Roscoe is Hurt

saundena

Actually I think what you posted there actually verifies exactly what I was making of it. As his playing time has gone up, his games played has gone down. What you just presented shows that he is playing less and less every year due to injury. That also doesn't include the various games which he was forced to leave early.

In 2009, Jauron benched him for what was basically the rest of the season after his fumble against Cleveland. He was playing the entire season in the 16 game years as well. Not sure what you're getting at there. You said he plays "only for the few weeks a year he's healthy." Last year was the least he's ever played in his entire career.

Edited by stony

The Bills didn't win a single game with Roscoe in the lineup. They went 4-4 once he was out.

What's your point?

Rather than make a vague correlation, please show me where--specifically--the addition/subtraction of Roscoe Parish had more of an impact on overall game results than defense, special teams, running game, and everything else in between...combined.

Yours is the kind of asinine logic that makes TSW, at times, unbearable.

A lot of posters don't think Davis is going to make the team...But I think Nix has already made up his mind, he loves this guy from his SD scouting days. Roosevelt better hope Parrish continues to get hurt every play (which he probably will).

Roscoe is a great option for this team. If he's out I'm less optomistic for the passing game.

I saw the play last night that Parrish came out. The ball was a bit overthrown and Parrish ran hard for it. He didnt get there in time, but continued running to end zone, then slowly walked back down the sideline while practice resumed. He walked over to what I assume were trainers and they briefly looked at his leg. He didnt appear to be limping or anything, just walking slow. They didnt seem to be that concerned, just stood there and talked. He took his helmet off and his night was over (this was late in practice). Its possible its all precautionary?

Yes, Gailey said it was precautionary.

No, getting rid of Roscoe is a bad idea. Just like it's a bad idea to get rid of Evans. People don't think about the respect that certain offensive threats command. The last 8 games that Roscoe missed, the whole offense experienced a decrease in production, which is noticed in Stevie's lack of consistency in that stretch (3 TDs against Cinci and then 1 TD in the other 7 games). The 3 games that Evans missed, Stevie had 0 TDs and our Offense scored 17, 3, and then 7. Sure you could say that these people's places could be taken, but until anyone steps up as a consistent play-maker, defenses will blanket Stevie and our offense will suffer.

Games with Roscoe: 18.75 PPG

Games without Roscoe: 16.63 PPG

Games with at least Evans: 19.69 PPG

Last three games with neither one? 9 PPG

Good, reliable guys like Donald Jones, Naaman Roosevelt and David Nelson are great to have to fill the holes, but they benefited from having Stevie and Evans in the game. Roscoe benefited but provided more dynamic, so there was a larger PPG while he was in. When Roscoe and Evans were out, and our offense was one-dimensional, the result was pathetic.

What's your point?

Rather than make a vague correlation, please show me where--specifically--the addition/subtraction of Roscoe Parish had more of an impact on overall game results than defense, special teams, running game, and everything else in between...combined.

Yours is the kind of asinine logic that makes TSW, at times, unbearable.

Checkmate.