Kevin Burnett

Dolphins agreed to terms with ILB Kevin Burnett on a four-year contract.

Burnett landed $10 million guaranteed, which was way more than the Chargers were willing to pay. One of the league's most overlooked linebackers, Burnett graded out exceptionally well in Pro Football Focus' ratings the past two years in San Diego. Though recently released Channing Crowder has been premier a run defender, he was a liability in coverage. Burnett provides a significant upgrade, likely at a similar price. The Bills will have to turn to Plan C at linebacker.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chump change, yet again........bills continue to cheap out and depend on crap that will, once again, suck

the cycle contiues - as it has for the last 10 years........feel free to chip in homers, i'm done

Dolphins sign ILB Kevin Burnett (4 years, $21 million; $9 million guaranteed): C Grade

If I were a Dolphin fan, I wouldn't be too happy that my team just shelled out $9 million guaranteed to Kevin Burnett. Burnett was deemed a huge disappointment until last season, so was he just playing for a contract? It says something that he'd abandon a very good team like the Chargers and sign up with a squad that has no shot at the playoffs this year. Free agents who solely chase money - and that appears what Burnett is doing here - seldom pan out.

WF.com

Sounds like another case of sour grapes to me.

Good thing that the Bills lucked out by not signing anybody given how everyone available stunk.

Not at all. Burnett for big money was a roll of the dice. Upgrade over torbor? Yes. Star player? Ummm...

Edited by NoSaint

Good to see the Bills having the right philosophy going after a MLB after failing to get a RT. Although I do think that the Bills should still try to get a second tier RT as we don't even have an average NFL RT on the roster.

They should still try to go after Barnett from the Pack bit of a risk but worth the risk now that they lost on Burnett.

Edited by billsfan89

• 1 month later...

I think it will be impossible for any LB or LB Corps to contain the TEs of the Patriots. And if you do, then Wes Welker will make you pay.

I think a good strategy would be attack with the pass rush (of course you need a very good one), and go for punishing hits on the receivers from the start. They will get their catches, and score some points, but it will wear on them. The NE running game isn't much of a threat.

The Bills aren't really at this stage yet.

Next season, me hopes.