The Camel's Nose

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I said "wrong" because I knew you were going to say "language"...except that 1) it's not a require for citizenship[/i, and 2 and more importantly) if you've ever seen the reading and writing test for naturalization, it doesn't require anyone to demonstrate any sort of fluency. Literally, it's "You must be able to read/write/say one of three sentences on the form." The English requirement for citizenship is nothing more than "Can you understand enough to take the naturalization test?"

Plus, if that's your standard - the legal requirements for citizenship - then why completely ignore the legal requirement for multi-lingual versions of forms? (It falls under the Equal Protection Clause: you can't discriminate based on literacy, literacy in English being something that ISN'T required for citizenship).

PLUS...it still doesn't explain why you're so hung up on Arabic. Last I checked, there was no "must not be a sand !@#$" requirement for citizenship. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I said "wrong" because I knew you were going to say "language"...except that 1) it's not a require for citizenship[/i, and 2 and more importantly) if you've ever seen the reading and writing test for naturalization, it doesn't require anyone to demonstrate any sort of fluency. Literally, it's "You must be able to read/write/say one of three sentences on the form." The English requirement for citizenship is nothing more than "Can you understand enough to take the naturalization test?"

Plus, if that's your standard - the legal requirements for citizenship - then why completely ignore the legal requirement for multi-lingual versions of forms? (It falls under the Equal Protection Clause: you can't discriminate based on literacy, literacy in English being something that ISN'T required for citizenship).

PLUS...it still doesn't explain why you're so hung up on Arabic. Last I checked, there was no "must not be a sand !@#$" requirement for citizenship. :rolleyes:

America already has one culture that refuses to assimilate and ranks their culture/heritage/country of origin above America. Let me go ahead and speak for the huge majority of Americans and say that one non-assimlating culture is too many, let alone adding another.

America already has one culture that refuses to assimilate and ranks their culture/heritage/country of origin above America.

The Irish? :unsure:

Let me go ahead and speak for the huge majority of Americans and say that one non-assimlating culture is too many, let alone adding another.

Let me go ahead and speak for the people who have actually met an Arab and say that your "majority" needs to get out more. :wacko:

America already has one culture that refuses to assimilate and ranks their culture/heritage/country of origin above America. Let me go ahead and speak for the huge majority of Americans and say that one non-assimlating culture is too many, let alone adding another.

If you're a representation of the "majority of Americans", I weep for this planet. I like to believe that America's majority aren't uneducated, xenophobic morons.

Edited by Heels20X6

Naturalization Requirements from the link I posted state that "applicants must be able to read, write, speak and understand English words in ordinary use". I am not all hung up on Arabic. I'm hung up on the government hand-outs to non citizens.

The Irish? :unsure:

Let me go ahead and speak for the people who have actually met an Arab and say that your "majority" needs to get out more. :wacko:

It's not about the "arabs," it's about the non-assimilating arab people. There are many arab people who have assimilated well (Indian-Americans for example) in America. I'm talking about the trend of non-assimilating arab speaking people in Europe and America. It's become a huge problem for the European countries.

If you're a representation of the "majority of Americans", I weep for this planet. I like to believe that America's majority aren't uneducated, xenophobic morons.

Why would you feel sad for the planet if my opinion was the same as the huge majority of Americans? That made no sense.

Are you really this !@#$ing stupid?

What, India isn't part of the middle east? If it isn't then go ahead and shoot me. Didn't know this was going to become a geography lesson by the resident potty mouth.

Why would you feel sad for the planet if my opinion was the same as the huge majority of Americans? That made no sense.

What, India isn't part of the middle east? If it isn't then go ahead and shoot me. Didn't know this was going to become a geography lesson by the resident potty mouth.

He really is this !@#$ing stupid....