Anyone know anything about Morehead City, NC?

Doc

Actually I know quite a lot about Morehead City, NC. First, with a name like that it is home to the annual Bald Is Beautiful convention every September. It also has a terrific seafood festival.

Here are the positives of Morehead City: Nice Weather, terrific beaches minutes away, if you own a boat there are dozens of marinas, deep sea fishing charters, historic Beaufort, NC right next door, pretty much all the major store chains are there.

Now for the bad: It's boring as all get out, it's a small town of 9,000, the school system sucks, gotta drive 3 hours to get to a real airport or major city, you get to listen to military jets doing maneuvers all day, oh...and hurricanes.

I have no idea what makes for a great place to live for you. If you aren't looking for a lot of excitement and your kids are past school age then MC will do just fine. The best restaurant in the area is one owned by an old friend: Clawson's 1905 in Beaufort. Be sure to stop in and tell Fred or Joey that Harry recommended you eat there.

I know MC because I used to vacation in nearby Emerald isle every year, plus I ran a radio station in New Bern for a few months. PM me if you have any specific questions.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I go to Atlantic Beach usually to vacation, it's right here with Morehead City. Morehead City is actually rather run down for being so small and all. I live in a run down little town and think Morehead City is worse.-

It is a fun place to visit, one of these days, maybe between my next jobs I will do what I have always wanted, go up the NC coast and camp out, etc. It is just so peaceful out there.

what about the world famous Sanitary Fish Market is Morehead City? M kids love it there, as does my wife..as this is where the camp they go to goes on their "long cruise"..the highlight of there month at camp

Sanitary fish market? Catchy name for sure. Are the other fish markets unsanitary?