"Battleship" Trailer

Mark Vader

What's next? Making movies based on candy bars?

Coming soon to a theater near you, "Snickers, the movie!" :rolleyes:

All I know is that someone needs to get these f***ing smurfs off my tv screen

ARGH! That's TWO pitches gone in the same DAY!

:censored: you guys!

You had nothing to do with the smurfs I hope

All joking aside, "Battleship" is not the only board game that Universal has scheduled for next year. Sometime in November of 2012 will be "Ouija".

That I can at least see in the horror genre. "Kids use ouija board, summon a demon who stalks and kills them one by one." Something with elements of Final Destination and The Ring.

What's next? Making movies based on candy bars?

Coming soon to a theater near you, "Snickers, the movie!" :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would not be the least bit surprised if somebody somewhere were watching an M&Ms commercial right now and thinking "Hey, with the merchandise tie-ins, those animated M&Ms would make a good feature film. I wonder if I can get Kevin James is interested...?"

Other than my man love for NPH -- no.

Either this script is fantastic, or NPH was drunk when he signed on for this role. I haven't seen any reviews for this, but the previews look like arse.

Seriously, I would not be the least bit surprised if somebody somewhere were watching an M&Ms commercial right now and thinking "Hey, with the merchandise tie-ins, those animated M&Ms would make a good feature film. I wonder if I can get Kevin James is interested...?"

I can see it now. They'll title it "The Candyman" and will use the

for the theme song.

That I can at least see in the horror genre. "Kids use ouija board, summon a demon who stalks and kills them one by one." Something with elements of Final Destination and The Ring.

Do those things actually sell well because I couldn't imagine they would want their game/whatever it is associated with a story like that. I bet they turn it into some romantic comedy instead, something along the lines of Ghost.

There's an older movie called Witchboard that already covers this.. Wouldn't call it great film, but I like it in the cheesy horror genre. Didn't hurt that it starred Tawny Kitaen.

Also, Im pretty sure Clue has already proven you can get a great movie going experience from a board game based movie.

There's an older movie called Witchboard that already covers this.. Wouldn't call it great film, but I like it in the cheesy horror genre. Didn't hurt that it starred Tawny Kitaen.

Also, Im pretty sure Clue has already proven you can get a great movie going experience from a board game based movie.

But how many other board games actually have a built in story like that which they could actually work with for a movie?

I watched a movie last night called "Insidious", which deals with the ghost/spirits/demons topic...I found it to be pretty entertaining and fun :thumbsup: