for the love of all that's good and holy...

oh my sweet jeebus! i have read all kinds of threads on here hoping to find some excited/insightful comments and conversations on here. and believe me, there are some. but it seems i can't get 2 or 3 posts into a thread without someone calling someone else a moron for trying to find positives or show a little faith in what a coach or front office person are doing. so on behalf of those of us that want to be true Billievers...

QUIT CRAPPIN" IN OUR CORN FLAKES!

oh my sweet jeebus! i have read all kinds of threads on here hoping to find some excited/insightful comments and conversations on here. and believe me, there are some. but it seems i can't get 2 or 3 posts into a thread without someone calling someone else a moron for trying to find positives or show a little faith in what a coach or front office person are doing. so on behalf of those of us that want to be true Billievers...

:cry:

I'm not sure what you consider as delusional, an optimist, a realist or a pessimist.

If you're knocking people who flame statements made by the delusional, then I disagree. On the other hand, if you're flaming the ones who have made statements in my pessimist category, then right on!

Here are my definitions based on what I see.

Delusional:

This team will make the playoffs.

Maybin will not only make the team but be in the Pro Bowl

Gailey will be Coach of the Year.

Extend Bell, and Pears NOW, best O-line in the league.

Optimist:

Merriman will stay healthy & the D will be greatly improved

This team can stay in the playoff hunt until December

Some of the questionable players will emerge, big time.

Realist:

We can grow as a team, improve our win total and settle some positions.

Merriman will be a force if he can stay healthy.

Fitzpatrick may be able to earn a starter's extension.

Darius can be Rookie of the Year.

Pessimist:

We're almost the worst team in the league & will go 2-14, but Miami will go 1-15 and Andrew Luck will haunt us for the next decade and a half as a Dolphin, while we never make the playoffs again & move to LA.

Merriman will end up on IR before mid-season.

All the draft choices will be busts

Gailey will get fired

Because of the bad O-line, all the QBs will go down by week 6 and Brian Brohm will be called back to start.

As one of the optimists, I ignore much of the crap, as it's mostly trolls. Also, we're all simply stating opinions.

Truth will show itself soon enough....

As one of the optimists, I ignore much of the crap, as it's mostly trolls. Also, we're all simply stating opinions.

Truth will show itself soon enough....

i am generally optimistic to a fault. i believe every year that we could be right in the mix if a few things go our way. i have given the benefit of the doubt and stood right behind williams, mularky, jauron, and now gailey. i stood behind losman, edwards, and now i am fully behind fitzpatrick. bottom line is i am a bills fan and i will always hope for the best and i will always believe it possible...even if it's not probable.

You're a moron.

My guess is that the people who anonymously call others "morons" on sites like this are repressed in real life and unable to express their inner frustrations. They say on the internet the things they don't dare say face-to-face. They have weak egos and suffer from "short man's syndrome" (no offense to the vertically challenged) - cutting others off at the knees to feel and appear taller.

Whatever the reason, it's discourteous. Disagreeing with someone else's opinion is no reason for an ad hominem attack. Life gives us enough sh*t as it is - diseases, taxes, politicians, economic downturns, bad backs, erectile dysfunction, etc. We don't need to give each other sh*t too. Not when we're all on the same (extended) team.

i am generally optimistic to a fault. i believe every year that we could be right in the mix if a few things go our way. i have given the benefit of the doubt and stood right behind williams, mularky, jauron, and now gailey. i stood behind losman, edwards, and now i am fully behind fitzpatrick. bottom line is i am a bills fan and i will always hope for the best and i will always believe it possible...even if it's not probable.

I try to be rationally optimistic, but no one is right all the time, well almost no one...

When Jauron passed on Ngata for Whitner, I was leery of that regime. The two drafts under this new regime make me optimistic.

I'm not sure what you consider as delusional, an optimist, a realist or a pessimist.

If you're knocking people who flame statements made by the delusional, then I disagree. On the other hand, if you're flaming the ones who have made statements in my pessimist category, then right on!

Here are my definitions based on what I see.

Delusional:

This team will make the playoffs.

Maybin will not only make the team but be in the Pro Bowl

Gailey will be Coach of the Year.

Extend Bell, and Pears NOW, best O-line in the league.

Optimist:

Merriman will stay healthy & the D will be greatly improved

This team can stay in the playoff hunt until December

Some of the questionable players will emerge, big time.

Realist:

We can grow as a team, improve our win total and settle some positions.

Merriman will be a force if he can stay healthy.

Fitzpatrick may be able to earn a starter's extension.

Darius can be Rookie of the Year.

Pessimist:

We're almost the worst team in the league & will go 2-14, but Miami will go 1-15 and Andrew Luck will haunt us for the next decade and a half as a Dolphin, while we never make the playoffs again & move to LA.

Merriman will end up on IR before mid-season.

All the draft choices will be busts

Gailey will get fired

Because of the bad O-line, all the QBs will go down by week 6 and Brian Brohm will be called back to start.

I'd say making the playoffs would be more optimistic than delusional, this is the NFL, anything can happen.