The Camel's Nose

You guys sound like a couple of trekkie geeks. I didn't realize that my making a geographical error would be both so utterly shocking and satisfying. Who knew?

Turns out Afghanistan and Pakistan aren't even part of the traditional definition of the middle east. Who knew? Unfortunately not me. But I did know that we have the traditional 50 states here, not Obama's greater 57 states.

Back to your manifesto junior. The world needs to hear about the non-assimilation of dirty, dirty brown people! Geography be damned!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow his mind tell him how most Iranians aren't Arabs either- and did you know there are Iranian Jews isn't that weird in fact there are still around 25000 Jews in Iran- yes the world has a rich diversity of ethnicities and cultures or as 1billsfan knows them funny brown people.

I'd rather not mention the Christian Arabs in Lebanon fighting the Arab Jews with support from the European Muslims, though...might cause his pointy little head to explode.

Back to your manifesto junior. The world needs to hear about the non-assimilation of dirty, dirty brown people! Geography be damned!

Wow, nothings changed. You guys just love, love, love going from 0 to racist around here. Exactly how is complimenting Indian-Americans a racist opinion?

Meanwhile, you still can't explain why the majority of Europeans have suddenly become "racists".

I'd rather not mention the Christian Arabs in Lebanon fighting the Arab Jews with support from the European Muslims, though...might cause his pointy little head to explode.

I said shoot me, but you decided that torture would be the more appropriate punishment didn't you.

Wow, nothings changed. You guys just love, love, love going from 0 to racist around here. Exactly how is complimenting Indian-Americans a racist opinion?

Meanwhile, you still can't explain why the majority of Europeans have suddenly become "racists".

STOP DIGGING, DUMBASS!!! :lol:

Point of fact: no one here's calling you racist. We're calling you stupid. Frankly, I don't think you're smart enough to be truly racist, not if you think Indian-Americans are Arabs because they live in the Middle East, and then think it's a compliment. :wacko:

I said shoot me, but you decided that torture would be the more appropriate punishment didn't you.

Has anything about my behavior here ever implied that I prefer administering a quick death over a slow, painful one?

If there was a real life "Dinner for Schmucks", I would bring you. I would prompt you to espouse your beliefs on race/religious relations in western cultures with the other dinner guests.

Then I would win.

Nor is India.

But it wasn't just an "error". It was an error so magnificent that it demonstrated your complete inability to have an informed opinion on the subject under discussion. Doubly so since you're compounding it: Afghanis and Pakistanis aren't Arabs, either (or Indians, for that matter). Why don't you just give up and mindlessly hate everyone? It'll be easier, and avoid all this confusing ethno-socio-geographic stuff...

You worded the bolded part well. It is similar to the impression I got when lyrbob claimed knowledge of the real estate and mortgage industry. He made an egregious error in a statement that it was obvious he didn't know what he was talking about. 1Billsfan proved that he didn't have much knowledge of geography, history, religion, etc. Does that mean that he doesn't at least deserve a discussion regarding the more poignant part of his assertion that non assimilation of immigrants is not a good thing?

You worded the bolded part well. It is similar to the impression I got when lyrbob claimed knowledge of the real estate and mortgage industry. He made an egregious error in a statement that it was obvious he didn't know what he was talking about. 1Billsfan proved that he didn't have much knowledge of geography, history, religion, etc. Does that mean that he doesn't at least deserve a discussion regarding the more poignant part of his assertion that non assimilation of immigrants is not a good thing?

and here I thought it was about providing assistance in the form of a letter in Arabic on a DOHS website.

and here I thought it was about providing assistance in the form of a letter in Arabic on a DOHS website.

I am OP. 1billsfan brought up the assimilation issue that he ended up getting shredded on.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I agree.

However, you still haven't convinced me that your original point wasn't "sand !@#$s suck!"

I agree.

However, you still haven't convinced me that your original point wasn't "sand !@#$s suck!"

Naw, I don't have a problem with 'em but I'd be a little nervous if I saw a half dozen 18-30 year old guys with "swarthy" complexions board my plane yelling allahu akbar. :devil:

The OP had more to do with us accommodating newcomers than them wanting to assimilate.

Naw, I don't have a problem with 'em but I'd be a little nervous if I saw a half dozen 18-30 year old guys with "swarthy" complexions board my plane yelling allahu akbar. :devil:

What !@#$ing airline are you flying? :wacko:

The OP had more to do with us accommodating newcomers than them wanting to assimilate.

Read it again. You were a lot more focused on "Arabic" than anything else, even to the exclusion of noting the Spanish-language option.

What !@#$ing airline are you flying? :wacko:

I was being sarcastic.

Read it again. You were a lot more focused on "Arabic" than anything else, even to the exclusion of noting the Spanish-language option.

I can see where you might think that but my reaction would have been the same if they had a place to click on the Swahili language.

Ugh. This thread is weak, and not that funny. Let's bring the truth:

1. All Americans, regardless of their current ability to do anything, must assimilate into our culture in order to be successful. My Polish grandmother knew this, which is why she forbade my mother from teaching me Polish, despite my repeated attempts to learn. I remember her saying "you are an American, and you will learn English, nobody wants to hire people that can't speak English". She was right then, and she is right now. We certainly retained our traditions, especially on the holidays, but the edict had been given, and the wooden spoon was applied to any kid who didn't comply. Ugh. Why do I need to invoke my Polish grandmother, and the hated wooden spoon, to tell you all something you should already know?

2. The US government is not supposed to be in the business of handing people their place in our society and it shouldn't be. Helping is fine, but handing is not helping. Every single one of us has an immigration story. We may or may not take pride in it. It may be shameful. But, regardless of what has happened in the past, we are in control of what we do next. The pride of individual accomplishment should never be subverted by some tool thinking they need to "repair our lives" and rob us of our humanity. Nobody in this country should be treated as a farm animal that must be "cared for".

3. Both 1 & 2 apply equally to everybody, all the time.

So, first of all, the government should not be handing out checks to anybody if that person isn't demonstrably actively involved in either seeking work or education.

You want to talk about retarded? "Dial 2 for Spanish AND dial 3 for Arabic" is patently retarded. It retards the ability of people that speak those languages to assimilate, and the money being handed out without requisite effort on the part of the handout taker retards their ability to do take pride in making good choices.

Ugh. This thread is weak, and not that funny. Let's bring the truth:

1. All Americans, regardless of their current ability to do anything, must assimilate into our culture in order to be successful. My Polish grandmother knew this, which is why she forbade my mother from teaching me Polish, despite my repeated attempts to learn. I remember her saying "you are an American, and you will learn English, nobody wants to hire people that can't speak English". She was right then, and she is right now. We certainly retained our traditions, especially on the holidays, but the edict had been given, and the wooden spoon was applied to any kid who didn't comply. Ugh. Why do I need to invoke my Polish grandmother, and the hated wooden spoon, to tell you all something you should already know?

As much as I admire your grandmother, if she took a walk down Calle Ocho (what was formerly quaintly referred to as "8th Street") in Miami, she would amend that statement.

As much as I admire your grandmother, if she took a walk down Calle Ocho (what was formerly quaintly referred to as "8th Street") in Miami, she would amend that statement.

Uh...perhaps I should have added background. If I ended up working in a job like the ones on 8th street, my grandmother would have beaten me with more than a wooden spoon.

Anybody can work a schit job and not speak English here. But, that's not really the definition of "be successful" is it?

I notice that Marco Rubio speaks better English than most WASPs I know. He's from around that way, right? I bet Paco the cuban sandwich stand employee wishes he knew English that well, because Rubio could very easily end up being President some day.