Merriman dominated practice today

In Merriman's prime nobody could block him for long. We should be so lucky he could get back to that.

No surprise about Nelson, he's not so good a blocker. Hopefully Lights-out can give us that mismatch vs other teams.

Hopefully Merriman can play against Nelson every Sunday.

I remember a training camp where everybody raved about the next great Bills QB. He was tearing up camp with great throws and great plays. Do you remember Todd Collins?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he's at least morally ok with roids could be a good thing and could make the lockout very advantageous for us. Steroids promote healing and you can't test during a lockout. Hopefully he juiced himself healthy and will be good to go for the season. 26-30 are the prime years. This could get good.

And before you get outraged by what I said check the caption.

If this is the case, I hope he's been juicing since last november.

From someone who followed the whole soap opera in the local media here in San Diego, let's be clear on one thing. When healthy he is an explosive game changer and always has been. He has had some injury issues obviously, but they are they type that don't lead me to believe he is Bob Sanders fragile, just not too lucky so far. He made a bad decision a few years back by trying to play through a knee injury instead of having surgery in the offseason.

No guarantees of any football player staying healthy, but I am very excited to see him play while he is healthy, and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays much healthier than people think he will.

Isn't the first time offense is just a warning? The players that use steroids also use masking agents, so if you fail once, the chance you have been using a lot are probably around 95%. As for what type of masking agent to use, just ask Lance Armstrong. This is also like saying OJ only murdered two people once, before and after that he didn't murder anyone.

Nope, you are wrong. The policy you are speaking of is the substance abuse policy for offenses like weed. That one you don't get suspended until the 2nd offense. With 'roids, its one and done.

Merriman feel rejuvinated

Lights out?

"Almost," Merriman said with a wink upon mention of the "Lights Out" nickname he picked up early in his career when he was one of the NFL's fiercest hitters. "I'm not going to say I'm back-back yet because we still have a lot of time before we really have to strap on the pads and go. But every day I'm feeling a little bit better."