.

NaP are you trying to stir up trouble you rabble rouser.

Dick Jauron was too preoccupied with Trent Edwards and Terrell Owens. God imagine if Trent had texted to Russ Brandon, "what about Vick?" Seriously we are 2 years removed from one of the most mismanaged professional sports teams in recent memory. As for this story Vick will likely miss half the season on a Jason Peters missed block, let's all put our focus elsewhere.

Ralph, nor many of the fans here, would ever stand for a black starting quarterback or a black head coach.

That is just plain stupid, Why do you talk? At least offer up something, ignorant comments like this are just annoying.

I get nothing is going to happen, it still is unethical.

All kidding aside, was it?

Vick wasn't ready to walk out of the prison yard and assume the mantle of savior of the Buffalo Bills. Consider that the Bills were being run by the "inner circle" and coached by Dick Jauron, who routinely appointed whatever wing nut happened to be his QB coach to be his offensive coordinator. Vick wasn't ready from day one and the coaching he would have received in Buffalo would've been a joke.

If you are Tony Dungy (or some other adviser appointed by the NFL), would you advise Vick to go to a situation with a stable coaching staff with a track record of developing QBs and where he could sit and get back into the flow of being an NFL player, or would you advise him to take a couple more bucks and get thrown to the wolves? Maybe you'd just tell him, "I'm there for you," and then ignore your cell phone when he called.

All kidding aside, was it?

Vick wasn't ready to walk out of the prison yard and assume the mantle of savior of the Buffalo Bills. Consider that the Bills were being run by the "inner circle" and coached by Dick Jauron, who routinely appointed whatever wing nut happened to be his QB coach to be his offensive coordinator. Vick wasn't ready from day one and the coaching he would have received in Buffalo would've been a joke.

If you are Tony Dungy (or some other adviser appointed by the NFL), would you advise Vick to go to a situation with a stable coaching staff with a track record of developing QBs and where he could sit and get back into the flow of being an NFL player, or would you advise him to take a couple more bucks and get thrown to the wolves? Maybe you'd just tell him, "I'm there for you," and then ignore your cell phone when he called.

I'll find the link but dungy was quoted as saying we were a very likely destination for Vick as well as being a place he could step right in and make a difference. I cant really comment on the QB coaching that he would receive and I dont really care. He is one of the most talented players the NFL has seen recently and maybe ever. I am upset that pressure was put on him not to come to Buffalo. And before Vick got to philly what history of developing QB's did they have ???? Also I think the pressure in Philadelphia would have been more than it was here.

Vick did get the best advice to go to Philly. But Goodell or anyone in his inner circle should not have been a part of this advice giving process. It's unethical tampering plain and simple. I'm glad it came out so we are all more aware, informed and cautious.

I suppose it's best to gather more info to confirm this incident. Many, including me on occassion jump on something too quickly without doing proper due diligence. But if this is all true then effin f#%k goodell for tampering. It's all about ethics. And doing what's right.

Edited by Pilsner

Google James "Shack" Harris and then apologize for characterizing Ralph as intolerant. <_<

Why let facts get in the way of a good argument...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blackhistory2007/news/story?id=2762569

http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesharris/2515950/profile

I'll find the link but dungy was quoted as saying we were a very likely destination for Vick as well as being a place he could step right in and make a difference. I cant really comment on the QB coaching that he would receive and I dont really care. He is one of the most talented players the NFL has seen recently and maybe ever. I am upset that pressure was put on him not to come to Buffalo. And before Vick got to philly what history of developing QB's did they have ???? Also I think the pressure in Philadelphia would have been more than it was here.

From the story, Vick didn't say exactly that he was denied from signing with another team. He said "they put me in the right situation." The author of the story speculates that means Goodell told him he had to sign with Philadelphia. (I'm sure this was an accident and he didn't realize it might up his hit count to insinuate unethical or even sinister goings on where taking place. ;) )

It's not unlikely that whoever it was that helped Vick may have helped make a list of pros and cons to each situation and helped him make an informed decision that was based on more than, "Gee, who's offering the most money." You know, kind of how an adult might make a major life-changing decision.

Tried it once briefly 40 years ago.

Nice argument.

:thumbsup:

OMG just go talk in another thread or make your own and talk to yourself. We dont want to hear what you have to say its moronic and you accusing the organization for not signing a QB because he is black its absolutely racist. Go Away!