BILLS are $35.9 million under the cap...

The Bills will spend some money re-signing some of our current players. I hope Florence and Poz are two of them. Also, we have UFA to worry about next year. I read somewhere that Stevie Johnson's deal is done at the end of the year, do you see an extension for him? What UFAs do we have at the end of the season?

The Packers overpaid for the Defensive Player of the Year? Why can't we overpay for players like that, instead of Walker, Dockery....

Funny that Charles Woodson looked worse than Merriman when the Pack signed him. I wonder how he rebounded so well? ;)

It looks like some of MY players will be Bills. When the draft picks are signed

my team will be that much OVER!!!

Yeah it looks like the Cowboys are gonna have to "cull the herd" a bit.

Jerruh and the boys have some decision making to do… although I suppose they have a good idea already.

Should be interesting to watch and hopefully not too painful for you.

:)

Getting under the salary cap wasn't much of a problem for NFL teams before the uncapped year of 2010.

The cap was going up $7 million a year. Many teams stayed to their budgets and had excess cap room. At the end of the 2009 season, 32 teams had $163 million of unused cap space.

Once the collective bargaining agreement is signed and the league is up and operating, teams have to return to the days of getting under the cap. The 2011 cap is going to be at $120 million, and there figure to be several cap casualties, particularly because the 2009 cap was at $128 million.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6786350/reggie-bush-potential-cap-casualties

No one on that list the we need. Time for us to scoop up Clabo and Free as our bookends.

Funny that Charles Woodson looked worse than Merriman when the Pack signed him. I wonder how he rebounded so well? ;)

More revisionist history from the master. Woodson broke his leg 6 weeks into 2005. He missed the rest of the season. He was signed by the Pack in 2006 and immediately started and did so every game that year. He's missed 2 starts in 5 years. How did he rebound? He broke his leg. It healed. His body is not destroyed by steroids.

Merriman started a grand total of 17 games over 3 seasons before the Bills picked him up. Despite being cleared by the medical staff, he immediately reinjured himself his first day of practice and has yet to play a down for the Bills.

Only you, and only to disagree, would make such claim as the one bolded above.

Good point Doc.

Woodson had not played a complete season in 4 seasons and had missed 21 games in his last four seasons in Oakland.

In addition, after having made the Pro Bowl in his first four seasons, Woodson failed to make the Pro Bowl in his final four seasons in Oakland.

As someone who moved to the Bay Area in 2002 after 35 years in Buffalo, I can tell you that the perception of Woodson at the end of 2005 was that he was a player in decline.

Woodson was a great signing by the Packers as was Reggie White. Two of the best free agent signings ever and the Packers won Super Bowls both times in large part because of these deals.

Green Bay is a great organization and like they got a bit lucky with Woodson, I hope we get lucky with Merriman.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Green Bay is a great organization and like they got a bit lucky with Woodson, I hope we get lucky with Merriman.

I'd like to see it but not betting on it. They need to cover their "arse" and pick up somebody else for a rotation of pass rushers.