A 53 man roster to consider.......

My 53 man Roster as of 8-3-11.....

OFFENSE (25):

QB (3) Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, Smith (Smith's versatility is huge)

RB (3) Jackson, Spiller, White

FB (1) McIntyne

TE (3) Chandler, S. Nelson (Pistol offense doesn't have much need for a TE; vet TE K. Boss would be a nice addition in place of TE S. Nelson)

WR (6) Johnson, Evans, D. Nelson, Parrish, Easley, T. Jones (Jones is a very good ST player)

OG (3) Levitre, Urbik, Wrotto, Rheinhart (Bills like Levitre, Urbik, and Rheinhart; Wrotto can play both OG & OT so he gets the nod for now)

OT (4) Bell, Pears, Wang, Hairston (there's a big need for a vet OT addition; vet OT addition would replace Wang)

C (2) Wood, Handgartner

DEFENSE (25):

DE (4) Dareus, D. Edwards, Sp. Johnson, Carrington

NT (3) Williams, Troup, Jasper

OLB (4) Merriman, Kelsay, Moats, Maybin, Batten (Moats will ultimately play OLB because he can contribute this year as a pass rusher; Maybin is better than Coleman; Batten is a young pass rusher with good size who can play OLB and ILB and contribute on ST)

ILB (4) Davis, Barnett, Sheppard, Torbor

CB (5) Florence, McKelvin, McGee, Williams, Corner

SS (4) Whitner, Searcy (I expect Bills to re-sign Whitner)

FS (1) Byrd, Wilson

SPECIAL TEAMS (3):

P (1) Moorman

K (1) Lindell

LS (1) Sanborn

Practice Squad (8):

QB L. Brown, RB (from another team), WR Roosevelt, OG/OT Howard, NT Heard, OLB Coleman, ILB C. White, CB Rodgers.

Synopsis:

I expect the Bills to re-sign SS D. Whitner, add an OT (waive OT Wang and add him to the PS), and add a TE (possibly TE K. Boss, which would cause them to waive TE S. Nelson).

TE is not a high priority in the Pistol offense that Gailey runs with Fitzpatrick at QB so keeping only two TEs is not out of the question. Players on the bubble will be S. Nelson, Wrotto, Rheinhart, Wang, and Batten, but lack of high quality competition at their respective positions works in their favor.

Not a terrible roster overall if Dareus, Barnett, and Merriman stay healthy all year and contribute like they're capable of. Big needs for the future would be more beef on the D-line and O-line, a franchise QB, and a dominant run-stuffing SS.

Your thoughts??

My 53 man Roster as of 8-3-11.....

OFFENSE (25):

QB (3) Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, Smith (Smith's versatility is huge)

RB (3) Jackson, Spiller, White

FB (1) McIntyne

TE (3) Chandler, S. Nelson (Pistol offense doesn't have much need for a TE; vet TE K. Boss would be a nice addition in place of TE S. Nelson)

WR (6) Johnson, Evans, D. Nelson, Parrish, Easley, T. Jones (Jones is a very good ST player)

OG (3) Levitre, Urbik, Wrotto, Rheinhart (Bills like Levitre, Urbik, and Rheinhart; Wrotto can play both OG & OT so he gets the nod for now)

OT (4) Bell, Pears, Wang, Hairston (there's a big need for a vet OT addition; vet OT addition would replace Wang)

C (2) Wood, Handgartner

DEFENSE (25):

DE (4) Dareus, D. Edwards, Sp. Johnson, Carrington

NT (3) Williams, Troup, Jasper

OLB (4) Merriman, Kelsay, Moats, Maybin, Batten (Moats will ultimately play OLB because he can contribute this year as a pass rusher; Maybin is better than Coleman; Batten is a young pass rusher with good size who can play OLB and ILB and contribute on ST)

ILB (4) Davis, Barnett, Sheppard, Torbor

CB (5) Florence, McKelvin, McGee, Williams, Corner

SS (4) Whitner, Searcy (I expect Bills to re-sign Whitner)

FS (1) Byrd, Wilson

SPECIAL TEAMS (3):

P (1) Moorman

K (1) Lindell

LS (1) Sanborn

Practice Squad (8):

QB L. Brown, RB (from another team), WR Roosevelt, OG/OT Howard, NT Heard, OLB Coleman, ILB C. White, CB Rodgers.

Synopsis:

I expect the Bills to re-sign SS D. Whitner, add an OT (waive OT Wang and add him to the PS), and add a TE (possibly TE K. Boss, which would cause them to waive TE S. Nelson).

TE is not a high priority in the Pistol offense that Gailey runs with Fitzpatrick at QB so keeping only two TEs is not out of the question. Players on the bubble will be S. Nelson, Wrotto, Rheinhart, Wang, and Batten, but lack of high quality competition at their respective positions works in their favor.

Not a terrible roster overall if Dareus, Barnett, and Merriman stay healthy all year and contribute like they're capable of. Big needs for the future would be more beef on the D-line and O-line, a franchise QB, and a dominant run-stuffing SS.

Your thoughts??

You included 5 OLB's and your roster only has space for 4. I dont think there is any chance they resign Whitner, Scott will keep his place on the roster and have a feeling Corto will keep a spot for special teams.

Nice roster. My only possible changes:

Justin Rogers over corner- corner was decent the first 2 years, last year I thought he got worse. Maybe that's just me.

Coleman over maybin- I can't see how maybin is "better" than Coleman. Coleman plays. Maybin does not.

Chris white and Bryan Scott should make the team. White instead of whitner and white ahead of boss, because boss won't be a bill. I like pianalto though. If we don't keep him on the 53 man, I sure hope he makes it to the ps.