My 53 Man Roster as of Aug 3rd

Owen

[i know this is early, but it is all in fun...

I reserve the right to make changes when I want to and will except suggestions to change......

My 53 man Roster as of Today.....

QB (3) Fitz, Thigpen, Smith

TE (3) Chandler, Martin, Nelson

RB (3) Jackson, Spiller, White

FB (1) McIntyne

WR (6) Johnson, Evans, Nelson, Parish, Easley, Jones

G (3) Levitre, Urbik, Wang

T (4) Bell, Pears, Wrottle, Hariston

C (2) Wood, Handgartner

Total 25

DE (4) Dareus, Edwards, Johnson, Carrington

NT (3) Williams, Troup, Jasper

OLB (4) Merriman, Kelsay, Coleman, Batten

ILB (4) Davis, Barnett, Sheppard, Moats

CB (5) McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Williams, Corner

SS (4) Wilson, Scott, Searcy, Corto

FS (1) Byrd

Total 25

Special Teams... (3)

Moorman, Lindell, Sanborn........

Total 53....

I am hoping other players step up especially on the O-line... We have weak backups...

The linebacking corp still could be changed... I do not like putting Moats at MLB....

What changes would you make as of today?

That's a pretty good list all around.

I think Corto goes and we keep one extra LB, which is probably Chris White and maybe Maybin, yes Maybin. Danny Battan, unfortunately, may be released, even though he is a decent player.

Of course there are going to be injuries so a couple of bubble players will probably make the team and guys on your list will be inactive. I also think we need to find room for a couple players so we either keep only two TEs and six WR, or three TE and five WR, especially with Brad Smith, and Spiller/Jackson/Shawn Nelson able to split out. Donald Jones would be a very hard player to cut because of his ST play, but Brad Smith is a gunner, too.

I know he's fan fave but Jasper might be PS just because of the numbers game on defense. He will really have to impress and make plays on defense in games to be on this active roster. We can always re-sign him if someone wants to try to sign him off the PS.

I am hoping other players step up especially on the O-line... We have weak backups...

The linebacking corp still could be changed... I do not like putting Moats at MLB....

Shifting Moats outside and Batten inside is one thing I'd do but all and all I think your pretty accurate. I'd love to see us land Kevin Boss and drop David Martin. I'd also getting a veteran swing OT be nice as allow Wrotto to go back to G and maybe let us move Wang to the practice squad. Also Donald Jones is in a numbers game as Brad Smith although listed as a QB will more than likely see more action at WR. So we might see Levi Brown as a 4th QB or another S added to the mix.

Edited by The Jokeman

[i know this is early, but it is all in fun...

I reserve the right to make changes when I want to and will except suggestions to change......

QB (3) Fitz, Thigpen, Smith

TE (3) Chandler, Martin, Nelson

FB (1) McIntyne

WR (6) Johnson, Evans, Nelson, Parish, Easley, Jones

G (3) Levitre, Urbik, Wang

T (4) Bell, Pears, Wrottle, Hariston

C (2) Wood, Handgartner

Total 25

OLB (4) Merriman, Kelsay, Coleman, Batten

ILB (4) Davis, Barnett, Sheppard, Moats

SS (4) Wilson, Scott, Searcy, Corto

FS (1) Byrd

Total 25

Special Teams... (3)

Moorman, Lindell, Sanborn........

Total 53....

Just to let you know it's a 54 man roster now.

I like your selections. Add one more!

Just to let you know it's a 54 man roster now.

I like your selections. Add one more!

I could be wrong but I don't think there were any changes to the 53 man roster limit. The only change I know of is the active game day roster was changed from 45 to 46 with no third QB rule (which doesn't change it all that much number wise, just how teams use their 3rd QB).

That looks like a pretty good roster

Some possible changes

1. The fifth and sixth WR are all about special teams and Easley with the injury I think opens the door for Kamar Aiken

2. TE and OT I still think a free agent pickup is still a possibility

3 Urbik is not a lock in my mind, Rinehart is still in the running

No Torber?

I was thinking the same exact thing. I don't see us cutting him. He provides decent veteran depth. Which only makes the Arthur Moats move that much more enfuriating to me. You have Andra Davis, Nick Barnett, Kelvin Sheppard, and Reggie Torbor at ILB. Beyond Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsay, we have nothing. I could understand the move if Moats wasn't providing pass rush, but he was coming on as one of our best (or only, for that matter) pass rushers!

I just don't get it.

I could be wrong but I don't think there were any changes to the 53 man roster limit. The only change I know of is the active game day roster was changed from 45 to 46 with no third QB rule (which doesn't change it all that much number wise, just how teams use their 3rd QB).

Thanks Kelly. You are right, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Looks good but I think one or two of the players on the final roster are not with the team yet. Nix stated that one of the best days to improve your roster is the day final rosters are announced.

Yes, yes, yes.

I was going to start a thread about "Dates to watch" but there's no sense in it since you just summed it up. For Bills fans, keep an eye on final cut down day. Nix likes to see what comes available and snatch up a player or two.

I do like that 53 man roster aside from a tweak here or there. Torbor has been standing out in camp so far, which is a surprise to me. He's probably making it. Even though he's likely a solid special teams contributor, I'm not of a Corto fan. I can do without him.

QB (3) Fitz, Thigpen, Brown (I think Levi will show that he has developed a bit in the offseason)

TE (2) Chandler, Nelson (I think David Nelson will also see PT here)

FB (1) McIntyre

WR (7) Johnson, Evans, Nelson, Parish, Smith, Easley, Jones (Regardless of what you call Brad Smith, he makes the roster. I just prefer to call him a WR)

G (3) Levitre, Urbik, Rhinehart (I ultimately think that that Handy will start at RG to start the season with Urbik later on, Wang to PS)

T (4) Bell, Pears, Wrotto, Hairston

C (2) Wood, Hangartner

Total 25

OLB (5) Merriman, Kelsay, Coleman, Batten, Moats (I switched Moats back to OLB as I think they are trying to making him a swing LB)

ILB (4) Davis, Barnett, Sheppard, Torbor (Torbor is back as I see more value in him than Corto, sorry Orchard Park Alums)

SS (3) Wilson, Scott, Searcy (Wilson and Scott are versatile enough to cover Free if Byrd isn't the word)

FS (1) Byrd

Total 25

Special Teams... (3)

Moorman, Lindell, Sanborn........ Sanborn does have a challenge this year as well as Lindell

Total 53....

FWIW, I can see Maybin getting a spot over Coleman and his 80th second chance with the Bills.

Practice Squad: Roosevelt WR, Wang OT, Taua RB, Aiken WR, Cook CB (if not on IR), Rogers CB, Hicks LB

I was thinking the same exact thing. I don't see us cutting him. He provides decent veteran depth. Which only makes the Arthur Moats move that much more enfuriating to me. You have Andra Davis, Nick Barnett, Kelvin Sheppard, and Reggie Torbor at ILB. Beyond Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsay, we have nothing. I could understand the move if Moats wasn't providing pass rush, but he was coming on as one of our best (or only, for that matter) pass rushers!

I just don't get it.

You don't get it because you're not an NFL coach. They really like what they have on the O-line. Feel Rhinehart and Urbik will both make the team and they are trying to sign D. Bell to an extension as they feel he will take off this season. Don't expect any more moves along the O-line. Obviously, don't agree with this assessment, but since they have been doing this their whole lives, I will hold my judgement until game time.

You don't get it because you're not an NFL coach. They really like what they have on the O-line. Feel Rhinehart and Urbik will both make the team and they are trying to sign D. Bell to an extension as they feel he will take off this season. Don't expect any more moves along the O-line. Obviously, don't agree with this assessment, but since they have been doing this their whole lives, I will hold my judgement until game time.

:blink:

Now I REALLY don't get it. I was talking about the LB's and you went off on me about the OL? I wasn't talking about the O-Line at all. I was talking about Arthur Moats' move from OLB to ILB. What does Rinehart and Urbik have to do with any part of my post?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

:blink:

Now I REALLY don't get it. I was talking about the LB's and you went off on me about the OL? I wasn't talking about the O-Line at all. I was talking about Arthur Moats' move from OLB to ILB. What does Rinehart and Urbik have to do with any part of my post?

I moved on quickly because I really don't care about your armchair analysis on the waterboy situation, let alone the LB moves, and because I felt real information would be appreciated on this board.

I moved on quickly because I really don't care about your armchair analysis on the waterboy situation, let alone the LB moves, and because I felt real information would be appreciated on this board.

If you have an issue with people on this board questioning the Bills logic in things, you're going to fly off the handle on every post. I suggest Xanax. It works great when it comes to calming the nerves. It may even help you focus on what you're actually making a point against.