Jasper Signs

NAIA is about DIvision 2 level, mostly scholarship players . . . but with less restrictions of NCAA

I'm a Jasper fan and think he will be successful. Now I don't think it will be quite like when Kyle outperformed McCargo despite being picked four rounds later, and I think Dareus is our guy. But given that he was coming out of NAIA at 450lbs switching positions, there is no way this guy would be a higher round pick, even if he has all the talent to be a great football player.

So the groundwork is there for him to be a very successful 7th round pick, and we know that between 6th and 7th rounders and UDFA there are very often impact players. Now add the things he has going for him: 1) not a finesse position, 2) Super hard worker from the videos we have seen and the 75lbs he has lost working hard, 3) Some immense physical talent including the NT talent of just being really big, 4) a nice, well spoken, level headed kid.

Sounds to me like a winning combination. And people talk about D-Line depth and numbers, but injuries happen. I see this kid getting a chance and making some plays, and being a fan favorite for a number of years even if he is rotating off the bench.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has The Chroise, eh bladiebla?

Nah, Jasper is The Chundertaker; makes quarterbacks running crying to the sidelines pre-snap just by giving them a wee smile.

Edited by bladiebla

I'm a Jasper fan and think he will be successful. Now I don't think it will be quite like when Kyle outperformed McCargo despite being picked four rounds later, and I think Dareus is our guy. But given that he was coming out of NAIA at 450lbs switching positions, there is no way this guy would be a higher round pick, even if he has all the talent to be a great football player.

So the groundwork is there for him to be a very successful 7th round pick, and we know that between 6th and 7th rounders and UDFA there are very often impact players. Now add the things he has going for him: 1) not a finesse position, 2) Super hard worker from the videos we have seen and the 75lbs he has lost working hard, 3) Some immense physical talent including the NT talent of just being really big, 4) a nice, well spoken, level headed kid.

Sounds to me like a winning combination. And people talk about D-Line depth and numbers, but injuries happen. I see this kid getting a chance and making some plays, and being a fan favorite for a number of years even if he is rotating off the bench.

He will be considered a success if he can just take up space and clog running lanes. Anything else is a bonus.

PTR