Brazil child's death spotlights police killings

Booster4324

If you ever get a chance, rent the DVD "City Of God" (if you haven't seen it already). One of my all-time favorite movies. The DVD, as an "extra" has an excellent documentary about the on-going war between the police and the poor. Drug dealers and gangsters are elevated to the position of protectors of the people...which also, as it happens, gives them free reign of the favalas...pretty sad situtaiton. The police, at some point, took the positon that they would let the poor do whatever they want to eachother, as long as it didn't spill out into tourist areas...the government would just assume the poor all die...

Edited by Buftex

I don't think that Brazilian is a language.

What the heck else would it be? And before you start getting smart alecky, the wax is named after the language I'm pretty sure. When you get one of those waxes you start screaming Brazilian swear words even if you don't know Brazilian.

It is like in the Bible when they said people would start speaking in tongues. It just happens. Anyway, a lot of stuff in the Bible is weird but speaking in tongues is the weirdest. Why would they build tongues big enough for people to speak in? Why have none of these tongues been unearthed? Truthfully though the whole Brazilian wax scenario does make the speaking in tongues scenario easier to believe due to the spontaneous nature of both.

What the heck else would it be? And before you start getting smart alecky, the wax is named after the language I'm pretty sure. When you get one of those waxes you start screaming Brazilian swear words even if you don't know Brazilian.

I don't know anything about Brazilian waxes, good old made in the U.S.A. Turtle Wax works fine for me. Keep all that hoity toity imported stuff for yourself. You must be doing something wrong too, Turtle Wax has never made me scream in any non-languages.

I don't know anything about Brazilian waxes, good old made in the U.S.A. Turtle Wax works fine for me. Keep all that hoity toity imported stuff for yourself. You must be doing something wrong too, Turtle Wax has never made me scream in any non-languages.

I find it very disturbing that you give your turtle Brazilian wax jobs. Is that not animal cruelty?

If you ever get a chance, rent the DVD "City Of God" (if you haven't seen it already). One of my all-time favorite movies. The DVD, as an "extra" has an excellent documentary about the on-going war between the police and the poor. Drug dealers and gangsters are elevated to the position of protectors of the people...which also, as it happens, gives them free reign of the favalas...pretty sad situtaiton. The police, at some point, took the positon that they would let the poor do whatever they want to eachother, as long as it didn't spill out into tourist areas...the government would just assume the poor all die...

Excellent movie. It's unbelievable what's going on those favelas. If you liked "City of God", I recommend you watch Elite Squad.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861739/

"1997, Captain Nascimento has to find a substitute for his occupation while trying to take down drug dealers and criminals before the Pope comes to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil."