Bills front office

Catmanjax

The question was "this front office..." as in Nix and Gailey. Have they been here 10 years?

What is strange is how the same people complain about everything and yet they are still here every year. The NFL has 31 other teams. Pick one.

PTR

can't tell you how many times I wanted to type the same thing...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I actually do agree with what they are doing on the team in terms of bringing in a lot of young talent and insisting on saving cap room to resign their young player (hopefully), I will say this: Marshawn Lynch was traded for a 4th rounder and a conditional 6th round pick. Lee Evans (likely a more valuable player for the Ravens than Lynch was to the 'Hawks- though debatable) was traded for only a 4th round pick. This isn't TOO scary until you realize that Nix apparently didn't even think about the fact that a 4th round pick from the Ravens is more like a 5th round pick. I think the trade itself was done poorly and it makes me wary of the FO. That's not the only thing though. I don't expect huge splashes in free agency at this point in the game, but depth is obviously a HUGE problem for our O-line and even if we went out and got another Cornell Green (bust) it would be better than sitting on our hands about it. The season hasn't started yet, and we don't really know what we have, or if another lineman will be added, so I suppose I should reserve most judgment.

Translation = Go to Ruth's Chris steak house, get served McDonald's and just shut up and take it.....quietly!

Ok. Complain then. I assure you NOBODY IS LISTENING. I think Marv Levy once said that the quickest way out of a job in the NFL is to listen to the fans.

NO !!!! HOW BOUT WE DEMAND MORE FROM THEM ???

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that we were entitled to a winning franchise. I got a better idea pimp, go strap on some pads, go to St. John Fisher and try to make the squad.

How exactly could it pay off? Do we hope that the Bills strike gold with that 4th round pick? Do you want to see a list of their 4th round picks over the last few years? Just not sure what they were trying to accomplish here.

I take it that you're not buying into the fanciful notions that they will package this pick and make all kinds of draft moves after they've made a big splash in free agency.

Their team building approach? Well, the owner has said the fans need to experience some pain and show patience which is probably what the GM has told him. The owner has also said it'll take 3-4 years. Compare that to a team like the '10 Bucs who showed a 7 win improvement from '09 (3 to 10 wins) in a tough division. Or the 2008 Falcons who had a new QB, new HC, new GM and managed to make the playoffs. Or perhaps the '08 Dolphins who won 11 games after being the laughingstock of the NFL in 2007.

This mindset that it absolutely takes 3-4 years to turn around a franchise is asinine. Buddy and Chan may have only been in charge since '10, but unless this team wins 8 games in 2011, I consider the rebuild to be failing.

When Nix took over the Bills were essentially an expansion caliber team. No matter how impatient you are it is going to take the time frame (assuming the drafting is done smartly) that has been stated. If you expect the Bills to win 8 games this year or else you will declare it a failure then I recommend that you don't even bother for the season to begin. Just register it in your book as a failure. This team is not an 8 win caliber of team.

The shame of the situation is not only was the Jauron/Levy/Brandon era a failure it also set the franchise further back. Nix is starting his tenure by steadily clearing out the garbage that he was handed. Before Nix even took the reigns the wretched owner and clownish staff he assembled set the franchise back by years. It is going to take time before this Ralph Wilson freak show operation becomes a serious team. Whether you accept it or not there is no other way around it.

don't you mean 10 years into rebuild? teams don't go a decade without the playoffs, it's ridiculous in so many ways.......and strangly some fans are still buying this crap

OK if thats the way you want it.I'm pointing my finger at you and telling the world that the last 5 huge screw ups at your company were because of you and you alone.Don't give me any cr*p about you not being there,according to you it doesn't matter.

Ok. Complain then. I assure you NOBODY IS LISTENING. I think Marv Levy once said that the quickest way out of a job in the NFL is to listen to the fans.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that we were entitled to a winning franchise. I got a better idea pimp, go strap on some pads, go to St. John Fisher and try to make the squad.

What a LOSER's mentality...why do you want me too strap up and try-out, my day has come & gone. But I'm still 6'2" 235 lbs not far off from my college ball days, the issue is with keeping OBD honest with their approach to building the team and not constantly drinking the kool-aid.

Nix and company started with a team that didn't win for years,lots of roster spots and cap room not to mention a restless fan base. How would you describe their teambuilging approach:creative,aggressive,patient,lame.?

Thrifty

and

Sears on sale.

You must understand that the basic principle of the whole organization is that "The Bills" are simply an investment property to be sold when Ralph dies. The team is being run in minimal caretaker mode to provide the greatest return on investment until that time. The true value of the team is that it is one of only 32 teams in the NFL. The NFL is only real game in town in the US. That exclusivity is what creates the value of the team to potential buyers. There is no pride or interest in winning or even offering a truly competitive team, there is no "love of the sport", because there is no PROFIT in pride or love of the game. It is simply a business investment. The ownership will do just enough to not have the rest of the league force them to sell prematurely, and nothing more. Deal with it Buffalo!

The question was "this front office..." as in Nix and Gailey. Have they been here 10 years?

What is strange is how the same people complain about everything and yet they are still here every year. The NFL has 31 other teams. Pick one.

PTR

It is a process. Offense will be a throwing offense, fun but inconsistent. D will be better, but on the field a lot. 5 or 6 wins. Lose the Luck lottery, some other team gets the best QB prospect in 15 years, and the process continues.

By the time this team is really good again, it will have been sold and moved, if the team is truly sold to the highest bidder. Only a fool (or someone for whom business principles do not apply to their football franchise) tries to make a return on $800m in WNY. So the point is, stop bitching and truly enjoy WMD (love that acronym for Williams/Merriman/Dareus) while you can. No negatives please. You are likely rooting on borrowed time.

A winning franchise? At this point I'd settle for a step up to competent franchise.