All chances of obtaining the good players in FA

Scrappy

Nobody wants to play for a losing team, even if they're making the most money on it. It makes for a lousy time & the money isn't as sweet as having a chance to win every week. The Bills have been offered no real chance to win it all for well over 10 years & the actions of the management have led to a steady decline in quality of the product on the field, culminating with our 4-12 debacle. Who wants to play for losing team / franchise when even the possibility of staying in that town is 50/50 ?

I'd plan on a long winter & a wet summer, the Bills are at the bottom of the tank.

Well in this case, reportedly Atlanta matched the offer. The Bills couldn't win.

4-12 Team, cold weather, uncertain team future & over a decade of failing to make the playoffs. Does this seem like a dream scenario to walk into after playing for a warm weather playoff team ??

4-12 Team, cold weather, uncertain team future & over a decade of failing to make the playoffs. Does this seem like a dream scenario to walk into after playing for a warm weather playoff team ??

There are few teams Clabo probably would have left for given that Atlanta matched the offer.

There are few teams Clabo probably would have left for given that Atlanta matched the offer.

Offer him more, no one signed today anyways. Add $10 Million in signing bonus money plus $5 Million more a year, make ATL yelp if they want to pay him that much.

It's time to win, you win by paying.

Edited by Scrappy

Offer him more, no one signed today anyways. Add $10 Million in signing bonus money plus $5 Million more a year, make ATL yelp if they want to pay him that much.

It's time to win, you win by paying.

Not for nothing, but If I'm GM of Atlanta I don't let my pro bowl RT walk for any amount of money. Protecting the young QB Matt Ryan has to be a priority if this team wants to win the division against the Saints-Buc's-Panthers. In the playoffs last year, perhaps a SB soon.

If I'm Clabo why would I want to leave a playoff team thats close to SB bound for any other team, unless of course they are also a playoff team.

Just sayin, In my view the top priority for any player is the "ring"

Not for nothing, but If I'm GM of Atlanta I don't let my pro bowl RT walk for any amount of money. Protecting the young QB Matt Ryan has to be a priority if this team wants to win the division against the Saints-Buc's-Panthers. In the playoffs last year, perhaps a SB soon.

If I'm Clabo why would I want to leave a playoff team thats close to SB bound for any other team, unless of course they are also a playoff team.

Just sayin, In my view the top priority for any player is the "ring"

Let's say the Bills were a playoff team. Would anyone leave Atlanta for Buffalo? Nope.

Let's say the Bills were a playoff team. Would anyone leave Atlanta for Buffalo? Nope.

atlanta aint really many folks idea of paradise but i also take exception to the idea that fa's won't sign solely for money. weak teams in less attractive cities have lured bigtime fa's with money....bears and vikings come to mind.

atlanta aint really many folks idea of paradise but i also take exception to the idea that fa's won't sign solely for money. weak teams in less attractive cities have lured bigtime fa's with money....bears and vikings come to mind.

Where is paradise? San Diego, maybe. And money isn't everything. Especially when your team matches, or taxes in your new state will be higher, or your family doesn't want to move.

Yet you're dumb enough to think this team shouldn't have a "build through the draft" philosophy.

Build it anyway you can, right now we built a failure.

Yeah and you said we shouldn't have taken a chance on Merriman too. You obviously know how to build a winner "over pay for free agents", you truly are the most unreasonable poster on this board. You hate the Bills and I don't understand how legitimize yourself.

Wake up. For the most part this team has no choice but to build through the draft. High profile free agents aren't coming here unless we adopt your "over pay" philosophy. So don't you think it's smart that the FO realizes that and adopts the build through the draft philosophy. It's so simple yet going way over your head.

Buffalo can't attract elite athletes from other teams or keep their own young talent for many reasons which have been beaten to death on this board and others--bad weather, lack of things to do in Buffalo, high taxes, a cheap owner, etc. Surely these are valid problems, but I think the most serious issue is that Bills management has cultivated a culture of losing and the whole fan base is reaping what the brass has sewn. How hard has Bills management worked on improving the image of the city or the team? How many years have the Bills fielded a head coach that excited the team and was able to get the most out of his players? How many players on the current roster would be considered "stars"? How many teams can say they have less star power than the Bills? How do you build a winner without giving playe

rs a reason to want to play on your team? Evey year Bills fans whip themselves into a frenzy with talk that the Bills are going after all the great FA's and earnestly believe they'll end up in Buffalo. Really? Why? Leave a dynamic, warm weather city like Atlanta-a contender for a championship- and go to the Bills?

Nobody wants to play for a losing team, even if they're making the most money on it. It makes for a lousy time & the money isn't as sweet as having a chance to win every week. The Bills have been offered no real chance to win it all for well over 10 years & the actions of the management have led to a steady decline in quality of the product on the field, culminating with our 4-12 debacle. Who wants to play for losing team / franchise when even the possibility of staying in that town is 50/50 ?

I'd plan on a long winter & a wet summer, the Bills are at the bottom of the tank.

Time to refill your meds.

Time to refill your meds.

I knew I forgot something this week.

Yeah and you said we shouldn't have taken a chance on Merriman too. You obviously know how to build a winner "over pay for free agents", you truly are the most unreasonable poster on this board. You hate the Bills and I don't understand how legitimize yourself.

I said Merriman was a risk, he still is too me. He practiced for 15 minutes & missed the balance of last year, so let's see how he does this year before annointing him.

Edited by Scrappy