The Day After Default

That's what you get when left wing extremists hold the economy hostage by refusing to reduce spending.

Yes in Bizzaro world where you live the left all took pledges that they have to refuse even a penny in spending cuts and the right offered trillions of revenue increases but it wasn't enough for those left wing extremists and they said no "every cent of the deficit has to be paid for by a revenue increase for us to vote a debt ceiling raise so as not to kill the economy".

That's what you get when left wing extremists hold the economy hostage by refusing to reduce spending.

That's such BS. When the President offers $3 trillion in cuts for $1 trillion in revenue and they turn it down... it's the Tea Party and the Republicans holding the economy hostage. They would gladly screw the economy to screw the President. Seriously their best plan is to yet again deal with this in 6 months? Why not compromise and look for a longer deal?

Don't buy into the spending talking points... EVERYONE wants cuts and to reduce spending, the difference is where and how. I do laugh though how the right always says it's a spending issue. It's spending AND revenue. Hopefully they will pull their heads out their butts soon and understand that.

When the President offers $3 trillion in cuts for $1 trillion in revenue and they turn it down...

Read the fine print

$1T of "revenue" (tax increases) first then $3T of spending cuts to be phased in over time (enough time to find an excuse to not make the cut or create a new program that spends the same)

Dude reminds me of Wimpy from Popeye: I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today

Hey, now Senate Republicans are threatening to Filibuster Reid's plan! Osama Bin Laden couldn't have dreamed of a better situation to cripple the country. Boenher's plan is dead in the very House he "leads." GOP blocking anything in the Democratic Senate, Rush Limbo and the rest of the Conservative movement is demanding nothing get done unless its with some crazy plan that the majority does not want at all. Bat-sheet crazy these people are.

Side note: Cramer of Mad Money yesterday made the same comparison I had to 1861 and political acrimony. Lincoln was called the Black Republican, of course because he was anti-slavery. That's the reason the South tried to destroy the Union, of course. Now we have a black President and the Conservatives want to cripple evil government.

Republican Larry Kudlow was literally begging his fellow Republicans to get this done. But these people are just so full of hate they will never budge. And even if they did, it really wouldn't matter, they will just paralyze the system some other way rather than allow a black President to to succeed. Dark days ahead for our country

Hey, now Senate Republicans are threatening to Filibuster Reid's plan! Osama Bin Laden couldn't have dreamed of a better situation to cripple the country. Boenher's plan is dead in the very House he "leads." GOP blocking anything in the Democratic Senate, Rush Limbo and the rest of the Conservative movement is demanding nothing get done unless its with some crazy plan that the majority does not want at all. Bat-sheet crazy these people are.

Side note: Cramer of Mad Money yesterday made the same comparison I had to 1861 and political acrimony. Lincoln was called the Black Republican, of course because he was anti-slavery. That's the reason the South tried to destroy the Union, of course. Now we have a black President and the Conservatives want to cripple evil government.

Republican Larry Kudlow was literally begging his fellow Republicans to get this done. But these people are just so full of hate they will never budge. And even if they did, it really wouldn't matter, they will just paralyze the system some other way rather than allow a black President to to succeed. Dark days ahead for our country

And out comes the race card...

Joe Scarborough's prediction on what will happen the day after the Tea Party gets its way and doesn't raise the debt ceiling:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59827.html

So I just finished that article. Spookey :ph34r:.

I think the one thing that would make it even better would be if Scarboro added some Zombies.

Or better yet Nazi Zombies.

SS Waffen Troopers too, which are like the baddest ass Nazi's of the whole Nazi family.

Nazi Zombies don't just want to eat you because they're craving the protein. They do it because they hate Americans.

Talibans, they're Talibans of the Zombie world

*Part of this post has been paraphrased from the previous episode of Breaking Bad

Read the fine print

$1T of "revenue" (tax increases) first then $3T of spending cuts to be phased in over time (enough time to find an excuse to not make the cut or create a new program that spends the same)

Dude reminds me of Wimpy from Popeye: I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today

:worthy:

Now everytime I see him on TV I will here the paper towel commercial - Wimpy! Wimp! Wimpy! :thumbsup:

So I just finished that article. Spookey :ph34r:.

I think the one thing that would make it even better would be if Scarboro added some Zombies.

Or better yet Nazi Zombies.

SS Waffen Troopers too, which are like the baddest ass Nazi's of the whole Nazi family.

Nazi Zombies don't just want to eat you because they're craving the protein. They do it because they hate Americans.

Talibans, they're Talibans of the Zombie world

*Part of this post has been paraphrased from the previous episode of Breaking Bad

or a frozen ocean in Manhatten!!!

Edited by Gary M

Read the fine print

I know the fine print, so cuts are only good when they happen instantly? Seems reckless to me. Let's cut anything and everything... except the programs we like.

I know the fine print, so cuts are only good when they happen instantly? Seems reckless to me. Let's cut anything and everything... except the programs we like.

Well I don't like any program that spends money borrowed from China!!!!

I am not an Obama fan but with all due respect Nanker, how is it any different when we had a right wing idiot running the show? Borrow and spend compared to tax and spend. Common denominator is spend. End result, the country suffers.

Then you must have been pissed your whole life.

Well, not untill I started to really understand how screwed up our government is.

I am not an Obama fan but with all due respect Nanker, how is it any different when we had a right wing idiot running the show? Borrow and spend compared to tax and spend. Common denominator is spend. End result, the country suffers.

The new guy has taken us to a whole new level, and if given the chance would continue to!!!!!

Basically Obama is the straw that broke the camels back.

Edited by Gary M

Calling Joe Scorborough a conservative is like calling Nancy Pelosi a Reagan Democrat.

I know the fine print, so cuts are only good when they happen instantly?

No, the cuts are only good when they are guaranteed to happen, not mythically predicted to someday happen when we hope to get around to it. The current POTUS has all the credibility of a mop. The idea that he would actually do what he says with future spending cuts is, in and of itself, as laughable as things get in DC these days.

It's been said here many times before: there are no fiscal conservatives in government.

Calling Joe Scorborough a conservative is like calling Nancy Pelosi a Reagan Democrat.

No, the cuts are only good when they are guaranteed to happen, not mythically predicted to someday happen when we hope to get around to it. The current POTUS has all the credibility of a mop. The idea that he would actually do what he says with future spending cuts is, in and of itself, as laughable as things get in DC these days.

If anyone of them were serious a deal should be done through compromise. Lets face it we need to reform the entitlement programs, make dramatic cuts in defense, close tax loop holes and roll back the Bush Tax Cuts. All of that needs to happen. As much as you believe Obama is a mop or whatever, the other side in equally lame and can not be trusted to have the will of the people in mind when they propose their plans.

If anyone of them were serious a deal should be done through compromise. Lets face it we need to reform the entitlement programs, make dramatic cuts in defense, close tax loop holes and roll back the Bush Tax Cuts. All of that needs to happen. As much as you believe Obama is a mop or whatever, the other side in equally lame and can not be trusted to have the will of the people in mind when they propose their plans.

Um, actually the will of the people is what got some of these hard headed republicans elected, ever hear of the TEA Party? They promised no new taxes, so spending cuts is all that they will compromise on!!!

When Obama was swept in on a wave of hhope and change he had a mandate right? Well guess what the new guys have a mandate too, no taxes, starve the beast!!!!

For Obama and the left compromise means doing it their way.