A lot of people think the Bills stink

Let 'em say what they want. It's like the '05-'06 Sabres. Let us come out of nowhere. We may not be top 10% this year, but we'll start working our way out the basement. I'd rather blow their minds than have to fight exceedingly ridiculous expectations (SEE: PHILLY (disclaimer: I'm not saying Philly won't, and that there is any reason to believe that they can't, I just hate a ton of hype))

:wallbash:

Yes. Just like that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear one moron (Clayton) say it, and other brain dead zombies follow. Do yourself a favor and stop watching ESPN or going to their website.

Claytons horrible, it seems he only knows elite players and teams, his assessment of lower teams and blatant disregard concerning knowledge of less than great players pisses me off.

He should only report transactions, but look on the bright side, he is almost always wrong

Here's a good one.

The other day Colin Cowturd from ESPN radio was running down a one-sentence comment on each NFL team. When he got to the Bills he said...

"Just move already"

He basically said the same thing about JAX. We will again be bad this year. I'm not going to go on a Ralph rant, but I dont see any turn around for this franchise until it's owned by someone else. Ralph may not be the cheapskate a lot of people think he is, but in the words of George Costanza to Steinbrenner....

"I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves you have made with this fine organization. In the past ten years, you have caused myself, and the city of Buffalo, a good deal of distress as we have watched you take our beloved Bills and reduced them to a laughing stock, all for the glorification of your massive ego."

Sorry Ralph. It had to be said.

Here's a good one.

The other day Colin Cowturd from ESPN radio was running down a one-sentence comment on each NFL team. When he got to the Bills he said...

"Just move already"

He basically said the same thing about JAX. We will again be bad this year. I'm not going to go on a Ralph rant, but I dont see any turn around for this franchise until it's owned by someone else. Ralph may not be the cheapskate a lot of people think he is, but in the words of George Costanza to Steinbrenner....

"I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves you have made with this fine organization. In the past ten years, you have caused myself, and the city of Buffalo, a good deal of distress as we have watched you take our beloved Bills and reduced them to a laughing stock, all for the glorification of your massive ego."

Sorry Ralph. It had to be said.

All I read was blah blah blah

We will be good, we will win, and you should root for the steelers, they are always good

It's funny how you never saw a patriots hat in the 90's but now they are all over.

Easy to cheer for teams with lots of hype and money.

Well guess what, we are still the only team to make it to four superbowls in a row, and that was with Ralph owning the team

Another thing, in baseball, everybody wanted to contract the twins, well they have been winning for ten years now.

Week one we will start our streak and we will see you down the road in new England with your Brady jersey on

Many of the so called mainstream "analysts" (the key word being the 1st half of the word) honestly do not know their football and do not do their homework and it doesn't just apply to the Bills. I've heard and read some pretty stupid or uninformed stories from several of the big name sports orgs over the last 8 to 10 years and really miss the older guys who knew and researched the sport and the players regularly.

Nowadays it is all about hype and personal bias instead of facts and game performance so get used to it because I don't see it changing any time soon.

I have to admit the Bills have earned some of the rep, though not all of it.

Edited by hammie65

I find it funny that everyone disrespects the Lions or have in the past, but the reality is that over the last 10 years or so we haven't bern much better. You have to earn respect and we haven't.

Everyone thinks we should be thought of a little higher but we only won 4 games last year. I don't care how close we were, we lost those games. We need to win at least 9 games, probably more, to gain respect. Once we do that people will change their opinions about us.

Many of the so called mainstream "analysts" (the key word being the 1st half of the word) honestly do not know their football and do not do their homework and it doesn't just apply to the Bills. I've heard and read some pretty stupid or uninformed stories from several of the big name sports orgs over the last 8 to 10 years and really miss the older guys who knew and researched the sport and the players regularly.

Nowadays it is all about hype and personal bias instead of facts and game performance so get used to it because I don't see it changing any time soon.

I have to admit the Bills have earned some of the rep, though not all of it.

This is all true, but it doesn't mean they are wrong this time.

It really got worse IMO when TD was dumped. Say what you will about some of his moves, but he was pretty well respected by the rest of the NFL & the national media. Replacing him with friggin' Marv was absolutely ridiculous, figurehead or no figurehead, he had no business being a GM... the NFL knew it, the national media knew it, everyone except for some misguided homer Bills fans knew it.. And when Marv'/DJs regime proved to be a unmitigated disaster, the loser image was ingrained nation-wide. .Last year was a step in the right direction, at least the team was fun to watch the 2nd half of the season.... but the only way to change that image is to start winning again. Winning instead of losing some of those heartbreaker games would be a big, big help.

People who know football (Not national pundits who just see a 4-12 team without any big free agent splashes and say hey they will suck) are actually giving the Bills some respect. While a few are predicting the Bills to surprise with an above .500 record the guys who actually know football are pegging us for 6-8 wins and taking a step up.

We finished 4-4 last season and we had a nice draft and a decent free agency period. I am pegging the Bills at 7-9 and hoping for .500 or better.

If you actually look at the team instead of just going off of the surface (4-12 no flashy moves) you might not see a good team but you will see a team that is far from the worst team in football.

Grow up skippy. I'm 51 and have seen games at the Rockpile. I dont need any punk who ate a big lunch to lecture me. We suck, we have sucked, and we will continue to suck until there is a change at the top. Four Super Bowl trips mean NOTHING. You got to win. Obviously, you're ok with second best, I'm not. blah, blah, blah, punk.

All I read was blah blah blah

We will be good, we will win, and you should root for the steelers, they are always good

It's funny how you never saw a patriots hat in the 90's but now they are all over.

Easy to cheer for teams with lots of hype and money.

Well guess what, we are still the only team to make it to four superbowls in a row, and that was with Ralph owning the team

Another thing, in baseball, everybody wanted to contract the twins, well they have been winning for ten years now.

Week one we will start our streak and we will see you down the road in new England with your Brady jersey on

You know as a Bill fan I think "hey if that guy can get and stay healthy" "and that guy got a little experience so he should be better now" "and player x put on some weight so he'll be better" and "they'll know the system now" "and what are the odds of getting 15+ players injured for the 3rd straight year"

or to sum it up " lets see Dareus our first round pick will make our DL better and a better DL will make our LBs better and better LBs will make our DBs better so we will have a better defense and that will give our offense more chances which will tire out the opposing defense which will make Spiller more effective which will open things up for Fitzy which will bring Evans back to form which will open things up for Johnson which will clear things out for Chandler which will make the offense explosive and run up the score which will let the DLine pin back it's ears which will make Kyle Williams a super star which will help Dareus."

Strangely enough I don't make these logic chains for the Jags or Panthers or the Bengals

excellent

If anyone here is old enough to remember the 1988 season, no one saw the Bills getting within one game of the Super Bowl. In fact I vividly recall every publication and TV show picking us for last place. Fact is no one sees the freight train coming until it runs them over. Gailey must be dancing a jig over the Bills being overlooked. We want that. No better place for us to be.

FYI:

1986 Bills 4-12

1987 Bills 7-8

1988 Bills 12-4

PTR

Promo, I remember th '88 season. Wasn't that the missed catch by Ronnie Harmon in the end zone that would have won it for us?

Promo, I remember th '88 season. Wasn't that the missed catch by Ronnie Harmon in the end zone that would have won it for us?

That was the '89 season. We lost the first round playoff game to Cleveland. In '88 we went all the way to the AFC title game and lost to Cincinnati. Hard to believe at one time the Bills and Bengals were the class of the AFC.

PTR

There's a guy here who uses Steve Somers of WFAN as his avatar; I was listening to Somers on Saturday afternoon, and he got a (rare) call from a Bills fan. He thinks we have nothing. At any position. Anywhere.

Edited by Red Squirrel

At 4-12 last year, and no big splash in free agency, there is really not too much to talk about.

Peter King had a nice write up about the Bills (offense) in SI's Monday Morning QB article, or thread, or whatever that is. Essentially fluffing Fitz as a good fantasy pick.

And I saw a story on PFT about the Brad Smith move that was positive.

Grow up skippy. I'm 51 and have seen games at the Rockpile. I dont need any punk who ate a big lunch to lecture me. We suck, we have sucked, and we will continue to suck until there is a change at the top. Four Super Bowl trips mean NOTHING. You got to win. Obviously, you're ok with second best, I'm not. blah, blah, blah, punk.

Yeah I would be fine with second best right now

The pundits, including the folks at ESPN who everyone here loves to hate, picked the Bills to be among the worst teams in the NFL last year.

They were right.

I hope they will be wrong this year - it happens every once in a while. But literally every person who follows the NFL that isn't a Bills fan thinks the Bills are again going to compete for the title of Supreme Failure.

There is a reason for this. The reason isn't because they are somehow prejudiced against the city of Buffalo. It is because the Bills have limited talent, and year after year fail to make their team better in meaningful ways.

We can still catch lightning in a bottle and win some games, but people here could stand to lose the persecution complex. Everyone isn't out to get us - we just stink and have for a decade.

Edited by akm0404