The top (bottom) 100 most delayed flights

Beerball

I always avoid NYC (Newark, LaGuardia, JFK) airports, O'hare, and Atlanta whenever possible. If your going to be delayed, seems like it always involves one of these cities/airports. Actually it usually seems like it starts in Chicago and spirals out of control from there.

From an airline standpoint, USAirways is the worst, Continental a close second. I usually try to fly Delta (have friend who is high up and hooks me up all the time), and will accept a trip through Atlanta to stay on Delta.

One annoyance I see is that some airlines (see US AIRWAYS), seem to cancel flights for no apparent reason. It could be a beautiful summer day with no awful weather conditions around the country and BAM, cancelled flight. Actually, I saw this a few weeks ago on a Delta flight before mine from Baltimore to Atlanta. They just cancelled the one b/f mine and then the people from that flight were all trying to re-book onto mine. The way i see it, the airlines sometimes quietly cancel flights if they are not full....or they feel they can accomodate most of the inconvenienced passengers throughout the day. I don't know... I try to fly Southwest. They always have their act together and don't cancel flights for no reason. I've seen them fly into Buffalo during some very iffy weather conditions when other airlines cancelled.

Edited by zow2

Went through Newark on Wednesday.... Flight to Boston from there was significantly delayed. Also got lucky because I was about to change to an Amex premier card to get access to Continental airport clubs. Continental just announced they are discontinuing this relationship.

I always avoid NYC (Newark, LaGuardia, JFK) airports, O'hare, and Atlanta whenever possible. If your going to be delayed, seems like it always involves one of these cities/airports. Actually it usually seems like it starts in Chicago and spirals out of control from there.

Chicago is my most hated airport. I've never been through there at any time of year or day and NOT been delayed, and usually it's a LONG delay. I haven't been through there in a few years, and I'll pay extra to keep clear.

I don't have too much experience with ORD, but I have been mildly impressed with Midway. They have a really good sandwich shop near the SWA terminal, where I have spent an inordinate time; I've been frequently delayed by SWA, but nine times out of ten it was weather or some such problem. Southwest is the way to go for me.