My bills sleepers for the year

I recall people posting (with the internet equivalent of a straight face) how they expected 8-10 sacks from Maybin last year. You really can fool some of the people all of the time.

I do not think Maybin will get cut because they already have already paid him a huge bonus Mr. Ralph has already demonstrated his distaste for paying someone to do stuff for someone else.

In addition, the the LB crew we have is so poor, I do not see anyone else that good that sitting Maybin instead of them is going to result in much contribution from this other scrub.

Finally, I will flat out guarantee that IF Maybin is on the roster he will almost certainly exceed expectations!

Afterall, does anyone out there expect him to produce anything.

If Maybin makes the team he is almost certain to exceed expectations because expectations are so low.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited about a couple guys I think will have good years, here they are

Te- Chandler 36 catches 4 tds and some good blocking

Rt- pears will win starting job and get extension

Lb- maybin 6-8 sacks and a pick

De/lb- not really a sleeper, just falls asleep as running backs go by

Wow, our three biggest questions marks are all going to be great. Thanks Buddy. You rock.

WR Donald Jones- I know that he is not a big target like David Nelson is, but he stepped up and showed he could play late in the season and with Easley back he'll have more pressure put on him to show that he belongs on the team.

OT Chris Hairston- If the Bills do not sign a veteran RT, then Hairston will get more of an opportunity. I would not be surprised if he is starting by mid-season.

DB Justin Rogers- His impact will most likely be on special teams, but don't count out this kid making a mark in nickel or dime packages.

RB Vai Taua- No he will not unseat Jackson or Spiller, but this kid was a big part of a high powered offense at Nevada. He could surprise.

Good choices

WR Donald Jones- I know that he is not a big target like David Nelson is, but he stepped up and showed he could play late in the season and with Easley back he'll have more pressure put on him to show that he belongs on the team.

OT Chris Hairston- If the Bills do not sign a veteran RT, then Hairston will get more of an opportunity. I would not be surprised if he is starting by mid-season.

DB Justin Rogers- His impact will most likely be on special teams, but don't count out this kid making a mark in nickel or dime packages.

RB Vai Taua- No he will not unseat Jackson or Spiller, but this kid was a big part of a high powered offense at Nevada. He could surprise.

Wow, our three biggest questions marks are all going to be great. Thanks Buddy. You rock.

You get it

This team has a ton of potential sleeper picks.

Moats

Easley

Batten

Merriman (Injury reasons)

Barnett (Injury reasons)

Spiller

Jones

Both Nelsons

Aiken

Moody

Both Whites

Searcy

Rogers

Jasper

Maybin (yes even this guy)

Can all be considered sleepers in someway. I personally love that WR Kamar Aiken. Stuuuuudddddd.

I just want to say one thing though. I REALLY wish Maybin did some steroids over the summer. If there was ever an opportunity to do it, THE LOCKOUT WAS IT!

I am excited about a couple guys I think will have good years, here they are

Te- Chandler 36 catches 4 tds and some good blocking

Rt- pears will win starting job and get extension

Lb- maybin 6-8 sacks and a pick

De/lb- not really a sleeper, just falls asleep as running backs go by

Pears: revolving door

Maybin will undoubtedly be cut

te not used in the spread offense

2 -14 I see them going 0 -8 to end the season this year rather than to open it. Chan is fired. Ralph dies. Team is sold and moved. Luck is drafted. 10 years of prosperity in L.A. thereafter. It could happen. all in the next 12months. well, not the 10 years part....

Pears: revolving door

Maybin will undoubtedly be cut

te not used in the spread offense

2 -14 I see them going 0 -8 to end the season this year rather than to open it. Chan is fired. Ralph dies. Team is sold and moved. Luck is drafted. 10 years of prosperity in L.A. thereafter. It could happen. all in the next 12months. well, not the 10 years part....

???????

I'm hoping that by the end of the year we see Dareus/Jasper/Williams as our front three.

My "sleeper pick" is that you will get this wish.

The two Nelsons. David Nelson has nice size for a WR, would love to see him break out. And for some stupid reason I'm still hopeful Shawn Nelson gets going too.

Obviously Shawn's more of a reach, but I am with you on David - he's a real player. A lot depends on how Evans bounces back.

Maybin, I sometimes wonder if they can put him in on strictly passing downs and see him be at all successful in that sort of game. But probably not.

"Probably not" is correct.

Pretty much, I don't see much good happening for the Bills this year, they are a class behind NE/NYJ, and even Miami will probably be better.

We will much better than Miami this year. They are horrible, and the coach has already had his job threatened - the players - already not the most talented bunch - won't care about him. They're a 3-win team.

Worst news for us about Miami is that they might end up getting Andrew Luck.

Everyone keeps saying he had a bad year because he didn't get nine picks, I disagree. Did namdi asawhatever have a bad year because he got zero?

There's a big difference between a CB and a FS.

Established stud CB's get almost no stats because teams stop throwing their way and their guy is always covered.

FS's are "outfielders". They get picks with a good sense of the play and where the ball is going, followed by good ball skills.

Now, it would be fair to say our total lack of a pass rush last season made for a lack of opportunities for Byrd, but he also looked pretty confused out there in general - which means he probably was uncomfortable with the new scheme too.

Edited by BobChalmers

I am a Bills fan. Will watch them, root for them, get excited when they make a good play. Does not mean I have to bury my head in the sand and pretend that the front office has done a decent effort at upgrading this team when they obviously did not. But keep drinking the coolaid, they love people like you.

I have been saying that exact same thing for quite some time on here, but you will always have the individuals on there that if Nix signed Joey Harrington, they would be comparing him to Tom Brady. Just because you are critical of a terrible product, doesn't mean you aren't as big of a fan as them, just no where close to being as gullable as them.

We have a butt load of potential sleepers to succeed.

I am interested to see if last years draft picks will come into their own. It's gonna be tough because of lockout for sophomore rookies that missed all or part of last season due to injury. And heck that was a good chunk of players too.

I would like to see Troup do well. The Jasper Troup Williams rotation could be stupid good at NT. Like to see Carrington Batten and Moats get a groove on.

But my two sleepers and they do qualify i billieve, are... L. Evans and Mcgee. they have better players around them and should be healthy. go Bills!

Aaron Williams is gonna make some big plays this season. I believe it.

Yessir, kid is a straight BALLLER. Check out his highlights on youtube if you're not a believer, especially the one where he knocks the **** out of Sam Bradford.