JH's Final 53 Man Roster

There have been a lot of discussions in the shoutbox regarding how many receivers will make the team, how many LB's we will keep, which DB's will make the final roster, etc... I know that it's waaaayyyy premature, but I though I'd take a stab (based upon what I've heard from camp already) at the final 53 man roster. Please feel free to post your final roster if you wish.

(1) K - Lindell

(1) P - Moorman

(1) LS - Sanborn

(9) OL - Wood, Levitre, Bell, Pears, Urbik, Howard, Hairston, Rinehart, Hangartner

(3) TE - Chandler, Martin, Caussin

(6) WR - Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parrish, Jones, Easley

(3) QB - Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, Smith

(3) RB - Jackson, Spiller, White

(1) FB - McIntyre

(7) DL - Dareus, Edwards, Williams, Troup, Carrington, Johnson, Jasper

(9) LB - Merriman, Kelsay, Barnett, Batten, Coleman, Sheppard, Moats, Davis, White

(9) DB - McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Williams, Corner, Wilson, Scott, Byrd, Searcy

Possible practice squad players: Levi Brown, Zach Pianalto, Kamar Aiken, Naaman Roosevelt (I think he's eligible, he only played in 6 games last season), & Justin Rodgers.

FLAME AWAY!!! :devil:

I don't know if I'd let Justin Rogers hit waivers. I think he'd get scooped up. I havent seen this caussin kid play, do I don't know if I'd drop Nelson for him at this point. Maybe keep Nelson and caussin and drop Martin? I know Nelson can't stay healthy but I dunno if I'd totally give up on him yet. The rest seems good to me. I dunno of they play on keeping 9 LBs, but it seems like a good idea to some of the potential there and the fact that it seems like we lose 3-4 lbs every year to injury. I could see maybin making the roster, but could care less if we cut him

Wow, great job!

My one and only complaint is that you cut (circumcised?) Wang from the roster. Isn't it a little too early to rule him out? He's a 5th round pick who spent much of his rookie season injured. He's just now getting reps at LT after playing exclusively as a guard last year, and - surprise, surprise - former Pro Bowler Merriman is regularly beating him in practice. How many other players besides Bell can even play LT on this roster? Levitre and...?

I don't know if I'd let Justin Rogers hit waivers. I think he'd get scooped up. I havent seen this caussin kid play, do I don't know if I'd drop Nelson for him at this point. Maybe keep Nelson and caussin and drop Martin? I know Nelson can't stay healthy but I dunno if I'd totally give up on him yet. The rest seems good to me. I dunno of they play on keeping 9 LBs, but it seems like a good idea to some of the potential there and the fact that it seems like we lose 3-4 lbs every year to injury. I could see maybin making the roster, but could care less if we cut him

I thought long and hard about subbing Rogers for Corner, but have heard very positive thing coming out of training camp about Corner. With regard to Nelson, I'm getting really tired of watching him on the sidelines because he is NEVER healthy. Time to move on in my opinion. I like keeping Chandler and Martin at TE, both 270 pounds plus of run blocking, and also keeping Caussin as more of a pass catching threat. According to reports, he has looked really good at camp. I thought long and hard about keeping just two tight ends, and adding a 7th receiver to the active roster (Roosevelt).

Wow, great job!

My one and only complaint is that you cut (circumcised?) Wang from the roster. Isn't it a little too early to rule him out? He's a 5th round pick who spent much of his rookie season injured. He's just now getting reps at LT after playing exclusively as a guard last year, and - surprise, surprise - former Pro Bowler Merriman is regularly beating him in practice. How many other players besides Bell can even play LT on this roster? Levitre and...?

I've seen and heard enough about Want to determine that he will never be a starting caliber Tackle in the NFL...let him go. We have enough depth on the interior of the line, so I don;t think we need him there. As far as depth at LT, Howard and Hairston have both been getting rep's behind Wang.

i would keep 2 t.e instead of 3 and add roosevelt to the active roster. Id also cut corner and put justin rogers in there. other then that its pretty damn good

These are both very good points, and I considered both of them. I suppose we will have to continue to see how things play out during the pre-season. Justin Rodgers has had some injury issues, and (reportedly) Corner had been playing pretty well.

I think you're probably pretty accurate. I'm noticing some debatable predictions though:

You cut Maybin and McCargo. You kept Mt. Jasper on the 53 man squad despite his rawness. You put Roosevelt on the Practice Squad despite the fine camp he's having.

Not saying you're wrong. I'm just noticing.

I really doubt Easley makes the team. Guy hasn't been on the field enough to make any impression except for the pictures from "Camp Fitz" in Arizona. Really don't know why everyone seems to be in love with him. Namaan takes his place.

Exspect a rash of ankles and knee and shoulder injuries just prior to cuts ,putting guys on ir for the year,,and stashed till next year,

list is close,not sure about kelsey ,davis ,corner, or evans??

Agreed on the injury factor playing into this, but do you really think they would cut Chris Kelsay? I could see the others being released, but after the contract extension, why would they cut Kelsay at this point?

I think you're probably pretty accurate. I'm noticing some debatable predictions though:

You cut Maybin and McCargo. You kept Mt. Jasper on the 53 man squad despite his rawness. You put Roosevelt on the Practice Squad despite the fine camp he's having.

Not saying you're wrong. I'm just noticing.

Just noticed you didn't notice mccargo is already gone

I really doubt Easley makes the team. Guy hasn't been on the field enough to make any impression except for the pictures from "Camp Fitz" in Arizona. Really don't know why everyone seems to be in love with him. Namaan takes his place.

Because he's big, fast, sure-handed and made a strong impression on his peers last pre-season and this off-season? Nothin to see here!

There have been a lot of discussions in the shoutbox regarding how many receivers will make the team, how many LB's we will keep, which DB's will make the final roster, etc... I know that it's waaaayyyy premature, but I though I'd take a stab (based upon what I've heard from camp already) at the final 53 man roster. Please feel free to post your final roster if you wish.

(1) K - Lindell

(1) P - Moorman

(1) LS - Sanborn

(9) OL - Wood, Levitre, Bell, Pears, Urbik, Howard, Hairston, Rinehart, Hangartner

(1) FB - McIntyre

(9) LB - Merriman, Kelsay, Barnett, Batten, Coleman, Sheppard, Moats, Davis, White

(9) DB - McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Williams, Corner, Wilson, Scott, Byrd, Searcy

Possible practice squad players: Levi Brown, Zach Pianalto, Kamar Aiken, Naaman Roosevelt (I think he's eligible, he only played in 6 games last season), & Justin Rodgers.

Great job on the original 53 - as mentioned maybe Wang and Rogers for two of Jasper, Batten, Coleman, Corner.

Wish there was room for 8 WRs (including Smith), but just a logjam there. Jones (if eligible), Easley, and Roosevelt all might sneak through to the practice squad without getting picked up, if cut, in my opinion. There are a lot of good receivers in the NFL.

We kept picking up TEs last year when guys got hurt, so despite everyone saying we don't use them, they apparently like to have them around and I suspect they'll keep 3 again. Personally, if we got 3 new ones that were waived by other teams to replace the TEs currently in camp I don't think it would make a difference.

Great job on the original 53 - as mentioned maybe Wang and Rogers for two of Jasper, Batten, Coleman, Corner.

Wish there was room for 8 WRs (including Smith), but just a logjam there. Jones (if eligible), Easley, and Roosevelt all might sneak through to the practice squad without getting picked up, if cut, in my opinion. There are a lot of good receivers in the NFL.

We kept picking up TEs last year when guys got hurt, so despite everyone saying we don't use them, they apparently like to have them around and I suspect they'll keep 3 again. Personally, if we got 3 new ones that were waived by other teams to replace the TEs currently in camp I don't think it would make a difference.

Hey… welcome to the board.

(1) K - Lindell

(1) P - Moorman

(1) LS - Sanborn

(1) FB - McIntyre

Not flaming as I was working on mine yesterday and it is really, really similar :thumbsup: , My changes: Caussin and Chandler as the only TEs (last year we had 3 but less talent in general, why waste a roster spot on a marginal player who makes it obvious we are going to run?) I think Rossie goes on the WR roster and maybe depending on health and the rest of camp Easley, if not straight up cut or PS/IR.

My surprise vet cut is S. Johnson, Jasper makes the roster just for being to tempting for other teams if he is PSed.

Oline I would cut Horward (I know Gailey likes him though) because Mansfield Wrotto, got a new contract, I doubt he is cut. I have one spot open because I don't know about Easley and of course there are other team cuts and PS players trade possibilities to come.

Here's mine:

(1) K - Lindell

(1) P - Moorman

(1) LS - Sanborn

(2) TE - Chandler, Martin

(7) WR - Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parrish, Jones, Easley, Roosevelt

(1) FB - McIntyre

(9) LB - Merriman, Kelsay, Barnett, Batten, Coleman, Sheppard, Moats, Davis, Torbor

Practice squad players: Levi Brown, Zach Pianalto, Kamar Aiken, Chris White & Justin Rodgers & two more

Possible option is that if Easley shows up in preseason and remains healthy, we possibly trade Evans. Then we add either Rodgers or White to the active roster.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

I've seen and heard enough about Wang to determine that he will never be a starting caliber Tackle in the NFL...let him go. We have enough depth on the interior of the line, so I don;t think we need him there. As far as depth at LT, Howard and Hairston have both been getting rep's behind Wang.

Wow.

OT is a position it seems to take the "best" several years to mature at, Wang was injured last season, and the preseason hasn't started yet - and you know he will never be an NFL starter?

Wow.

I think the fact Howard and Hairston have been getting reps BEHIND Wang should say the coaches see something.

I don't get the Easley love. Man was injured last year, man got injured at the start of training camp this year. He might be the 2nd coming of Randy Moss, but in what way has he shown enough to keep him on the team over guys who have actually done something, like Roosevelt?

Wow.

OT is a position it seems to take the "best" several years to mature at, Wang was injured last season, and the preseason hasn't started yet - and you know he will never be an NFL starter?

Wow.

I think the fact Howard and Hairston have been getting reps BEHIND Wang should say the coaches see something.

I don't get the Easley love. Man was injured last year, man got injured at the start of training camp this year. He might be the 2nd coming of Randy Moss, but in what way has he shown enough to keep him on the team over guys who have actually done something, like Roosevelt?

You're absolutely correct. I shouldn't make assertions about Wang's potential to be a starting caliber NFL left tackle, when he really hasn't been given enough of a chance to develop and prove his worth.

Allow me to re-phrase.

In my opinion, based upon what I've seen and reports I've heard from camp, Ed Wang does not have the skill necessary to be a contributing member of this team THIS SEASON and will be released. The fact that Wang is getting 1st team reps ahead of Howard and Hairston suggests to me that the coaching staff is really taking a good, long look at him before making a decision about his worth and his potential to make this team. Thus far, according to reports, he has not looked the part. He has been consistently schooled by pass-rushers, and although it was reported that he "dominated" Aaron Maybin during 1 on 1 drills (some feat), it was also reported that Maybin had his way with Wang during the 11 on 11 drills.

I think everyone can agree that if Bell goes down during the regular season, Wang is NOT coming off the bench to replace him. It would ether be Howard...Hairston if he shows that he deserves a chance, or they would move Hangartner to LG and slide Levitre over to LT.

Again...these are just my "educated" opinions.

With regard to all of the "Easley love"...the guy is a physical specimen at 6'2" 225 pounds, has great hands, and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. Roosevelt, although I will admit he is a player who would contribute both on offense and on special teams, does not have the potential as a playmaker that Easley does. In 6 games last season, Roosevelt had 9 catches for 139 yards and 0 TD's.

Again, because he is an asset on special teams, and he appears to be a "player," I really hope Rosey makes the roster. If given the choice between Easley and Roosevelt, however, it's Easley all day long. I suspect the coaches, and most posters on this message board, would tend to agree with this. That being said....Easley's health is certainly a big concern. We'll just have to see how things shake out.