Some thoughts post lock-up

jahnyc

Hopefully recent reports are accurate and a new agreement is on the horizon. Some thoughts (assuming a new CBA is finalized and approved):

1. It seems that the rookie wage scale will apply to this year's draft selections. This would be very beneficial for the Bills and will significantly reduce the amount of guaranteed money that will be paid to Dareus.

That's fine I suppose, but for how long will they be able to sign him? I've seen reports that the max # of years is being reduced.

2. I don't think Poz will be back. Just a gut feeling. He says the right things, but I am not sure he means it or that the Bills really want him back. The recent article regarding our inside linebackers on BuffaloBills.com made no mention of Poz, which I thought was odd.

Unless they see a better alternative out there in FA...just sign the guy.

3. Assuming there is a salary cap, I am wondering how much the Bills are under and how much they will be obligated to spend to reach the new minimum spending requirement. Will the new agreement allow cash to cap for the Bills?

See the thread regarding the cap, I'm sure there is more to come, but right now it looks like the cash cap will be $120M.

4. From my perspective, a very successful free agency period would include re-signing Poz and Florence and signing a quality RT and TE. Unfortunately, we always seem to be disappointed after free agency and our lack of activity.

We will be forced to be active IMO by the salary floor.

7. I really thought our WR corp was going to be a disaster last year and I was very pleasantly surprised how things unfolded during the season. I am excited to see how they play this season, particularly since Marcus Easley is healthy and will be added to the mix.

Should be a team strength, eh?

10. I have to admit that I like Gailey and I am impressed with what he has done with the offense. Hopefully, Wanny can make significant contributions to the defense.

SHOW ME THE BABY!

OP--sorry I screwed up your thread...

Edited by Beerball

I agree with your feelings about Poz. I hear reports that he has stated that he wishes to stay in Buffalo. My gut instincts tell me, however, that he will end up somewhere else. I suspect that the front office folks are going to make a greater effort to sign Florence, and thus lose Poz along the way. He has been linked to the Giants, and this makes sense given his relationship with DC Perry Fewell. I'd love for them to re-sign both Poz and Florence, but given the choice between the two players....it's Florence all day long.

x2 Fluff and I want to see Poz with a better line in front of him. AD was okay til he was just too damned injured last year. I hope they improve and not 2 steps forward 2 steps back as always. Maybe the Sabres can be an inspiration to them during the FA period.

jahnyc...my apologies...I royally effed up your thread. I thought I was in 'reply mode' but I hit edit by mistake. Unfortunately I deleted several of your points...mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. :worthy:

I hope that you're able to add them below.

jahnyc...my apologies...I royally effed up your thread. I thought I was in 'reply mode' but I hit edit by mistake. Unfortunately I deleted several of your points...mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. :worthy:

I hope that you're able to add them below.

Dammit, who gave Beerball the keys to this thing?